News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. series fan club

Started by Salanewt, 14, December, 2009, 06:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Hello. This is a topic where you can discuss anything about the Super Smash Bros. series, and also kind of like a local fan club.

Some details... My main character is Yoshi (you should have at least expected this from me), but I can also use Peach, Zelda, and sometimes Link, Pikachu, or Meta Knight (these are the other three for Subspace Emmisary). I throw in combos like crazy, so if you ever fight me, good luck. My friend code is in my signature, by the way.

Other things? I own the second two games, and have played the first one before. My best character in all of them has been Yoshi. Thanks to Brawl, I am much better with Yoshi now than I was in the last two games. I also managed to kill Metal Mario in one hit with a simple kick (in the first game).

Now, does anybody else like the Smash Bros. series (I know the answer is "yes", but that doesn't mean that you can't post)?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Insularity

Might as well.

SSB64: Link, Fox
SSBM: Link, Mario
SSBB: Snake, ROB, Marth, Toon Link, Pit, choosing between Diddy, Ice Climbers and Pikachu to learn.
Brawl+: Link, ROB, Pikachu

And I feel like showing off my guide to anyone who might be interested. Quite outdated, though.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/928518/57735

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Salanewt

Oh cool. I was trying to use Diddy, but my friend (Ike, Sonic, and Lucario user) hated him because of his, well, side B. I also use Pikachu sometimes, but definitely not my main character. Other than that, it looks like you have a nice selection.

About deleting posts... The last two GSHC forums would only allow either Global Moderator + Admin or you as a Veteran to delete your posts. However, I do not think that Veteran has been brought over, so... Best to wait for now.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

When I played Melee, I used: Kirby, Falco, Pichu, Fox, Roy.

In Brawl, I use: Pit, Toon Link, Lucario, Kirby, Falco, Fox, Snake, Marth, Ike. I also sometimes play Ganondork Ganondorf.

My most hated characters:

Diddy Kong: He automatically gets all the Dragoon Parts and Smash Balls, due to his insane ability to knock items out of others. He is also insanely fast. I usually just run away and wait for him to kill himself by forcing him into using his triple jump and having him rebound off of walls to his death.

Luigi: Same thing as Diddy with the Dragoon and Smash Balls. His Final Smash usually knocks my Pit out of the sky and to my death, since I like to fly circles around enemies.

R.O.B.: I'm not sure why, but he's just a pain. Oh yeah, it's his spammy DTilt. Even the CPUs will spam his DTilt. And his DAir, which CPUs seem to like to use in combination with a short hop. I find his aerials too slow for me to use effectively and too fast for me to block or dodge.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

I normally just play without items, which takes care of both Luigi and Diddy right away. However, I really like Smash Orbs, especially with Yoshi.

That is a nice selection of characters. It would be nice if you could get Wi-fi working. Yeah, ROB is an odd character. Well, I find that the hardest character for me to fight is Lucario, but only because he can spam Aura Spheres (which break Yoshi's Egg Roll). Also, I have made some stages called "The Torture Huts". I have almost 40 of them I think. Basically, the main trap in the first few is somewhat like this:

|____|
_>_      ||   
||||vvv||

|| = Block,
vvv = spikes,
_>_ = > Conveyor belt.

Of course, I only play here to annoy people, and also to have a little fun with my imagination. I will explain only if asked.

Have a nice day.

Insularity

I'd like to play any of you, but I'm Aussie :P

And my ROB just seems to borrow the playstyles from the other characters I use. He fights in the air like my Marth, uses projectiles like my Toon Link, and pressures just like my Snake.

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Salanewt

And being from Australia is a problem with wi-fi? Oh well.

Yeah, ROB is too slow for me, so I don't use him. If I were to try a slow character, I would most likely use Bowser (but only because of the similar DownB).

I forgot to mention that I also use Koopa sometimes (the nickname I use for Squirtle). I gave Koopa this nickname because of his shell's sound effect when it bounces off of something. Anyway, he has a quick SideB similar to Yoshi, except that it can not be controlled very well (but it is sturdier because it can be attacked like a regular Koopa Shell). I also like his UpB, but I hate his DownB (if I wanted to use one of the other Pokemon, then I would select them (although this does offer a good strategy if one is good with at least two of them)).

Have a nice day.

Insularity

Well, I've just decided to go with IC as my new second, and now I just need to work on my juggling...

ROB's attack speed isn't that bad, though, so you can easily stay in the offence.

