News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Forum/Subforum suggestions

Started by Rolina, 04, November, 2009, 03:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

If anyone has some suggestions for a new Forum or SubForum, list them here.

I'll start.

Since there seems to be quite a few people making ranting threads, I actually suggest making a second subforum for the General Discussion - Member Rants.  Each person is allowed to create ONE and ONLY ONE thread, which will be the thread they go into to rant about things.

Salanewt

Yeah, I agree, which reminds me, I need to add a new rant to my topic.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Although I don't mind the rant topics, I'd rather not encourage them by creating a whole section for them.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

True enough... Okay then, how about a Members' Hacks forum? This is where each person who has uploaded a patch of Golden Sun can host it, and update it.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

Hello. This is just a very minor suggestion before I start with my homework, but would it be likely for the RPG forum to be separated from the Forum Games forum? I know that they are all games, but I noticed that the RPGs have gotten very little attention, and I theorize that a part of the reason is because they are only a subforum (I also noticed that people rarely post in subforums, not just at GSHC).

Just a suggestion though, and not an important one.

Have a nice day.

Charon

We don't really need a separate forum for hacks, most people just post them in the GS hacking section. The other suggestion is actually a good suggestion and I'll go ahead and change it. :3

I also moved "Debates" to Open Discussion.

Rolina

Clan section needs a place where all clans can interact with one another, as well as a Clan Wars section.

The Clan Commons (or whatever it'll be called) is viewable and postable only by those who are clanned - unlcanned members cannot see or post in it.

Clan Wars, however, can be seen by everyone, but only those who are clanned can post in it.  Unclanned people can only witness the destruction going on.

Atrius (He/Him)

I've been looking into ways around it for the community hack sections, but with SMF's permissions system it doesn't appear that you can make it so certain people can view, but not post in forum sections.  It's either everyone or no one, the only way I've found around it is to make those who should be able to post in the sections moderators for it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]