News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

favourite antagonist

Started by squizzy44, 31, October, 2009, 11:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who is your favourite antagonist.

Alex
Karst
Agatio
Menardi
Saturos
masked felix (only a temporary antagonist)
other (post below)

Sajin

Role is right. Dullahan, Star Magician, Valukar and Sentinel are just one time bosses, not antagonists. They don't even have a background story (maybe except for the fact that they protect Summon Tablets though).

Salanewt

Look, I apologize. I do know what an antagonist is, and I know that these characters are not antagonists (the bosses). However, I do not really like any of the actual antagonists, so I can not pick my favourite.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

THEN SAY SO!  Jeez, if you know that a one-shot boss isn't an antagonist, then why were you so insistent that they be counted as one?  The rules and definitions of things don't bend as you want them, you know...

Salanewt

QuoteSo, even though he is not one, he stands in my way to "test me", so I vote for Dullahan now... Actually, I prefer Star Magician, so...

I thought I did say that?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

You kept trying to say that those were the ones you liked best, though... Posting your 'favorite boss' has nothing to do with this topic, after all.  Alex is NEVER a boss, but has ALWAYS been an antagonist.  That alone should hint that this isn't just a boss topic.

Salanewt

I know. However, it would be odd after a while to keep posting.

And, if I must... I will continue to go with Menardi.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Well, the general rule is that if you can't contribute to the topic, DON'T POST.  You don't see me posting in the Canadian Politics Debate, do you?  It's because I have nothing to contribute.

Salanewt

Well, at first, I was looking at Antagonists, which is Menardi. However, I decided that I did not like any of them, so I went to bosses for some reason, and then back to Menardi.

Have a nice day.

Seraphinox

I'd have to say Alex, He's always calm, never angry and oh so mysterious,
I wish they'd given him a bit more backstory, Mia was right there for the whole of the first game, why didn't you ask her about him???

I like the way Menardi/Saturos and Karst/Agatio never notice That he's just using them for his ulterior motives, shows their one minded-ness
Quote from: PentNO! The googles, they do nothing! 
Quote from:  OblivionSeraphiroth is over rated

zman9000

Alex wins by a long shot!
I mean now after playing the first two games i went back and Alex is pulling the strings every where!
not by much but just enuff to change the out come of the events.

this may be off topic but in the beginning he comes across as dumb, then the first light house he comes across as a god of water because some how from between the start of the game 3 years ago and now he left Ilm met the right people and mastered Water!

the whole thing of not seeing Alex after Jupiter light house is because while you fight  :Agatio: :Karst: .. well he takes Isaac's ship to head to vale! which means Isaac can't run and has to join you and he knows Isaac will join you to light the mars after you explain the problem, so he has a back up plan if  :Agatio: :Karst: don't light the mars light house, he has the ones that beat > :Saturos: :Menardi: and the ones that beat > :Agatio: :Karst: to light it so... Alex wins every way you look at it!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Awec

Quote from: zman9000 on 18, December, 2010, 10:20:14 AM
the whole thing of not seeing Alex after Jupiter light house is because while you fight  :Agatio: :Karst: .. well he takes Isaac's ship to head to vale!
Err, no. Having recently done (and won) that fight I can truthfully say that Alex breaks up the fight (at least if you win). He also appears earlier to heal you, foreseeing the fight.

I would say Alex is my favourite antagonist though. He's left to die at Mt. Aleph by the wise one yet doesn't seem angry.
Also, does anyone else think he's not exactly evil? Sure he was pulling the strings behind lighting the lighthouses so he could get the power, but it's also likely he knew about the world dieing.
And, although he does attempt to use his power to attack Vale, all he does is call a storm whereas he could have made an earthquake or fire storm... plus, he never tries anything similar, even though he would still have a lot of power.
And [spoiler]in Dark Dawn he helps the son of Isaac stop the eclipse, which is unexplained but you'd think he would want to kill the Isaac and his family.[/spoiler]

I wonder why he's doing everything.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

zman9000

[spoiler]why would he kill his family Isaac still has the power of mars in him and if he killed Isaac where would the power go! Also the power could have been devided between him and his son (but not for sure) so why would Alex risk it. Also is Alex still after power?[/spoiler]
Also i don't know much about GS DD but that is just my thoughts
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

ChrisButton

Sorry guys, Saturos all the way!

Aile~♥

Blados. Punish is the most awesome-looking move in all of Golden Sun.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Griever

Haha ... Blados he has really nice moves........ haven't seem Punish though weird ><