News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun 1.5

Started by Seraphinox, 24, November, 2009, 06:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seraphinox

Would anyone else like to see this game?
I'd imagine it would be what happened to Isaac and co after they left Lalivero all the way up to their defeat at Jupiter Lighthouse. It would probably answer a few more of the unanswered questions.

Did they ever get to Lemuria? What were they doing during Felix's adventure? How did they find out about Master Hamma? etc

It's never gonna be happen but would be a cool idea...

Quote from: PentNO! The googles, they do nothing! 
Quote from:  OblivionSeraphiroth is over rated

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Well you could do aGolden Sun 2 hack about all that stuff (when the editor is able to do it, of course ;)

Rolina

Would this also include the GS1 events from Felix's point of view?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 24, November, 2009, 03:48:38 PM
Would this also include the GS1 events from Felix's point of view?
Umm yes I think so...

Sajin

Hmm...Very nice idea. It would also include their stay at Madra right?

Aile~♥

One would imagine so, considering it's supposed to all the parts of the game that you don't get to play.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

MaxiPower

i remember reading an excellent fan fic based on Golden Sun 0.5 following Saturos and Menardi, i may have it on my hard drive somewere, if any ones intrested.

Sajin

A Golden Sun 0.5 would also be a really great idea now that you mentioned it MaxiPower.
Also, I'm going to google that fanfict by the way, seems interesting.

Rolina

PLAYING Golden Sun 0.5, on the other hand, may not be as fun... an All Mars team?  Eh... doesn't seem very fun...

MaxiPower

Quote from: Sajin on 24, December, 2009, 10:52:56 AM
A Golden Sun 0.5 would also be a really great idea now that you mentioned it MaxiPower.
Also, I'm going to google that fanfict by the way, seems interesting.

Any luck on finding it?

i didnt, just remebered i had to reformat a few weeks back, it may be on my PSP or phone memcard so may hoak them out. near the start of the story theirs a big with Karst and Agaito in Prox with Saturos and Menardi

Drick

Quote from: Role on 28, December, 2009, 11:21:53 AM
PLAYING Golden Sun 0.5, on the other hand, may not be as fun... an All Mars team?  Eh... doesn't seem very fun...

Well, they brought other Proxians with them, but you could just control Saturos and Menardi. Later you would get Felix and Alex, then kidnap Sheba I presume. Dependig how far in the story the 0.5 idea was supposed to go.

Rolina

But that's the thing... Felix and Sheba were level 5 in the game.  Meaning, of course, that they wouldn't be playable.  So you have 2x Mars, 1x Mercury.  I don't see how this would work well at all as a team...

Aile~♥

It would end up being a lot like Fire Emblem, where you keep getting noob characters and you have to be careful not to get them killed or overuse your uber characters. In this case, Felix and Sheba would be your Amelia the Recruit and Ewan the Pupil, while Saturos and Menardi would end up being your Seth the Paladin and Duessel the General.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

First - not a big FE fan.  Dunno the analogies very much.

And so basically they have infinite xp needed to reach level 6?

And you're going to make 6 throwaway characters, while S&M are the only two 'main' ones?  I still hate the idea of an all-mars team, though.

Kazua

Both those ideas sound very interesting.

I would like to see those stories.
And what's wrong with Mars.  They're just awesome.

Ninja Steve

Nothing wrong with it, there's just remarkably little variety there. It would get incredibly boring after awhile.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Rolina

There's nothing wrong with mars, but there IS something wrong with a mono-elemental team.

Salanewt

How about they start with full team of Proxians, but most of them die because of the reaction at Mt. Aleph? That way, Saturos and Menardi are left. You can always throw in Felix, Alex, and Sheba. In fact, Felix and Sheba could be made into strong characters, but they lose their strength when they fall off of Venus Lighthouse and hit the water (SOMETHING bad has to happen to them for falling from that distance).

Still need an extra Mercury, an extra Venus, and Jupiter... How about introducing new playable characters? Near the end, they can end up leaving or getting lost, so they do not stay in the team. This way, at Venus Lighthouse, a script can be activated that only allows Saturos and Menardi to fight, which fits in nicely with the first Golden Sun.

Or, instead of the fillers getting lost or dying, they are on their way down the lighthouse to go to the ship when the Tolbi soldies take them. Simple. yet plausible.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

No, that sounds like crap.

Just don't make it playable, period.

God, what was I smoking back then?

That sounds somewhat decent, but the problem seems to be that it sounds like it'd be a hassle to actually pull off.  So long as you can actually tell the story well, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.  I do worry about the guest characters, though - they may wind up suffering in the same way Eoleo and Himi did, with little time to develop them at all.

besttp

If we could play Isaac to guide him to jupiter lighthouse, i wonder how we get to the jupiter lighthouse aerie. They don't have a Hover Jade