News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Forum Error/Glitch Reports

Started by Rolina, 03, November, 2009, 11:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Remember, though, that the guys who make viruses will make things in a way to get around the more popular anti-virus software.  Example: when I switched from McAfee to Bit Defender, it caught like 30 things on my compy that McAfee failed to find.

Salanewt

That would make sense. However, if you don't go where viruses thrive, then you should be good to go with a popular antivirus (there is still a chance of getting some, but...). My Antivirus seems to be fine though, since it seems to reckohnize viruses when they come, but I know what you are saying (unfortunately, I have only had Norton for a few months, and do not want to cancel the payment).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Kain

Whoa, whoa whoa people.  Calm down.  While I agree with Role on PMing her when this topic exists, her comment was a bit over the top there.  I'm going to help Anemos try and figure this out so no need to get riled up.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

Wow, Role said that? I missed it... Yikes.

By the way, I will also do what I can to help with the problem (partially because I feel like it, partially because I have the same problem).

Have a nice day.

Edit: To add one last detail. Yes, this topic exists, but this forum isn't necessarily the most organized one in existance (no offence).

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

I don't see why everyone is getting worked up.  There's no reason to PM a moderator about forum glitches anyway, they don't have access to fix stuff like that, but it's hardly worth getting upset over.  If you can't post in the correct topic for whatever reason (I'll look into it) and don't know who exactly to tell, it's not like it's wrong to send a message to any staff member since they should know who to pass it on to that can do something about it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Quote from: Anemos Alchemist on 30, November, 2009, 01:42:37 AM
Quote from: Role on 29, November, 2009, 03:22:00 PM
For some strange stupid reason, Anemos Alchemist PMed me this instead of posting it here like he was supposed to....

For one, that was mean.  I don't appreciate being belittled for something that you obviously don't know the reason for.  I simply forgot to mention why I sent a PM as opposed to posting.  Which brings me to my second point: it wouldn't let me post here.  It said that I can't post here.  I had to use the Quick Reply box for it to even register.  THAT is not my fault.  I still don't know what's up with the scrolling thing, and you may be right.  I may have to turn my computer off more often than I have been.  But that still doesn't mean that you automatically get the right to insult people who apparently lack your god-like skills with a machine.

Hopefully I don't get banned for this, but if I do, then you can be sure I won't be coming back.

- Alchemist
Wow, you must be one of those people who can find insults in anything!  I called the reason stupid, not you.  If you want, however, I can switch from insulting the reason to insulting you.  I'd be perfectly willing to do that.  Of course, I'd PREFER to show a little bit of courtesy, but if you REALLY insist, I guess I could...

Salanewt

I'm not sure if he was pointing at that part of the statement, instead of a tone that he saw in it? Yes, even if joking around, people may look at things the wrong way. Well, as long as this conversation is over and done with, right?

I suppose I should do some research on the glitch.

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

I know you're only joking Role, but that may be taking it too far.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Joking?  No, I was serious.  I hate people who find insults in every little thing, even if there weren't any insults directed towards anyone.  I wasn't insulting him, but now I think I may start.  I'd prefer not to, but honestly, things like that are one of my pet peeves.

Atrius (He/Him)

I would expect the Global Moderator to at least follow the rules they're meant to be enforcing, try to practice more restraint.

Rolina

I'll try, but nobody should expect me to be too kind to them when they try an nickpick my post to find something insulting.  I am not, and never shall be, politically correct, and would sooner kill someone that was asking me to be such instead of going along with their requests.  Not only was I not joking around this time (in which case, I understand if I accidentally offense someone, will explain and will apologize), but I wasn't... I didn't insult anyone purposefully nor in a joking manner.  But they took offense anyways, for some strange stupid reason.

And no, that's not insulting them either.  I may see whatever reason they decided on doing something as stupid, but that does NOT mean that I view the person as stupid.  EVERYONE has moments of epic fail reasoning.  There are no exceptions to this.  Even I am prone.  But just because that moment of reasoning was a moment of stupid, that does not mean that the person was.  If I think the person is stupid, trust me, I will say so to their face.  But this is NOT one of those times.

So long as we're clear on this, let's get back on topic.

Rolina

QuoteDatabase Error: Server shutdown in progress
File: /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 84Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2020

Totally made me go: O.o

Atrius (He/Him)

If the MySQL server had really gone away we'd have quite a problem.

Rolina

I was having a really big problem getting the forum to work for about half an hour.  I was wondering what the heck was going on, and got that.

Kain

Yo.  I guess you can officially say I'm back.  ....yay.  But enough on that, just a few minutes ago, I got this masterpiece.

Database Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
File: /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 1343

Bleh.

Kain

: Server shutdown in progress
/home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Load.php

Second one of the evening.

Database Error: Server shutdown in progress
File: /home/content/a/t/r/atriusv/html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 739

Third one.  Both are just minutes apart from each other.

Atrius (He/Him)

Yeah it seems the MySQL server has been a bit less than reliable recently.  There's nothing I can really do about it besides contacting our host, and complaining about it.  Hopefully they already know somethings going on, and will fix it soon enough.

Rolina

Okay, well, it seems as though the forum doesn't like the new avatar rotator I found... It loads it, then suddenly poof, it's gone.

Although the image tag works just fine in the forums, in the avatar settings it's all spastic.  Think this can be fixed, or will I have to go back to manually rotating my avi?

Atrius (He/Him)