News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Forum Error/Glitch Reports

Started by Rolina, 03, November, 2009, 11:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

After the move, a few things have been noticed as being out of place.  If you find such a thing, please post a link to the culprit(s) here and tell us what type of problem you found.

Here's the types:

• A topic that is locked that shouldn't be
  • A topic that shouldn't be locked but is
  • A topic who's first post isn't by the actual topic starter (due to errors in the transfer.  Usually given away by the first post having Re:)
  • A topic that should be merged with another topic (caused by the merging of the two old forums.  This results in duplicate topics - the first forum's version, and the second forum's version.  Please post links to BOTH topics.)

• THIS INCLUDES INTRODUCTION TOPICS.  Many people introduced themselves twice - once on the first, and once on the second forum.  Sometimes even again on the third.  There's no point in multiple introductions, so please list any duplicate intros you find.
  • A topic that should be moved to a different forum/subforum (some topics made in the first forum fit better in one of the second or third forum's sub-forums)
  • A topic who's formatting has been messed up by the move (examples include fonts, pics, emotes, and colors that didn't survive the transition)

It would be greatly appreciated if you reported anything else that doesn't seem right here, as well.  Remember to describe the issue type too, that way we know what we're dealing with.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Edit by Role: Fixed.

Number one and two seem the same but said differently.

I have noticed topics which are not locked that should be locked. I can tell, or else that Reply button would have disappeared for me. So if this post fits for this topic I shall continue.

Okay, hopefully after giving you these two pictures you will understand:

GOLDEN SUN HACKING COMMUNITIES:

MY TEST FORUM:

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Hm... I sort of have an error report here. This is an odd glitch that has happened in every message that I have typed except for the last one... Anyway, when I type a lot of text and it goes past the bottom edge of the text box (where the text is when you type), the screen jumps to where I type a new letter, and then it goes back to the top.

This wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the fact that it looks like the text is just flashing in front of my eyes... It just goes so fast... I can't stop... Pretty... Pretty... Ooh, who am I? Where am I? Why do I have a craving for chicken?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

... You really posted a tutorial on how to lock topics... Seriously?  We're not completely incompetent, give us some credit.

I'll look into it Salanewt.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Okay, thanks Atrius.

Hehe, a tutorial for locking topics, hehe... Might not be much use to most of us though, but it is nice to know.

Have a nice day.

Edit: This isn't much, but the last two posts in "Salanewt's Rants" were switched.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Something I've noticed - sometimes the 'new posts' picture works, other times it doesn't.  Dunno if this is just a hiccup, or what...

Edit: Figured it out.  The new posts pic works fine... but not the 'new posts in the subforum' pic.  We fixed this in Invisionfree by assigning the 'new posts' pic going sideways if there was a post in the subforum, but not the main forum (iirc).

Rolina

Also, though this is minor, the avatar limit seems to be pretty small in comparison to the old boards.  You used to be fine with 150x150 or even 200x200... my current avi should be 140x149, but it looks reduced in size to the point that you can barely make out the detail...  There's plenty of horizontal room for it without column stretching, too.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

The tutorial was for the proof, and so y'all can NOT lie, mwahahaha. Or even ask a question of ANY sort afterwards, my goal was to be as CLEAR as possible. And ah yes, Charon would have probably done it if I didn't say anything.

This post has been edited.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Hm... Oh yes, Role? For your error report, I would like to guess that it is related to the problem with my avatar... In a way at least. Remember the size of my avatar at the last two forums? That is what this one is supposed to be, lol.

So, it seems that some avatars are also expanded here.

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: charleysdrpepper on 05, November, 2009, 04:37:59 PM
The tutorial was for the proof, and so y'all can NOT lie, mwahahaha. Or even ask a question of ANY sort afterwards, my goal was to be as CLEAR as possible. And ah yes, Charon would have probably done it if I didn't say anything.

This post has been edited.

Congratulations, you've successfully had us remove everyone's ability to post in those topics.  Would you like me to revoke any other privileges of yours as well?   :happy:
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Hm... Oh yes, could you please revoke our breathing rights too (lol)? Perhaps we could also have... Actually, lets let Charley decide, hehehe.

I think I need to make an update to my avatar soon anyway (not much of one, but there still will be one).

Oh yes, did you fix the posts in "Salanewt's Rants" topic?

Have a nice day.

Edit: Thanks for fixing the avatar problem!

Charon

Since I have no idea how to change this myself, and I wouldn't want to meddle with Atrius's uploading work, I'll just post an error here:

For some reason, my post is first when it should be Suzumibachi's. Dunno why, maybe it got cut off when you split the thread?

Atrius (He/Him)

For some reason the boards code had avatars set to be the maximum size regardless of their actual size, then it would shrink them to their regular size with Javascript if they were actually smaller.

I rewrote the code so that it has them at their normal size by default, then shrinks them with Javascript if they're too large.  Basically reversed what it was before, since this way makes more sense to me anyway, and will be more friendly to people with Javascript problems as long as no one is using a gigantic avatar.

Reordering posts requires editing the database directly.  It takes a bit of work, so I'll get around to fixing them when I am able.

Salanewt

Sweet, thanks Atrius!

Wait, this is strange... You know how you avatar is shown in the top left corner neat the navigation controls? I think the image up there actually grew in size. If you want an image, then I can upload one.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Whoa, he's right.  I didn't notice until he pointed it out.

Atrius (He/Him)

I upped the max to 200x200, but it seems the code for showing that one is somewhere else.

Role's should be it's actual size now, but Salanewt...  Well, your Javascript isn't working, and I'm still trying to find where the code for that one is.

Salanewt

Okay, thanks for searching Atrius. You are doing a terrific job.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Quote from: Role on 05, November, 2009, 12:33:15 AM
Something I've noticed - sometimes the 'new posts' picture works, other times it doesn't.  Dunno if this is just a hiccup, or what...

Edit: Figured it out.  The new posts pic works fine... but not the 'new posts in the subforum' pic.  We fixed this in Invisionfree by assigning the 'new posts' pic going sideways if there was a post in the subforum, but not the main forum (iirc).
When testing skins, the Mars skin needs this applied to it as well.  If someone chooses to use it, they currently get some weird non-djinn pic when there's a post a subforum.  Since I lack the ability to go in and do it myself, I leave this to y'all, Charon and Atrius.

Rolina

Got the following error:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Subs.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/index.php on line 55

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Subs.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/index.php on line 55

Atrius (He/Him)

I was editing the subs.php file experimenting with the [size] tag issue in firefox.  Turns out it has to do with how Firefox handles certain fonts, it's not capable of shrinking them.