News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hacking Videos!

Started by Salanewt, 31, October, 2009, 10:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Considering the move can only inflict status effects, I would give it a chance of about 60-70% for a single-target effect-only Psynergy, and 100% bypassing Luck for single-target effect-only Djinn. Also, remember that status effects are not all equivalent to each other. Deadly Poison is far worse than Poison, and Haunt is less worthwhile than either of them. For multi-target, I'd say about 40-50% for effect only Psynergy, and target all 80% for Djinn.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Ehic

Doesn't luck stat play a factor in how effective status affects are though?

@Salanewt #33

Aile~♥

Yes, I believe the calculation is something like base % - Luck, but I could be wrong.

Rolina

Yeah, luck has a big effect on it.  However, just like base damage has... well, a base damage number subject to the caster and target's power and resistance, so too do effects have a base accuracy, subject to change by the luck stat.

Salanewt

Yes, this is true. Oh cool, nice avatar.

Hm... I think I will make a video tomorrow. Will the next person to post please pick a number between 1 and 179? The number that you pick will decide which enemy I have in my next video (Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga), but there will be other enemies in it.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Thanks.  Hey, if anyone sees a scroll bar on my avatar, send a PM my way, 'k?  Trying to find the right size for my pic, and while on my brother's lappy this weekend, I noticed it needed a scroll bar (grr...).  The pic has since been resized a bit, and now I'm cycling through them with a size limit of 180 pixels wide...

Anywho, do you plan on listing which animations are which?  As in, what values they are?  I noticed in you videos that you make no mention on what animation number and argument you're using.  Also, remember when I said to make enemies not WTF HAX?  Well, Meta Knight was the perfect example as to why, the guy's totally unbeatable, possibly even WITH summon rushing.

Salanewt

Yep, that was the point of Meta Knight, lol. Still though, I am forgetful of him when I make my other super-monster ideas.

By the way, enemies are a bit different in Mario and Luigi than they are in Golden Sun, especially since, unlike in golden Sun, attacks are not universal. I suppose I can list the animations for the Golden Sun videos in the future though.

Have a nice day.

Edit: One thing... You forgot to pick a number.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

The worst part about Salanewt's Meta Knight is that he's not even like the actual Kirby character!

Salanewt

This is true. The only reason why I called him Meta Knight was because I could not think of a better name (other than Metal Knight, but...). However, if I could make it a bit darker, closer to black, then I would name him the Black Knight.

Also, I am about to upload a video. I will most likely put it in this post, unless someone replies within the next few minutes.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Here is the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUyG-vF-VMs

And here is my first embeded video:

Ehic

Salanewt

Glad that you like the video. My favourite of all of those is Link (but I like how both Fox and Samus were designed).

Also, I was unable to relocate Samus' teleporter animation, oh well.

Have a nice day.

Sajin

This is off-topic but I noticed that the sprites you found (wario, samus and fox) all have "drinking" animations. I supposed there would be some sort of Nintendo cafe in SMSS?I don't recall finding that when I played the game so maybe is a unused map?Just a theory...

Salanewt

Well, maybe. I have checked almost every map though, and the only few hidden ones seem to be Debug Rooms (they are boring, but cool). I think they were planned at Starbeans.

Also, I do not think that it is out of topic if you are talking about one of the videos, so you should be fine (I think).

Have a nice day.