News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Atrius' Artwork

Started by Atrius, 14, November, 2009, 07:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

At his vest?  His legs would be double the size of his torso!  As it is, they'd begin at the bottom of the fold in his tunic.  His body is tilted slightly to face the right, so the beginning of the leg on the left will overlap the right one a bit.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Actually, double checking, I was a bit off, should be in the middle of the tunic area below it where the crotch area would be.  Also, perspective alone cannot be used to explain why it looks proportionally off.  Remember - unless tucked in, tunics hang over be pant area.  The waist =/= the torso, and should be about where the vest ends... unless you meant for the vest to end at the ribs or something (it looks like it goes down to the waist).

I mean, it looks like he's got a really long crotch.

...er, let me rephrase that...

His waist looks twice as long as it should be.  His height is about right, but right now he looks like he's got kinda stumpy legs compared to the rest of his body.

RTGreece21

He looks really good though, but Role's right about the legs looking a little short compared to the torso. Maybe I could try drawing the character and give you the sketch so you have something to look off of.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Atrius (He/Him)

Or, I could just shorten his tunic, and make more of his existing legs visible.

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

I don't think you even need to do that Atrius. It just looks like the leggings of his pants are too close together when you get past that part of the tunic. The most that really needs to be done, in my opinion, is to just make the edge of his right legging more vertical near the top than diagonal, but still apparent that there is an angle. However, I also see what you mean by how the legs might look too long...

Also, your drawings are pretty good Atrius. When shall we see more of them?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

How do I put this...

It looks like his hips are on backwards.  In other words, looks like he's facing his butt towards us when you look at the angles you used.  Knees don't bend that way.

Charon

Yeah, it looks a little like the legs are pointing backward and not forward. This is because of how you shading the leggings. I would recommend probably darkening the shading on the tibia.

Atrius (He/Him)

I see what she's talking about, it's a bit more than just the shading.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 12, May, 2010, 09:37:09 PM
How do I put this...

It looks like his hips are on backwards.  In other words, looks like he's facing his butt towards us when you look at the angles you used.  Knees don't bend that way.
Yikes, if knees DID bend both ways I don't know how on earth we would be able to stand up properly..... We'd be smashing our heads into the pavement all the time.

Charon

Quote from: Atrius on 15, May, 2010, 11:28:45 AM
I see what she's talking about, it's a bit more than just the shading.
The legs are about straight though so you could probably fix it like that.

goldensunmaster97

jenna is my faverite charactor ever

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 07, May, 2010, 11:46:38 PM
8 characters for each element x 4 elements x 5 sprite directions x 35 necessary poses Felix has = 5600 sprites

Enough said.

Speaking of not having a way to input sprites yet:

The portrait is just a palette edited version of Izumo's item vendor.

[sprite=4,17,0]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,1]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,2]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,3]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,4]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,5]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,6]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]
[sprite=4,17,7]I'ma firin' mah lazer![/sprite]

I know it's been a while, but I figured I could at least show off something.

Been working on a project of my own, and this came in handy with the visual aids.  Mad props still for making these Atrius, even after all these years.