News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. series fan club

Started by Salanewt, 14, December, 2009, 06:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

QuoteWolf Form

Sounds like a good idea, but it was only used in the one game (whereas Ganon has been in more games than Ganondorf, but not in that form, and the Triforce has been in pretty much every non-Toon Link Zelda game, aside from Majora's Mask). In fact, Ganondorf should have been able to use his sword...

QuoteYes, Toon Link is a clone. No, he shouldn't be a clone, but he is. I mean, why doesn't he call in his steamboat from Phantom Hourglass for his FS, or summon a massive windstorm with the Ballad of Gales?

On that note, they should have kept Mario's old downB, and FLUDD should have been upB. Rocket Nozzle and Hover Nozzle anyone?

1: That would be pretty neat.

2: I dislike FLUDD. Besides, it caused them to change Mario's moveset. At least I can still use a similar move that deals almost the same amount of damage.

3: Cool video leaf.

4:

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Luigisuperstar

Quote from: Salanewt on 16, August, 2010, 02:49:22 PM
2: I dislike FLUDD. Besides, it caused them to change Mario's moveset. At least I can still use a similar move that deals almost the same amount of damage.
Well they most likely changed that so that they can give Mario and Luigi a different feel when playing as them.

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 16, August, 2010, 02:55:05 AM
And what about the part where Roy was a MARTH CLONE, and the part where Ike isn't. Granted, in my opinion, they should have replaced Roy with Ephraim from Sacred Stones rather than Ike. Because Ephraim's weapon, Siegmund, is fire-based as well, and because it'd be something other than a sword.

I think they choose Ike because he's the latest one while Marth's the first one in fire emblem series. either way A lance user in smash bros. would be cool.
Dood.

leaf

Quote from: vladu on 17, August, 2010, 06:09:57 AM
Hey guys,
does anybody remember me? I did not find any topics to reply at the weeks before but finally I found this topic about Super Smash Bros. series. Well, you were talking about clones like Toon Link or Lucas, didn't you? I think those "clones" are no clones because they have not the same but only similar moves. Toon Link's moves for example does effect the enemy different than Link's moves. The smash to the left or right from Toon Link does paralyze you with the first blow and the second will strike you away.
I do not think anybody agrees with me but i don't mind.
By the way: my main character in Brawl is Toon Link, my second is Zelda (although Zelda was my first main a year ago but Toon Link has his boomerang...), and my third is Captain Falcon or Ness I think. Actually I could play every character in brawl.
Most competitive players share your viewpoint on "clones." Most clones play very differently from each other, which is what matters.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 17, August, 2010, 08:50:34 PM
Quote from: vladu on 17, August, 2010, 06:09:57 AM
Hey guys,
does anybody remember me? I did not find any topics to reply at the weeks before but finally I found this topic about Super Smash Bros. series. Well, you were talking about clones like Toon Link or Lucas, didn't you? I think those "clones" are no clones because they have not the same but only similar moves. Toon Link's moves for example does effect the enemy different than Link's moves. The smash to the left or right from Toon Link does paralyze you with the first blow and the second will strike you away.
I do not think anybody agrees with me but i don't mind.
By the way: my main character in Brawl is Toon Link, my second is Zelda (although Zelda was my first main a year ago but Toon Link has his boomerang...), and my third is Captain Falcon or Ness I think. Actually I could play every character in brawl.
Most competitive players share your viewpoint on "clones." Most clones play very differently from each other, which is what matters.
Agreed - those minor differences truly make all the difference. The fact that Roy fell like a brick back in Melee makes me have a lot more difficulty using him.

Luigisuperstar

anyone want to wi-fi battle? I'll post my friend code after.
Dood.

leaf

Meh why not.

2449-4328-2244

We can probably play sometime tomorrow night.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Shinigami

Just wondering... what do people consider to be an Ike-n00b? I've been playing Ike for ages now and just wanted to know.<---As in, when do people think that you're no longer an Ike-n00b, not what the term actually means. :medal:

[Main characters= Ike, ZS Samus, Zelda/Mario]
:FalconPunch:

I just beat LV.9 Captain Falcon with white Marth!!!
:FalconPunch:<Marth
So nanoka~

leaf

An ike noob is an ike player... that is also a noob. Surprise, right?

If you're celebrating over beating a cpu, you probably still count.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Salanewt

Leaf has a point about his whole post. Level 9s tend to be really easy, even on normal stages. A team of three level 9s against you would probably be a feasible excuse for a celebration, provided you do not create a Torture Hut stage to kill them more easily first. Either that, or a successful run of Boss Battle/All Star mode on Very Hard or higher. Hard is nice, but not as fun.

As for Ike, he is a decent character. However, I am almost always able to beat people who use Ike.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Shinigami

I was just saying about beating a Lv.9 Captain Falcon due to the previous posts about how Marth was easily mockable, not because I think that it's an actual achievement...
I've played SmashBros.Brawl long enough to know that Lv.9 Computers are easy to beat.
So nanoka~

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that makes more sense now. Still, with the amount of... pictures that I have taken, pretty much every character can be mocked easily. DK, Ivysaur, and Peach are three that come to mind.

