News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

YAY!!! I made a pc game

Started by Tetsuya the Azure Blade, 12, December, 2009, 02:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Umm, I don't know where to post this but me and some other guys(you won't know these doods) made a simple Asteroids style game. It's called Asteroid (how original NOT!!!)well 'nuff said here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5yjujgzjytr
HOPE YOU LIKE IT ^-^

EDIT: Huh? the link doesn't work what the hell is going on here? Maybe I'll try Mediafire.com
EDIT2: The new link WORKS (yay!)

Atrius (He/Him)

Ahh, Game Maker, something I'm very familiar with.  Did you know the GS: TLA Editor is created in Game Maker for the most part?

It's very good for a first game, the ship controls exactly as it should for the most part, and I like the enemy space craft.

There's an error with the sprite origin when your engines are on, and I'd like to see more visual effects when asteroids are destroyed (perhaps add sound effect too)  I'm not sure what you were thinking with what happens when you hit the down button, personally I was expecting the ship to go in reverse, but instead it seems to appear at some other random place on the screen (Sometimes even inside an asteroid, which isn't a very viable location for a space ship to be, so, rather appropriately, it immediately explodes)
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Sorry about the teleport thing I wanted it to be as close to the original Asteroids game, ya know with the hyperspace thing. But wait a sec, the GS: TLA Editor was created in Game Maker, and I thought it was only used for creating games. And also remember that I had to do all this stuff down here:

The main problem was in creating the enemy ufo's in some reasonable way. Two scripts are used for this. A number of variables are used to e.g. remember the direction the spaceship is facing (which need not be the same as the moving direction).  Friction is used to slow down the spaceship. Some standard scripts are used for pausing the game and for initializing the highscore table. Finally, sprite rotation is used to show the spaceship in the correct orientation.