Golden Sun Hacking Community
May 24, 2017, 06:03:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Error/Glitch Reports  (Read 24423 times)
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »

I don't see why everyone is getting worked up.  There's no reason to PM a moderator about forum glitches anyway, they don't have access to fix stuff like that, but it's hardly worth getting upset over.  If you can't post in the correct topic for whatever reason (I'll look into it) and don't know who exactly to tell, it's not like it's wrong to send a message to any staff member since they should know who to pass it on to that can do something about it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:52:59 PM by Atrius » Logged

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 4

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2009, 07:25:39 PM »

For some strange stupid reason, Anemos Alchemist PMed me this instead of posting it here like he was supposed to....

For one, that was mean.  I don't appreciate being belittled for something that you obviously don't know the reason for.  I simply forgot to mention why I sent a PM as opposed to posting.  Which brings me to my second point: it wouldn't let me post here.  It said that I can't post here.  I had to use the Quick Reply box for it to even register.  THAT is not my fault.  I still don't know what's up with the scrolling thing, and you may be right.  I may have to turn my computer off more often than I have been.  But that still doesn't mean that you automatically get the right to insult people who apparently lack your god-like skills with a machine.

Hopefully I don't get banned for this, but if I do, then you can be sure I won't be coming back.

- Alchemist
Wow, you must be one of those people who can find insults in anything!  I called the reason stupid, not you.  If you want, however, I can switch from insulting the reason to insulting you.  I'd be perfectly willing to do that.  Of course, I'd PREFER to show a little bit of courtesy, but if you REALLY insist, I guess I could...

View Profile WWW
Lord Squirtle
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 26

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2009, 07:55:11 PM »

I'm not sure if he was pointing at that part of the statement, instead of a tone that he saw in it? Yes, even if joking around, people may look at things the wrong way. Well, as long as this conversation is over and done with, right?

I suppose I should do some research on the glitch.

Have a nice day.

And the Wise One is a Mary Sue!

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2009, 08:12:39 PM »

I know you're only joking Role, but that may be taking it too far.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2009, 08:20:01 PM »

Joking?  No, I was serious.  I hate people who find insults in every little thing, even if there weren't any insults directed towards anyone.  I wasn't insulting him, but now I think I may start.  I'd prefer not to, but honestly, things like that are one of my pet peeves.

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »

I would expect the Global Moderator to at least follow the rules they're meant to be enforcing, try to practice more restraint.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 05:07:03 AM »

I'll try, but nobody should expect me to be too kind to them when they try an nickpick my post to find something insulting.  I am not, and never shall be, politically correct, and would sooner kill someone that was asking me to be such instead of going along with their requests.  Not only was I not joking around this time (in which case, I understand if I accidentally offense someone, will explain and will apologize), but I wasn't... I didn't insult anyone purposefully nor in a joking manner.  But they took offense anyways, for some strange stupid reason.

And no, that's not insulting them either.  I may see whatever reason they decided on doing something as stupid, but that does NOT mean that I view the person as stupid.  EVERYONE has moments of epic fail reasoning.  There are no exceptions to this.  Even I am prone.  But just because that moment of reasoning was a moment of stupid, that does not mean that the person was.  If I think the person is stupid, trust me, I will say so to their face.  But this is NOT one of those times.

So long as we're clear on this, let's get back on topic.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 07:28:21 AM »

Database Error: Server shutdown in progress
File: /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 84Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2020

Totally made me go: O.o

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2010, 07:38:03 AM »

If the MySQL server had really gone away we'd have quite a problem.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2010, 07:41:21 AM »

I was having a really big problem getting the forum to work for about half an hour.  I was wondering what the heck was going on, and got that.

View Profile WWW
Kain
The Dragoomba
Administrator

Boom Daze

Great Member

Coins: 0

Clan Position: Luna Overlord

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2010, 11:36:13 AM »

Yo.  I guess you can officially say I'm back.  ....yay.  But enough on that, just a few minutes ago, I got this masterpiece.

Database Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
File: /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 1343

Bleh.

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!
View Profile
Kain
The Dragoomba
Administrator

Boom Daze

Great Member

Coins: 0

Clan Position: Luna Overlord

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2010, 11:58:05 AM »

: Server shutdown in progress
/home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Load.php

Second one of the evening.

Database Error: Server shutdown in progress
File: /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 739

Third one.  Both are just minutes apart from each other.