Aile~♥

Marth is amazing against human players, but he sucks against CPUs. Why? Because they read your button inputs, and because they never attack when a human would in their approach. Or when they do, its whenever you're not prepared for it. When playing Marth against a CPU, and they make a jump to get towards you, the result is either: You try to punish them with Forward Smash, and they launch an aerial that just so happens to be ever-so-slightly faster than your FSmash the instant you press the button; or you Counter to prepare for the attack that they would have launched if you'd used FSmash, only they don't use it, and then hit you the exact frame your Counter wears off. Or, you could try a short-hop FAir, but they'll just airdodge and punish with USmash.

Also: Ike Noobs
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 27, February, 2011, 07:34:09 PM
Marth is amazing against human players, but he sucks against CPUs. Why? Because they read your button inputs, and because they never attack when a human would in their approach. Or when they do, its whenever you're not prepared for it. When playing Marth against a CPU, and they make a jump to get towards you, the result is either: You try to punish them with Forward Smash, and they launch an aerial that just so happens to be ever-so-slightly faster than your FSmash the instant you press the button; or you Counter to prepare for the attack that they would have launched if you'd used FSmash, only they don't use it, and then hit you the exact frame your Counter wears off. Or, you could try a short-hop FAir, but they'll just airdodge and punish with USmash.
Eff I know. And the higher their level the more they predict your moves. It's funny to watch a CPU Marth Up-B out of nowhere though.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I forgot about their ability to predict your moves. On the positive side, the lighter gravity is amazing when using certain characters.

Arch-Dullahan

Although marth is a rather usefull character at some times (down-special and side-special mainly) I think tht his final smash is far to easy to dodge...

leaf

Marth's downB is too easy to punish. You shouldn't be using it more than once every couple games. It can work as a surprise tactic occasionally, but if you spam it, you'll just get baited and get punished against anyone with half a brain. It's much more practical to shield and retaliate out of shield than it is to counter something. Likewise, while in the air, you're usually better off trying to airdodge through their attack to get down to the ground. Counter is better in the air than on the ground, if only because your options in the air are more limited, but it still isn't something to rely on too much.

If anything, I'd say marth depends on sideB and fair for punishing and spacing. SideB is excellent for punishing, coming out frame 4 (just barely slower than most character's jabs; marth's jab comes out frame 7) and scoring good damage if it connects to the end. (Note: A frame is 1/60th of a second.) Even better, each hit of sideB counts toward the stale moves queue, so two full uses of the move means wiping out 8/10 slots of the stale move queue, almost completely refreshing all your other moves, bringing their damage and kill power back up. When marth is zoning, he'll usually be doing empty short hops, so he can threaten with the huge range of a fair, without actually having to commit to it (since it's punishable if he whiffs). Dtilt is a good poke, fairly safe. I believe marth also has some grab release shenanigans against a good portion of the cast, but I'm not that familiar with brawl, so I might be wrong. UpB is a surprisingly good move; it's invulnerable frames 1-5, and hits frame 5, so if your opponent leaves even a one frame gap (and is close enough to be hit by upB), you can upB them practically for free. UpB out of shield is one of his best punishes, but you have to make sure you hit your opponent, since if you whiff, you're stuck in the air for an awfully long time while you come back down, during which time they will undoubtedly punish you. If this move is fresh, it will also kill excellently. Refreshing upB and fair/uair is one of the most important uses for sideB. Tipped fair and uair are both great for killing with marth, and can also be used to juggle and frame trap the opponent; marth can do either two fairs or a fair followed by a uair in a single short hop. This may seem like a good zoning trick, but it's actually fairly punishable, so you only wanna do it when you can hit them with the rising fair. Tipped fsmash is a good early kill move, but it's fairly unsafe, so you have to be careful when throwing it out. Usmash is a fairly good kill move in brawl (horrible in melee, though lol), but like most of marth's kill moves, it's unsafe if you're not careful with it. Usmash is good for catching people out of the air or out of a techroll while on a platform above you (although uair does this, as well). Dsmash is his fastest kill move (frame 6 - a mere 1/10th of a second), but it's horribly unsafe on whiff or block - he can't move again until frame 63, almost a full second after the first hit frame. By comparison, most tilts have total animation lengths in the 20s-30s and most smashes are in the 40s to early 50s, and have more startup (so their endlag is even less), and even those moves are fairly easy to punish. To make matters worse, dsmash can be difficult to space for the tip, so most people don't bother with it. Another way marth can get kills is via footstool -> dair, or tipped bairs/nairs. Really, marth has more kill moves than most of the rest of the cast. Most of his game comes down to zoning with fairs, punishing with sideB/fair/upB, and then waiting till the opponent gets to a high enough percent for one of his kill moves to finish them, and landing that kill move.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Marin (She/Her)

I love Super Smash Bros. C= I have been a fan ever since the N64 version. Have all three games. Only really play Brawl now though. I never have enough people to play with unfortunately. I have favorite characters that I'm better with but I usually switch it up a lot.

My mains
SSB64
Yoshi

SSBMelee
Yoshi
Roy

SSBBrawl
Peach
Yoshi
Ganon

dwkjohn

Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Marin (She/Her)

Thanks! It's all fun and games until you wind up in mah tummy.
Then the fun /really/ starts. >=3

Rolina

Quote from: ChaoticMarin on 27, May, 2011, 08:59:40 PM
Thanks! It's all fun and games until you wind up in mah tummy.
Then the fun /really/ starts. >=3
I see no Kirby in your list.  Your claim is a lie!