News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

not enough

Started by squizzy44, 01, November, 2009, 03:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squizzy44

I've noticed that there's not much talking going on in this section, so i've made this subject so we can talk about the characters, the places, the items etc. so here is somewhere to discuss these things.
enjoy

Salanewt

Hm...

Well, for one, I honestly thought that this game should have been longer, it was too fun!

Second, they could have programmed more territory to explor (I think). I like exploring in every game that I play, and it would have been fun to go to many of these other areas.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

They should have done the optional cutscene thing like the Tales series does, it would have given the characters (especially Piers and Isaac and Co.) a lot more personality. The guy with the most personality out of Isaac's troup in the second game is Ivan. For example:

Wise One: "I cannot interfere with the actions of mankind."

Jenna: "If you can't interfere, then how about getting out of the way so we can light the beacon!"

Ivan: "Ooh, good one, Jenna!"
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Yep, and the girl with the most personality, as you pointed out, is Jenna.

Also, they should have had the characters interact more in a longer mini-quest.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

squizzy44

i think they should have made miniquests that swap characters instead as just playing as felix and jenna.

squizzy44

sorry, my little bro got on my username

Aile~♥

Yeah, actually, he's right in a way. I would have liked it if you could do it the same way they do in the Tales series. That way, you could have Jenna still be at the front of the party throughout the game. It would also be interesting if what people said to you differed depending on who you had at the front of your party.

squizzy44

i believe they should have made it so the first person in your party is the sprite you play as, except for cutscenes.

Frog

I'd just like it if they made overworld sprites for all players.
I wanna walk around as Ivan... or Isaac in TLA for that matter.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

squizzy44

id like to play as alex, he is awesome

Rolina

Well, IIRC, Atrius will be making a patch so that - provided the sprites are there - the controllable sprite will be the far-left member of the party (aka first member).

Frog

Awesome, that'd be good!
But there aren't many sprites for other players except for walking...

Rolina

No, all the O8 seem to have all the necessary sprites - there's a walking, running, climbing sprite, etc...

Makes me think that at one point, they actually planned on doing this.
The only exception is the going up/down stairs sprites.

Salanewt

I also noticed that Rope walking is missing too. Anyway, Atrius is making a patch for this? I will definitely restart the hack that I have not worked on in months to use this patch.

Have a nice day.

squizzy44

i think we should be able to play as any sprite with an almost complete sprite list

Rolina

You'll have to make the animations yourself.

@Squizzy:  ... and just how do you expect to do THAT?

Aile~♥

The running animations for all characters except Jenna, Felix, and Isaac is just their walking animation sped up. Only Felix has a rope-climbing animation. I think there might be a scene where Felix, Jenna, Sheba, and Piers are climbing stuff, so Sheba and Piers might have climbing animations, but then again, they might not.

Rolina

From what I can see, only Jenna, Isaac, and Felix have one.

squizzy44

except for that elfish sprite, dunno why he's there

Frog