News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Atrius' Artwork

Started by Atrius, 14, November, 2009, 07:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Role on 06, May, 2010, 05:35:43 AM
Nice! ^-^
I like how she's slightly taller than Felix and Isaac.  I mean, she's older, and obviously would have grown more than the other two.  Nice touch.
Of course, her bio says she's 6' 1", even taller than the average fully grown adult.  I'm glad you noticed.

I think idle, and walking are all I'm going to do for them until we decided who the main characters are.  Maybe casting Psynergy as well since that would put her up on the same level for number of animations as Sheba (Minus her being unconscious at Idejema, and collapsed onto her hands & knees), whom is the original party member with the least number of sprites.

QuoteI really wanna see more like this, and not just the characters myself and TNS came up with, either!  It'd be really cool if we could have a full sprite sheet for all the characters that we wind up voting on.  That way, even if we don't get them put into the community hack, someone else may say "Hey, I like that.  I wanna use that model for my hack!" and then BAM, it's easy to plug in!  All we have to do is make sure we've got our eyes focused on consistent quality. ^-^
That would be the goal.  Aside from the character art, it's nice to have a reference for what they'll actually look like in game before a decision is made.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Any chance you could do the Sakum character hehehehehe for the community project of course... when you get free time of course

It would be interesting to see what he would look like all proper... of course I do have the NPC sprite that would cut time in half

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 06, May, 2010, 10:50:59 PM
Quote from: Role on 06, May, 2010, 05:35:43 AM
Nice! ^-^
I like how she's slightly taller than Felix and Isaac.  I mean, she's older, and obviously would have grown more than the other two.  Nice touch.
Of course, her bio says she's 6' 1", even taller than the average fully grown adult.  I'm glad you noticed.

I think idle, and walking are all I'm going to do for them until we decided who the main characters are.  Maybe casting Psynergy as well since that would put her up on the same level for number of animations as Sheba (Minus her being unconscious at Idejema, and collapsed onto her hands & knees), whom is the original party member with the least number of sprites.

QuoteI really wanna see more like this, and not just the characters myself and TNS came up with, either!  It'd be really cool if we could have a full sprite sheet for all the characters that we wind up voting on.  That way, even if we don't get them put into the community hack, someone else may say "Hey, I like that.  I wanna use that model for my hack!" and then BAM, it's easy to plug in!  All we have to do is make sure we've got our eyes focused on consistent quality. ^-^
That would be the goal.  Aside from the character art, it's nice to have a reference for what they'll actually look like in game before a decision is made.

Don't forget that idea I had a while back for a patch to make the left-most character in the status screen be the de-facto leader of the group, and thus the one displayed.  Similar to the Tales of games.  We already have precedent - you can have a save file with Jenna as the person in the title screen.

And even if that doesn't work, we'll need it anyways (save custom, situation sprites like Garet hanging and Mia reaching for him, and, of course, the Felix Dance). After all, if she's not the main in the Community hack, she could be in another hack.  Such as the one she was originally created for! \o/

However, without even a way to input sprites yet, for now just go as you're able.  I'd love to see the idle sprites when you're done with them.

Atrius (He/Him)

8 characters for each element x 4 elements x 5 sprite directions x 35 necessary poses Felix has = 5600 sprites

Enough said.

Speaking of not having a way to input sprites yet:

The portrait is just a palette edited version of Izumo's item vendor.

[sprite=4,17,0]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,1]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,2]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,3]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,4]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,5]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,6]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,7]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

Nice! The portrait actually fits her pretty well, surprisingly.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

That is a lot of sprites...  Except... It's kinda twice as many, since it's 8 characters x 2 build types x 4 elements x 5 directions x 35 poses.

That doesn't even touch battle sprites!

...okay, well, that's stretching it, since not all sprites have 8 directions, such as climbing, going up/down stairs, etc...

Needless to say, it's gonna be a long time before we're done, and it's gonna be a group effort that's needed.  But in the end, it'll probably be worth it.

Of course, we don't need to have all of it done by the time we figure out who the eight characters we'll be using are, and those eight will take priority, but after those are done we can easily just keep working on more, and bit by bit we'll get closer to completion.

Atrius (He/Him)

For climbing, going up/down stairs, and others that only have 1 direction I only counted about 1/5 of them in the 35 poses so that the final result would be more accurate.

2 build types for each character?

DarkShuyin

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 08, May, 2010, 02:11:39 PM
For climbing, going up/down stairs, and others that only have 1 direction I only counted about 1/5 of them in the 35 poses so that the final result would be more accurate.

2 build types for each character?
For each element.  Basically, we'll have 8 mage and 8 fighters for each element.  We'll vote to narrow it down until we get 1 for each, and then we have our 8 characters - four fighters, four mages, and each element with one of each.  Allows for some interesting situations, such as areas with enemies with crazy high defense, and thus you may wanna bring in the four mages.  When you do that, the best part is you'd still have a team with each element represented.  Likewise, you could have an area where enemies have high attack, and fighters are preferred for their higher defense.

This, of course, means that in the end, we'll be voting for 16 characters for each element, 8 of whom are mages, and 8 of whom are fighters.  So that's 64 characters we should eventually have... however, the 8 we're actually going to be using will be the first to get full sprite sheets.  After all, higher priority is given to those we know will be used, right?

All and all, though, there's no way one person can do this alone, so it'll take an effort from all the artists, and perhaps a few other people.  I mean, I'm not gonna have you do it all yourself!  That's way too much work, and besides, you've got the editor to work on, too!

Atrius (He/Him)

You don't have a full sized, dedication game production company here, don't expect miracles.

Rolina

That's exactly why I said we'd finish it when we do, and why the 8 we eventually choose in the CH will take priority.  I mean, it's not like I'm setting deadlines, y'know?

Atrius (He/Him)

I'm talking about even getting 64 character submissions as much as everything else.

Rolina

If nothing else, I'll come up with everything myself.  It may take much longer that way, but it can be done I figure.  There's also the art you and RTS have been coming out with.  I'm surprised that there's not been more art of y'alls posted up there with the appropriate characters...

RTGreece21

rose and the others have been busy with homework and such. im not sure myself as to what the appropriate characters are, but thats an explination as to why you dont see too much for artwork from any of the personalities.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

MaxiPower

Convert my characters into the submission thread please... the completed ones at least

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=493.0

Rolina

Done.  This brings us to:

:Venus: Fighters: 0
:Venus:    Mages: 1
:Mars: Fighters: 1
:Mars:    Mages: 1
:Jupiter: Fighters: 3
:Jupiter:    Mages: 0
:Mercury: Fighters: 0
:Mercury:    Mages: 0

MaxiPower

thanks :) hopefully the third one will be done before the weeks up

Rolina

They'd be up already if you'd finish the info for them.  I can just update it when the full color pic is done.

Atrius (He/Him)

Daryl the mars pure mage wandering scholar, take two.

Rolina

Significantly better.  However, the proportions are still a little off... look at that torso, it's like... XBOX HUEG.  If you meant for the shirt to go down past the waist, then I think you messed up with the pants.  if not, then you messed up with the torso itself.

If the pants are the problem, make sure they close at about the crotch area, like normal pants do.  You know... about where that vest-like thingy ends.
If the problem is the torso... yeah, you see that Vest-like thingy?  That's where he ran out of torso, and where his pants should be beginning.

Other that the weirdness with that, I still think the staff looks kinda weird, but it's easy to tell you spent less time on it than everything else, so it may just need a bit more attention.