And, because I'mm in Australia, the lag will be amazing.

Aile~♥

Using only one of the Pokemon Trainer's pokemon results in much decreased damage output and knockback cause the pokemon gets tired. So you have to switch pokemon sometimes, and give the other one time to recover.

Kain

On the first Smash Bros I used Pikachu a lot because I was a die hard pokemon fan.  I outgrew that thankfully and I now use Mario and Captain Falcon more often.

On Melee I use Mario quite a bit.  Pikachu I still used but not as much, Captain Falcon, Fox and Link I started to like using and then Roy and Marth showed up.  Now not only am I a die hard Fire Emblem fan, but I've used them so much that I have no qualms in stating them as my favorites to use and my best ones to fight with.

On Brawl?  I thankfully got every single character before my system started acting up and stopped reading the disk.  Ike, Metaknight and Snake are my absolute favorites, next to Marth, Fox and surprisingly Sonic who I was partly against having in the game at first.  At this point I started to use Kirby and Link more often and I actually liked using Pokemon Trainer because of his versatility.  Hated Diddy Kong.  Just didn't like using him at all.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Zach

Love the series. For me it was

SSB: Pikachu, Captain Falcon, and Fox
SSBM: Dr. Mario, Marth, Fox, Falco, Pikachu, Mewtwo (my main main), and Captain Falcon
SSBB: Pokemon Trainer (Main), Zelda (secondary), Yoshi (third main now. surprised Salanewt?), and eww...Lucas (4th main). When ever I get tired of those 4, I play around with Ike, R.O.B, Falco, Toon Link, Kirby, and Pikachu.

Charon

Wrong section, guys...

Video Games = tech discussion

Insularity

You know why I'm bumping this topic.

To procrastinate my assignment and to rant.

Because, with IC, I can Fthrow chaingrab every single character, with about an 80% success rate.

Except Meta Knight.

META KNIGHT.

Ninja Steve

I play with Ganondorf. Screw tiers, he's awesome.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Salanewt

Brawl disc not being read? I had a similar problem a while back, so I sent it to a Nintendo Office in Toronto. I had it back after a few days. However, all they did was move my Wii's memory to a new Nintendo Wii (I know this because I was missing a channel, and my Wii was cleaner (the last one was grimy, not my fault though)).

Have a nice day.

Neko-chan

Ahh Super Smash Bros. How I've missed thee. How many years has it been since I sold my Gamecube? My best three was Yoshi, Kirby and Pikachu.
(insert smart remark here)

Salanewt

Oh cool, Yoshi was your best? That is nice to know, since very few people that I have spoken to before actually like using Yoshi on a regular basis. In Melee, I would also use Zelda sometimes, as well as Link/Young Link and Peach (although Peach was rarer than in Brawl).

Lol, I ended up buying my Gamecube at least one year before the Wii came out. Eventually, I got it as well. A few months went by, and then I got Brawl on the day which it was released... Ultimate Yoshi Power!

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Idea for Tetra in Brawl:

She'd be very floaty, but quite flinch-resistant. Despite this, her aerials would be among her best attacks, excluding her specials.

Attacks:
Jab combo: First hit: She does a horizontal backhand slash with her dagger. Would probably do about 2% damage.
Second hit1: She pulls the dagger back across the opponent diagonally, doing 3% damage.
Second hit2: She pulls the dagger back across the opponent horizontally, doing 2% damage. Caused by holding the direction opposite Tetra's facing and pressing A.
Third hit1: Tetra does an upperslash with her dagger, dealing light upwards knockback and about 5% damage.
Third hit2: Tetra wrist-spins her dagger in front of her, dealing 3 hits for 2% damage each. First hit has downwards knockback, second hit has horizontal knockback in the direction Tetra is facing, third hit has horizontal knockback to behind Tetra. All three hits have VERY low base knockback. Hold A to continue as an infinite combo. Pressing up on the control stick causes Tetra to finish with Third hit1.

More to come on this later.

Taunts:

Side Taunt: Tetra spins her blade around, then sheathes it.

Up Taunt: Tetra throws her dagger into the air, then catches it and sheathes it. This taunt has 3 hits for 0-1 damage and minor knockback as the dagger is spinning through the air.

More on this later.

