News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

So, what ideas do you have for your personal hack?

Started by Rolina, 05, December, 2009, 04:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Basically, this is exactly what it says on the tin.  Tell us what ideas you have for your hack.

Me?

I'd have told you, but people either ignore me or yell at me for anything I happen to say, so I'll keep it to myself.

Salanewt

Well, hacking Superstar Saga has given me some idea for what to add ot my hack. I can only think of a few things right now, but some of them include using items as well as psynergy to get past obstacles (use the hammer to break the rock, and then use Douse on the hole that was under the rock). I also got my idea of Crests from Superstar Saga.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

For my hack if I can make one, enemy humans will have VERY similar stats to yours... They'll also spam-heal themselves if possible. And have a load of Potions. Basically, they only have about 1000 HP at level 45, but they are very fast, have reasonably high defence, and will spam elemental physicals and healing like there's no tomorrow. They'll also use Djinn, Unleashes and Summons if possible.

All monster skills used by human enemies except one single target skill per enemy will count as Psynergy. That means, for example, no more Rolling Flame spam or Cage spam for Agatio, when his Psynergy is sealed, he'll be stuck with Stun Muscle and basic attacks. While this may seem to make things easier, it's just to up the usefulness of status effects. Also, bosses, especially humans, will have lower Luck. Not low enough for Instant Death, but low enough for Curse, Stun, Poison, and Seal sorts of effects to have a chance of working. Many Psynergies will inflict status effects, meaning that different Psynergies will actually be... Different!

As for equipment, many more... rare and unused effects will not go unused. If Atrius can make a patch so that counter-strike rate works, than some weapons like Light Blades will increase counterstrike rate. Also, some highly expensive Psynergies will give rare effects like extra turns, cloak, etc. Yes, cloak will be available as an effect for Psynergies. On the other hand, it'll cost about 120 PP to give one character cloak. Which also means that Haze will have a total stat deficit of about 120 when you use it.

Which gets me to my next section: Djinn Balancing. Using a Djinni's effect will lower your stats by about as much as the cost of a comparable Psynergy. Something obsenely powerful like Geode? Expect a cost of over 40 to your stats to use it. On the other side of the spectrum, using a djinni like Cannon will only lower your stats by about 8 total.

A new equipment type idea: Badges. These are just Psynergy bestowing items that give very small stat boosts instead. As long as your willing to fill up your inventory, you can have stats as high as you like!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

B-b-but the class weakening from using djinn is already a hefty price for using your djinni's effect.
I'm gonna write (type?) one of my ideas here now, so my post doesn't look like spam.

Psynergy/Summon reflection: when we get an effect editor I'll have reflect do something USEFUL.
It's learned by a Mercury-mage character (Mia) at LV 50 & costs 200PP 'cause ALL active party members
will be affectedby it, it REFLECTS damage from monster special moves(star mine) and magic (Freeze Prism)
ONCE per PC (player character ). And if an attack hits multiple PCs the enemy takes the damage done to EACH character. E.g below.Oh and before i forget,Reflect ALSO reflects HEALING AND STAT BUFFS (ya will end up HELPING the ENEMY)

:VenusDjinni:
  appears

:Mia:
casts reflect

:Isaac: :Garet: :Ivan: :Mia:
  Are protected by reflect

Casts Grand Gaia
:Isaac:250 dmg :Garet:300 dmg :Ivan:400 dmg :Mia:200 dmg
Reflect returns magic dmg

Takes 950 dmg

:VenusDjinni: was defeated

Salanewt

Oh cool. I am planning something similar to your Reflect, except that in my hack, it will be a single target with about 22PP or so. As for Arrow, it will have a special effect on pretty much anything unusual (eg. targets, single eyes statues (reference), and other minor things). Magnet will work in a much similar way that pressing "A" when facing does to get items, but it will also work from far away (it will not work for chests, but it works for most other hidden items). Of course, to fix Magnet in some areas, there will be De-magnetizing barriers. If you pass them, then you will know that Magnet does not affect anything in that area (unless you pass over them again (or other tiles)). Also, some towns will have Magnet disabled.

I will keep the redundant psynergies, like Tremor and Burst, simply because I am changing the names of their related psynergies (Quake > Earthquake > Quake Sphere will become Tremor > Quake > Earthquake). They are obviously not major changes, instead of just reordering and replacing one psynergy. However, their bestowing stones will bestow other psynergies.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Ehic

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 06, December, 2009, 03:10:46 PM
Which gets me to my next section: Djinn Balancing. Using a Djinni's effect will lower your stats by about as much as the cost of a comparable Psynergy. Something obsenely powerful like Geode? Expect a cost of over 40 to your stats to use it. On the other side of the spectrum, using a djinni like Cannon will only lower your stats by about 8 total.
A new equipment type idea: Badges. These are just Psynergy bestowing items that give very small stat boosts instead. As long as your willing to fill up your inventory, you can have stats as high as you like!

To do that would mean equipping Geode for example would give plus 40 raw stats (more like 70 at end game) which is alot while cannon with 1/10 the stats does 1/3 the damage on release (maybe even a half). My point being the only way to take away such high stats is to give that much in first place which makes overpowering djinn even better.

Atrius (He/Him)

How the heck are you supposed to balance the enemies in the game when you can gain/lose several levels worth of stats with a single Djinni?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

I guess that's for him to figure out... Perhaps he'll just make the enemies get a LOT stronger as the game progresses, more or less discouraging the hell out of using djinni.  How about you, Atrius?  What all would you do in yours?