News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Custom BBCode Commands

Started by Atrius, 11, November, 2009, 07:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Current custom BBC commands available

- [youtube]Video Url[/youtube] - Embeds a youtube video into a post
- [nicovideo]Video Url[/nicovideo] - Embeds a NicoVideo video into a post
- [sprite= ind #, anim #, dir #]Alternate Text[/sprite] - Inserts an image of a Golden Sun sprite into a post (As long as it's been uploaded)
- [heightmax=# in pixels]Content[/heightmax] - Allows a maximum height for content to be specified, will display a scrollbar if that maximum is exceeded.
- [imgleft]image url[/imgleft] - Aligns images to the left, and allows text to flow seamlessly around them.
- [imgright]image url[/imgright] - Aligns images to the right, and allows text to flow seamlessly around them.
- [float=side (left, or right)]content[/float] - "Float" content on the side of your post, allowing text to wrap seamlessly around it.
- [border]content[/border] - Add a border to content in your post.  (If used with [float] tag, it goes inside of it)

Make your requests for custom commands here.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

[nicovideo]video url[/nicovideo] please!

Also, can we have examples?  I don't quite understand the sprite command...

Atrius (He/Him)

[sprite= ind #, anim #, dir #]Alternate Text[/sprite] - Inserts an image of a Golden Sun sprite into a post (As long as it's been uploaded)

ind # = Index Number of sprite to insert.
anim # = Animation Number for sprite to insert.
dir # = Direction Number for sprite to insert.

All of these values are the same as they would be in the editor while browsing the sprites in The Lost Age.

For example if you wanted to insert Master Hamma into a post, you could locate her in the sprite viewer in the editor at index # 59.  Looking through her animations we decide we want to insert Animation # 5 into a post, and since it only has direction 0 we insert it as such:
[sprite= 59, 5, 0]Master Hamma[/sprite]
which gives us the following:
[sprite= 59, 5, 0]Master Hamma[/sprite]
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

suzumebachi

I'm never going to get the sprite thing, with all its numbers, but anyways....

Okay, that makes sense.

Rolina

So, what's the alternate text for?  Mouseover?  Also, what argument should we use for palette swaps?

[sprite=591, 1, 0]Ghost[/sprite] - Can I be lich now?

Atrius (He/Him)

The alternate text also appears if the image doesn't exist.

Seeing as how each sprite has to be uploaded onto the server, palette swaps aren't going to be available.

Rolina

Tch.  I was hoping you could just have it use the same thing that the game does to swap the palette... or at least something similar. Ah well.

Atrius (He/Him)

- [nicovideo]Video Url[/nicovideo]
[nicovideo]http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3423552[/nicovideo]

Doesn't work in post preview for some reason, but does on the actual topic page.

Rolina

I LOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOU!  I never have to use youtube again! :heart:

[nicovideo]http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8628149[/nicovideo]

Tee hee...

Rolina

Ah, the sprite command seems to have broken.  Edit:  FIXED!

[sprite=245, 3, 2]Mars Run[/sprite]

Charon

[sprite=4,1,0]hrm...[/sprite]

I approve of the sprite idea. It will make it a lot easier for people to talk about the editor when they can show the exact sprite!

Rolina

Here's a question - when we make final sprites for our hacks (FINAL, not the Beta sprites we're currently working with), could we perhaps have a command similar to the sprite command for them?  We'd need a reference thread for which sprite is which, but what am I good for, if not for reference threads? XD

Atrius (He/Him)

Maybe... I'll consider it.  You'll have to settle for using the [img] tag for now.

Rolina

Of course.  Not until we get enough for the [csprite] tag to be viable should we actually consider it.

Rolina

It's been months, I claim the right to post again.

Although the table tags exist already, you wouldn't mind giving us an in-depth explanation as to how they work and how to make them actually visible, would you?  So far what I've tried for making the table borders visible hasn't worked, and it's kinda frustrating.

Atrius (He/Him)

Basically the tags are supposed to be nested so that the table tag is on the outside, row tags are inside it, and column tags are inside the row tags.  It ends up looking something like this:

[table]
    [tr]
         [td]One[/td]
         [td]Two[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
         [td]Three[/td]
         [td]Four[/td]
    [/tr]
[/table]

Which gives us this:

OneTwo
ThreeFour

As you can see the table itself is invisible, but it does align the contents properly.  You can even get more advanced, and do stuff like this:

[spoiler=One]One[/spoiler]Two
QuoteThree
[sprite=4,0,7]Four[/sprite]

As for actually making the table borders visible...  That's probably something I'll have to edit in the php code for the command.

Rolina

Awww, that sucks.  It's gonna make me do ASCII tables for the summons list?

F you, forums.  F you.

Atrius (He/Him)

Rolina

Thank you.  Thank you SO much.  Now I can actually make these things readable, AND have them be viewable in lower resolutions.  Fixed width fonts can be kind of... width restricting.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I would like the BBCode for scrollboxes... (You know, like what was done with the sig... ) Edit: Hopefully it is possible to make one (box with attribute for height.)

(Atleast then, we won't have to worry about long spoilers taking up so much room....)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)