Special Moves:

B: Nayru's Blizzard: An Ice elemental rapid spinning attack, doing 5 hits for a total of about 14% damage. Can freeze opponents and reflect projectiles.

sideB: Din's Inferno: Tetra dashes forward rapidly and strikes for 3 Fire elemental hits for a total of 9% damage (first hit does 2%, second 3%, third 4%). Can be charged by holding B to increase the distance of the dash and the number of hits. Fully charging it deals 10 hits (first 3 do 3% damage each, second 3 do 4% damage each, last 4 do 5% damage each, for a total of 31% damage).

downB: Transform: Transform into Toon Zelda. More on her later.

upB: Farore's Tempest: Tetra jumps, doing spinning slashes with a green trail like a tornado. This attack does 9 hits. Uncharged, it does 9% damage, but is extremely quick. Like, almost Dolphin Slash quick.
Fully charged, it does 27% damage, and creates a strong wind that sucks enemies in.

Final Smash: Cannonfodder: A Wind Waker style dialog box appears at the bottom of the screen saying "Fire the cannons!" as Tetra shouts "Oi!", which as most of us remember is one of the traditional sound effects for when somebody is talking to you in Wind Waker. Then, Tetra's ship appears in the background, but it's been renovated with cannons. If there is water or lava on the stage, then the ship will be sailing (yes that's right, a ship sailing in lava), otherwise the ship will have wings and will be flying. The ship then proceeds to pound to battlefield with cannonfire, basically the same as those annoying bombs on the Pirate Ship stage, but they fire a good deal faster.

Rolina

Ah, so this is how you'd do Toon Zelda, eh?  Well, so long as Tetra has her own moveset and not Shiek's, that'd be pretty good.  I guess you could make Zelda and Toon Zelda have similar movesets, just don't be exact clones - kinda like how Link and Toon link were done.

Aile~♥

I once spiked a CPU Marth at 21% damage using Wisp, which kinda sucked to be him. Granted, it was level 3, but spiking someone at 21% damage using a character whose only spike takes like 3 seconds to charge is pretty good, right?

As for Toon Zelda:

She'd be more flinch-resistant than her older self (due to being outdoors and about more often), but she'd be Toon Link/almost Jigglypuff floaty. Overall, her attacks are faster but less powerful.

Attacks:
Jab Combo: First hit: She slaps the opponent across the face, almost Peach-style. Probably deals only 1% damage.
Second hit: She brings her hand across again for a backhand slap. Probably deals 3% damage.
Third hit: Then she gives em an uppercut to the chin. Not quite so girly now, huh? Probably deals 6% damage, with light upwards knockback. The knockback on this move would be slightly stronger than on Tetra's third hit1 jab.

More on this later.

Throws:
Grab: Unlike her older self, she doesn't use magic when grabbing foes.
Pummel: However, she still blasts them with magic for her pummel.
Dthrow: Did I mention that high heels hurt? I don't have to explain further, do I? Does 11% damage.
Fthrow: She blasts the opponent away using a close-range magic burst (think Force Palm in the Pokemon anime), then follows up with 5 small spheres of magic energy, similar to Mewtwo's Fthrow from Melee, but with more magic and less darkness. Deals 4% on the first hit, and 2% on each energy sphere. Of course, the chances of them all hitting are not great.
Uthrow: She throws the opponent upwards, then releases a burst of energy. Changes elements randomly, between stun (a similar effect to ZSS's Paralyzer), Ice, and Electric.
Bthrow: She whips her opponent around to behind her, turns around, and punches them in the face. Deals 5%, but has insane hitlag, enough that at high percentages you could easily follow up with a smash attack.

Taunts: Down Taunt: Toon Zelda charges up flaming energy in her hands, similar to Lucario's Up Taunt, but not quite as, um, barbaric.

More on this later.

Special Moves:

B: Nayru's Love: Basically the same as Zelda's, but has shorter range, in exchange for being able to freeze targets.

sideB: Din's Fire: Faster, has shorter range but a large Toon-style blast.

upB: Farore's Wind: Shorter teleport length, slower start-up, but cancels momentum during charge-up, and has less endlag. Does more damage than Zelda's, has weaker knockback but sends enemies straight down. Creates a gust of wind on start-up that pulls enemies in, and a gust of wind on landing that blows enemies away.

downB: Transform: We all know what this does.

Final Smash: The Great Sea: She summons a massive storm, complete with tidal waves, rising water levels, tornadoes that blow enemies upwards, and thunderbolts. The tidal waves and thunderbolts inflict damage, as do some larger tornadoes. A single hit from a large tornado does 8% but has insane knockback. Tidal waves spike straight down and do 20% in one hit. Thunderbolts stun targets and do 22% damage.