News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun:Tla Editor error

Started by Sephie-chan, 04, February, 2009, 05:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephie-chan

Hi everyone, I'm new here!
And I have a problem with the Editor.(Hope this is the right section, otherwise I'm sorry)
I downloaded it and try to start. But then I get the message
'Failed to initialize drawing surfaces. Please check your graphic card meets the minium requirements and taht your driver is up-to-date. If your graphic card has a little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resulotion.'

Thats it. My drivers are up-to-date, I've checked it out. And I've switching the resultion to the lowest, but it didn't work. Could anybody help me, please?

Atrius (He/Him)

What kind of graphics card do you have?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Sephie-chan

I have the 3d Prophet 4000 XT TV Out.

Atrius (He/Him)

Hmm... That's an odd one, as long as it has at least 32MB of memory, is compatible with DirectX 8 or higher, and you're running Windows 2000/XP/Vista, or later it should work.

Alright, do this for me, go to 'Start' > 'Run...' and type in "dxdiag", click on the Display tab, and run the tests.  

If you can't run the Direct3D test at all, there's your problem.  To fix that go to your desktop, right-click > 'Properties' > 'Settings' > 'Advanced' > 'Troubleshoot' and slide 'Hardware Acceleration' all the way to the right, or at least to the right of where it says 'Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations.'  Next, close then reopen the DirectX Diagnostic tool, and make sure Direct3D is enabled & working.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]