News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Atrius' Artwork

Started by Atrius, 14, November, 2009, 07:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

The stripes down the lower arm are just recessed & raised parts in the leather of his gloves, the band over the thick part of his lower arm is also part of them.  The recessed sections would be a different shade of brown from the rest of the glove.

Hmm... Checking it again the legs were supposed to start roughly where the bottom of his belt currently is, how I managed to miss my own guide lines that badly without noticing is beyond me...

His beard is pulled up on the left side of his face because he's half-smiling/smirking.  It may be a bit exaggerated though.

The hilt is only a little crooked compared to the scabbard, maybe he bent it and is too poor to get it repaired :P  Nah, It'll get fixed.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

I know.  Like I said, that'd probably be fixed with colors.

Anywho, can't wait to see your tweaks.  Not used to bearded characters, so that's probably why it seemed off.  I'd love to see a full team come out of your drawings, though.  Would be kinda cool. ^-^

Atrius (He/Him)

Alright, here's take two.  Slightly different pose, more interesting (and common for Golden Sun character art) angle, and new technique for the clothing folds.

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Looks good Atrius. His mouth looks a bit small now... But other than that, he looks pretty good.

As for the mouth, you can fix it if the corner of his mouth was aligned vertically with the centre of his eye (but you do not have to do anything to the other side of the mouth). This character looks pretty neat too (and the folds on his clothes look a bit better now).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Okay, that facial expression is just.. weird.  It's not the beard this time, either.  It looks like his cheek is swollen and he was raised with his head in a box.  You need to make the face more round and... well, do a much better job with the mouth.

Next:  He looks like he's dragging that leg behind him...

He didn't just get his @#$% kicked, did he?

MaxiPower

his head reminds me of a dood from lost

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Oh, I see that someone else has noticed that. OMG ATRIUS'S DRAWING HAS COME TO LIFE!!!!!!
Will everyone please calmly evacuate the universe because we're all gonna die.

Atrius (He/Him)

He does have a lot of similarities to what I had in mind, just needs thicker eyebrows, to shave the edges of his beard, and a couple other fairly minor changes.

Rolina

Ah, his face looks significantly less beaten up in that pic.  Good improvement.  Belt buckle seems a bit odd, and he still looks like his left(?)/rear leg is crippled.

Atrius (He/Him)

Hey look another character for the community hack.  She is a spell fighter, mercury adept named Ania.  Full bio will be posted later.

My scanner seemed rather convinced that the part of the paper where her feet are drawn doesn't actually exist, sorry about that.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Is she holding a samurai sword? It looks like a Wakizashi......
Methinks I play too many RPGS as I've played so many that I can name almost every type of sword, axe, mace, spear.....
That or I have too much spare time.......

Rolina

Funny, to me it looks like she's holding a Light Blade *is shot*

Ahem... er... anywho, it's done pretty well.  I can't really think of anything to go in and fix.  The only thing that really needs doing is that it needs some color for the sprite artists to work with.

Edit:  I love her outfit, though.  The overall mix of the simplicity with the designs... looks like a solid candidate, really.  I can see a light blue/white color scheme with it, to match the mercury aspect of the character...  similar to Piers, I guess...

You may also want to look at her arm... er, the one not holding the blade.  Seems a bit stiff... but I really dunno much else to tweak.

Atrius (He/Him)

Oh, there's no rush on coloring it.  We're still way behind our goal for submissions, it'll be quite a while before we have enough characters to vote between, and select who actually will be in the game.  I may create a sketch for a character of each element before I start coloring them.

Thanks for the compliments on her outfit.  Your description of the color scheme sounds like what I had in mind.

It could almost pass for a Wakizashi, though they're actually a shorter blade between 1 and 2 feet long with a slight curve.  Her sword is styled more closely to a Ninjato.

EDIT: Just noticed your edit, tweaked my post.

Rolina

Indeed, but it's just a heads up for when we do have sprite artists go at it.  Don't forget that other people could use your character, even if it's not in the community hack.  That's one of the main reasons I want art for each submission - so that it can be used for more than just the community hack.  If someone else looks and sees a character concept they like, they can use it.

....At least, that's the goal.

Atrius (He/Him)

Not a bad idea, but what if some people don't want just anyone using their characters?

Rolina

Then they shouldn't be entering them into the community hack.  The point of the CH characters is that they're shared by the community.  Even if the hack itself doesn't have them, they're there for viewing and/or using as a basis.

Atrius (He/Him)

I dub him Daryl, wandering scholar, and Mars pure mage.

Aile~♥

Him? A pure mage? He looks a bit too strong for a pure mage, more like a spellsword.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

He looks great Atrius, but I would round his elbows and heels a tiny bit (not much). Other than that, I see no room for improvement.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Seems a bit proportionally off, to me... Torso is too big compared to the legs, and the arms look like they'd go all the way down to his knees (should be no longer than mid-thigh).

The staff(?) looks way off, too.