News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

favourite antagonist

Started by squizzy44, 31, October, 2009, 11:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who is your favourite antagonist.

Alex
Karst
Agatio
Menardi
Saturos
masked felix (only a temporary antagonist)
other (post below)

squizzy44

Frog

Alex followed closely by Saturos and karst.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Sajin

Alex yeah! My favourite antagonist by a long shot.
I wouldn't consider Masked Felix a antagonist though...

Salanewt

I voted for Menardi. Aex seems kind of like a jerk, despite being a neat character. Besides, Menardi was smart enough to leave Saturos at Mercury lighthouse, or else she herself would have been weakened.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

"Relax, you will not be hurt." Most bad-@#$ line in the game FTW!

Saturos is my second favourite, cause Karst and Agatio are both idiots. Menardi wasn't too smart either sometimes. She's also too blood-thirsty.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

squizzy44

Charon

My favourite antagonist? Briggs. Seriously. No other has brought as much lulz as that pirate did.

Salanewt

Yeah, I would have most likely voted for Briggs if it were at least an "Other" option.

Other possible antagonists (anything from a battle to a simple conversation):

Briggs
Wise One
Conservato
Moapa
Briggs Mother (forget her name, for about the same length of time as Briggs)
Dodonpa

And this is all that I can think of for now.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Conservato doesn't count as an antagonist.  He's more of a stubborn old mule.

Personally, I liked Karst.  Dunno why, but she's waaaay better than Menardi to me.

Salanewt

That is probably because she has a bit more of a known personality, and is seen more often. To me, Menardi is actually the nicest of these characters, despite being from Prox.

I only said that Conservto could be considered an antagonist because he threatens Piers, saying that Piers would be unable to return (evenhtually, in my own hack when we can edit scripts, I am going to make it so King Hydros was overthrown by Conservato, and his threat becomes a reality).

Have a nice day.

Rolina

No, the dude lives in fear.  That's why he's so stubborn.  He (or possibly a parent or grandparent) probably was alive during the nightmare that led to the sealing of alchemy in the first place, so he probably has some REALLY good reasons behind his belief.  But he doesn't openly act against the heroes, nor does he try to stop them.  He DISAPPROVES, but he doesn't interfere.

Salanewt

You are correct. Well then, he is an antagonist for being stubborn, and for not agreeing with the heroes.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

That alone doesn't qualify.  You may wanna look the definition up again.

Salanewt

I know what antagonist means.  :fury:

However, there are so few antagonists in the game, so I am just moving the line at which a character becomes an antagonist. I doubt that I could call Dullahan an antagonist, for example, or the mayor of Alhafra.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

...You have no idea what an antagonist is.  Dullahan?  He's the guy who tests your power to see if you're worthy of a greater power.  That's NOT the role of an antagonist, that's the role of a Guardian of Great Power.

squizzy44

i was tlking about the main-ish ones, im sorry about briggs and all those other ones but i was having a slow day. anyway, salanewt the wise one would not be an antagonist.

Rolina

Squizzy, you were talking about the ACTUAL antagonists.  The others are too minor to be considered to be antagonists.  Briggs' sub-story is - le gasp - one huge sidequest all in the name of getting to the other side of the world.  Basically, most of the foes that ONLY hold importance on the western sea are minor, side-quest type nuisances.  Only Karst, Agatio, and to an extent, Alex, can count as true Antagonists in GS2.

Charon

Ah well, I still prefer him, regardless of whether he's major or minor. He was the only one who seemed to have much personality, which is saying a lot :x

Salanewt

Yep.

As for antagonist or not, I know what it means. However, I consider any character that I fight at any time to be an antagonist, even if it ranges from Alex' objectives to one who does not seem like an antagonist, but ticks me off. I call them antagonists even though they are not.

Besides... Camelot really needs to come up with more antagonists for the next game, lol. There are even more in the Mario game series, and that isn't saying much either (considering that it is either Bowser, or a one time only boss). However, Mario is off topic.

So, even though he is not one, he stands in my way to "test me", so I vote for Dullahan now... Actually, I prefer Star Magician, so...

Have a nice day.

Besides, if a character wants to stab a sword into me, why don't they just say that?

Rolina

That makes him a popular character, not necessarily an antagonist, though.  And yeah, Briggs was great, but...  There's only like 5 real antagonists in the series (6 if you consider the Wise One as an antagonist).  And he ain't one of them.

And Salanewt, for the last time, one-shot, optional monsters that act to guard powerful beings do NOT COUNT AS ANTAGONISTS.  Antagonists, BY DEFINITION, are recurring foes that the heroes confront several times throughout the story.