News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Sprite Requests

Started by Rolina, 10, November, 2009, 06:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Need some sprites for something?  Don't know where to find it?  Ask about it here.

Do NOT request media, here, though.  Just sprite sheets.  Also, be specific as to what you're looking for.

I shall start us out.

I'm looking for a sprite sheet with all the selectable icons, such as the Yes, No, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Djinn, Attack, Summon, Item... You know, the square-shaped ones you'd select in a menu or in battle.  The ones that were in the emotes from the OMG forums.  Since I cannot access or edit the posts in OMG, I can't just go an get it myself, so if someone could provide a sprite sheet with those on it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Salanewt

Ooh, I like this topic idea!

Okay then, I would like some Koopa sprites, preferably from the Paper Mario games, since I plan in the future to, well... it is a secret.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Role on 10, November, 2009, 06:09:08 PM
I'm looking for a sprite sheet with all the selectable icons, such as the Yes, No, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Djinn, Attack, Summon, Item... You know, the square-shaped ones you'd select in a menu or in battle.  The ones that were in the emotes from the OMG forums.  Since I cannot access or edit the posts in OMG, I can't just go an get it myself, so if someone could provide a sprite sheet with those on it, it would be greatly appreciated.

*reuploads those smilies here*
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Hm... I just remembered something. Before I ask for another request, I know that icons can use any colours from a 16 colour palette (one transparent), overworld sprites are limited to 256 (with transparent) as are battle sprites, and portraits are limited to 16 colours, but they can be any 16 colours from the 156 palette.

Anyway, is there a limit to the level sprites (chests, Isaac, etc.)?

Also, I am requesting the following sprites:

Dinox (or relatives), Fiezhi, and a little something for myself, Akafubu (both sprites and portrait please). Also, my Koopa request is still up, if anyone wants to fulfill it.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Salanewt on 11, November, 2009, 03:00:26 PM
I know that icons can use any colours from a 16 colour palette (one transparent)
Correct, that would be this palette to be specific (the top-left color is transparent):

Quote from: Salanewt on 11, November, 2009, 03:00:26 PMoverworld sprites are limited to 256 (with transparent) as are battle sprites
It's actually a 224 color palette, since the game reserves 32 slots for other things.  This is that palette (Again top-left color is transparent):

(Note that the first 16 colors in this palette are the exact same 16-color palette for item/psynergy icons)

Quote from: Salanewt on 11, November, 2009, 03:00:26 PMportraits are limited to 16 colours, but they can be any 16 colours from the 156 palette.
They can be any 16 colors you want.  The only limitations are that the individual RGB values should be divisible by 8, and one color is transparent (though it doesn't have to be used)
Where do people keep getting the idea that there's some mysterious palette you have to select your 16 colors from?

Quote from: Salanewt on 11, November, 2009, 03:00:26 PMis there a limit to the level sprites (chests, Isaac, etc.)?
They're exactly the same as overworld, and battle sprites.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

Hey, Atrius, mind getting the zip with all the sprites in it? I want to do some sprite editing to see what I can do.

Salanewt

I actually just guessed about the palette for portraits (but then I saw one of Role's posts explaining, and I forgot to change it here, as well as the typo (256 was supposed to be 256, but...)).

Thanks for the palettes.

So, level sprites are unlimited too? Well then, I should be good to go.

Still requesting all of the sprites from before, but I just realized that I can get Akafubu's portrait myself, so...

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

"unlimited too"?  Where did I say that ANYTHING was unlimited?

Golden Sun Sprites
Golden Sun TLA Sprites

Salanewt

I meant that the possibilities were practically without a limit, but the way I worded it was not quite right.

Thanks for the sprites.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 11, November, 2009, 04:18:05 PM
"unlimited too"?  Where did I say that ANYTHING was unlimited?

Golden Sun Sprites
Golden Sun TLA Sprites
*all shiny-eyed*
I love you... you know that, right?

Atrius (He/Him)

Just wait till I finish my next edit for the forums.