News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. series fan club

Started by Salanewt, 14, December, 2009, 06:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaf

Er... nvm. I got it. I was inputting it wrong.

edit: Room up.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

leaf

@#$% smash balls. That is all.

edit: I'll gladly keep playing if you turn the bastard things off.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Marin (She/Her)

I'm pretty tough, huh?~ :heart:
You had a surprisingly good DK. c:

Edit: Er.. maybe next time. I've unplugged my Wii and settled into bed and something tells me you're getting kind of frustrated. I think it's time for a break man.

leaf

Yeah, GGs.

I don't mind losing. It's just those damn smash balls that piss me off so much. Completely interrupt the flow of the fight, turning it into a race to grab the smash ball, and when someone does get it, it's basically an instant kill (assuming you actually know what the move does... which I obviously did not with MK).

On DK, thanks. He was one of my mains when I still played brawl. I'm fairly good with spacing bairs with characters in general, so generally whether or not I can play a brawl character comes down to whether or not their bair is any good. I think GAW is the only character that I play in melee/project m that I can actually play in brawl decently... and it's pretty much solely because of that lol

[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Marin (She/Her)

To be fair, Meta Knight's Final Smash just sucks really badly.Yoshi's final smash is a thousand times better. Meta Knight's can't even KO a foe if they don't have significant damage (Or aren't increda-light)

Meanwhile Yoshi's is practically a garauntee'd KO assuming the user is competent.

leaf

Probably true, but smash balls just make me rage in general. Especially when my opponent is good enough to offer me a challenge without them. I usually put up with them when I'm facing someone worse than me, since I figure the added random element acts as a bit of a handicap and gives them more of a chance to win. But it just pisses me off immensely when I'm trying to actually play the game, and those things start to interfere. I similarly hate warioware;  constantly going into the minigames becomes a huge frustration when trying to fight. It's one of my favorite levels when frozen, however.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Marin (She/Her)

I don't really care for smash balls anyway. Didn't realize they were apparently on when I was playing.

Of course, I hate stages with no dynamic elements, like Final Destination and Battlefield. :sad:

They never punish people who just tunnel vision and get locked into their best static strategy. That and Final Destination is so overused that everyone is /used/ to that stage and plays better due to comfort.

leaf

Ah, so that's why you kept picking delfino. I like delfino (and actually threw it on random after a few matches), but generally prefer the simpler stages. I'm actually not a huge fan of FD, and prefer having platforms to play with. There's a lot more interesting stuff you can do with platforms than you can do without them. Personally, I don't see much difference between having the stage change midway through a match and simply playing a new match on another stage, except for the amount of time you spend on a given stage layout.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Marin (She/Her)

I have a death grudge against FD. No dynamic elements whatsoever, badly designed edges that screw with some characters' third jump occasionally, and 70% of the Brawl community doesn't know how to play on any other stage. >_<; That's why I ended the match right at the beginning that one time we got on FD. I think I was Marth and god knows Marth is one of those characters prone to getting screwed by the edges.

leaf

FD has been called the "least neutral neutral stage." Some characters get a huge advantage on that level, while others... don't.

I'm pretty sure I was GAW that match, and he gets screwed by the ledges as well, afaik. Although with brawl's autosweetspot mechanic making recovery so easy, I never really found it a problem with anyone.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Marin (She/Her)

I find those edges to be stupid no matter who is getting screwed by them. I'd rather get KOs myself, rather than rely on some stupid stage gimp >.>;

Salanewt

I know that it has been a while since someone last posted in this topic, but I have wi-fi now! Because this, I was wondering if anyone would like to have a match or two with me? My friend code is 3308-4556-9868 if anyone is interested.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I like using Pit, Link, Marth, and Samus most in Brawl, whenever I get the chance to play, as I don't have a Wii.

Kide

64: Samus, Fox.

Melee: Samus, Fox, Falco.

Brawl: Never played, probably would be Samus, Fox, Falco (don't even know if he's in there).

Aile~♥

Falco is in Brawl. So is Wolf, for that matter. Falco's playstyle has been changed significantly, though. His sideB now spikes enemies, downB is actually more an offensive move, as he kicks his reflector in front of him, rather than just holding it. It can hit through walls, but it does make it harder to use as a shield. He also has a new forward smash, new forward air attack, and new neutral air attack.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Kide

Oh, I would really like to try that.... sigh

Kai Hong

My brother (who owns our copy of SSBB) has banned us from using Falco, because he got beaten by someone using Falco once. My favourite characters to use are Snake, because he can do all sorts of useful tricks, Pit, who can fly and shoot from a distance, and Link, who is a pretty good all-rounder. I find Kirby's final smash so annoying, though.
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

As for Final Smashes, I like Link's, Pit's, Marth's, Mario's, and I like Bowser's, Samus', Ganondorf's, Wolf's and Snake's.

Oh, and Yoshi's and Red's.

Charon

Pit's annoys me because its really lame, and rarely results in kills, unless you're lucky. Although, Pit's isn't nearly as lame as Marth's...

Pit can fly but he's pretty much useless while doing it. I only find it useful to help recover (obviously) and occasionally taunt opponents. You should preferably break your flight early though because falling down suuuucks, and Pit falls fairly slowly. Pit also has this really annoying feature that he only has 2 really useful kill moves, one for ground (side) and air (bair). Bair is ninja-quick but requires getting used to and feels easy to spam, while side is a two hit attack; if you hit with the first hit but not the second there's like no knockback.

His shield is lulz though :D

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 16, December, 2011, 08:04:38 PM
Pit's annoys me because its really lame, and rarely results in kills, unless you're lucky. Although, Pit's isn't nearly as lame as Marth's...

Pit can fly but he's pretty much useless while doing it. I only find it useful to help recover (obviously) and occasionally taunt opponents. You should preferably break your flight early though because falling down suuuucks, and Pit falls fairly slowly. Pit also has this really annoying feature that he only has 2 really useful kill moves, one for ground (side) and air (bair). Bair is ninja-quick but requires getting used to and feels easy to spam, while side is a two hit attack; if you hit with the first hit but not the second there's like no knockback.
Yeah, I like Pit's FS, but only barely, but even Marth's isn't as useless as Peach's. Peach's is crap.