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!
View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »

Yeah it seems the MySQL server has been a bit less than reliable recently.  There's nothing I can really do about it besides contacting our host, and complaining about it.  Hopefully they already know somethings going on, and will fix it soon enough.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 07:05:45 PM »

Okay, well, it seems as though the forum doesn't like the new avatar rotator I found... It loads it, then suddenly poof, it's gone.

Although the image tag works just fine in the forums, in the avatar settings it's all spastic.  Think this can be fixed, or will I have to go back to manually rotating my avi?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:10:47 PM by Role » Logged

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2010, 05:04:30 AM »

There you go.

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 04:52:18 PM
Fox: Easier in the idea that I can reduce required external stuff where the source code isn't available/modifyable (Well, there is overrides in some cases, but still.) ; So it's possible the only "Events" I would require are those of the Form.... (Mouse Events, Keyboard Events, Paint Events, Etc. when needed.)
Yesterday at 04:42:14 PM
Fox: Anyway... I know I am using built-in controls in my current editor, but it is not out-of-the-question that I might just go and make my own custom controls... so that it is actually easier for me (But that'd take a lot of work.)  I'm thinking about one large bitmap object, and just drawing them on it. Problem is, I'm afraid it might not be efficient enough.  So I haven't decided about doing it.)
Yesterday at 04:33:28 PM
Fox: @XML = If I recall, I believe Visual Studio uses it for Settings Variables that remain even after you close the program. (e.g. There's one variable I have in my program that I call "LastRom" to make it easier to get back into the program.)
Yesterday at 04:17:59 PM
Fox: XML/JSON are simple = They are just a way to store data outside the application... ... The complexity is comparable to learning about data trees, I'd say... XML = Looks like HTML  ; JSON = Think Lists and Dictionaries, and nested ones.
Yesterday at 03:51:19 PM
Luna_blade: @the whole static thing: I recently came across the problem that if you use design patterns, objects of the same class might get duplicate info. Sometimes this is very little information, so it seems better to use something class-wide than making a file
Yesterday at 03:47:41 PM
Luna_blade: another thought I had is that I already made some code better...
Yesterday at 03:45:59 PM
Luna_blade: Sure I will open-source it on github once I rewrite it to be more maintainainable. Now that I think about it, I should put some other stuff there as well
Yesterday at 03:44:54 PM
Luna_blade: Yeah I made some code and screens for it in Java. The last thing I was busy working on was the grid for the values and the selection shape.
Yesterday at 03:41:22 PM
Luna_blade: I will learn a bit of JSON and XML soon. I guess those are pretty good replacements for what I meant with static
Yesterday at 03:40:42 PM
Luna_blade: It's an okay article. I prefer reading the java implementations on tutorialpoint
Yesterday at 12:07:19 PM
Fox: article*
Yesterday at 12:07:06 PM
Fox: Oh yes, there's a whole artice on design patterns at wikipedia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_design_pattern
Yesterday at 07:20:37 AM
Fox: Oh yes.... Just checked.... Program.cs has "Application.Run(new Form1());" ... AND.... Program.cs is a STATIC class, so my hunch is confirmed. (In a way.)
Yesterday at 07:12:43 AM
Fox: So... I'm assuming that it is like a tree, and your top level file should be the static class, with all the other object classes linked from it? (Like a tree?) - Wonder how the Dessigner treats Forms. (How are Form objects linked to a static class, if at all?)
Yesterday at 07:00:51 AM
Fox: (Since I can have incredibly bad wording sometimes :P)
Yesterday at 06:59:50 AM
Fox: (Well, started "?" was more implying whether you made any public releases yet....
Yesterday at 06:59:02 AM
Fox: Wait? You started a Hed Editor? Curious if you were going to open-source it....
Yesterday at 06:55:16 AM
Fox: Using xml or json has also come to mind as a method to replace language.ini file and to store table addresses.... but I haven't thought much about that, so....
Yesterday at 06:54:24 AM
Fox: @static object = Huh? Well, I do know that it's useful for global stuff... at least. But I'm curious about when to know if a function should be down globally or through another object....  For example, I could make me rom buffer be put in a global file, since we're likely to only have one opened at a time, for almost the duration of the app, but then when we consider possible advances in the application like having two opened at one time (Such as GS1 and GS2 to transfer pieces of data), then...?
Yesterday at 06:30:49 AM
Luna_blade: And then every strategy should have some 'static' object that tells how the specific strategy should generally look.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise