News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. series fan club

Started by Salanewt, 14, December, 2009, 06:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

I dislike playing Peach in general. She just feels too weird... I play a lot of Ike these days. He's hilariously fun.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Link is fun to use aswell, that's how it is. I play Wolf and Cap. Falcon alot. FAAAAAAAALCOOOOOON PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH.

Aile~♥

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 16, December, 2011, 08:04:38 PM
Pit's annoys me because its really lame, and rarely results in kills, unless you're lucky. Although, Pit's isn't nearly as lame as Marth's...

Pit can fly but he's pretty much useless while doing it. I only find it useful to help recover (obviously) and occasionally taunt opponents. You should preferably break your flight early though because falling down suuuucks, and Pit falls fairly slowly. Pit also has this really annoying feature that he only has 2 really useful kill moves, one for ground (side) and air (bair). Bair is ninja-quick but requires getting used to and feels easy to spam, while side is a two hit attack; if you hit with the first hit but not the second there's like no knockback.

His shield is lulz though :D

Marth's is badace, simply cause it's HOLY CRAP FAST. And why doesn't Falco get an Arwing? He should just have Slippy warp in an arwing, then go around spamming barrel rolls, lasers, and bombs at people.

And Pit's dash attack is a good KO move too, if you're opponent is at 140+ to 170+ damage, depending on the stage. His glide attack is his strongest KO move, if you can land it. It's notoriously difficult.

Press down on the control stick while falling to speed up your fall. It helps, a lot.

My friend just spams Link's side smash and bow. And he doesn't know the timing on Link's double jump, so he fails at platforming. Also, he spams Zero Suit Samus's down smash. Just: downsmashdownsmashdownsmashdownsmashdownsmashSIDESMASH. I can't help but think that he really ought to use sideB instead. Has higher KO power.

And Peach's final smash is SUPER cheap! It hits the whole stage, and it zooms the camera in on her so you can't tell what's going on, AND it provides more free healing than Kirby's does! That said, I hate playing as Peach. She feels weird.

Pit's FS is fail because it can be shielded. Unlike EVERYONE else's. Even Yoshi's.

Ganondorf: SideB ALL THE THINGS. SideB -> Dtilt -> downB, or SideB -> down smash. Works wonders. lol, one time my friend (same friend who always spams as Link) kept rolling backwards to his feet instead of forward, so I just spammed sideB -> downB on him all day, then KOd him with side smash.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

in Melee my best character would be Link.

I had never used link much if at all when I first got the game. I would use fox, Samus, Kirby, Bowser, and Pikichu.
but nothing would ever stand out. I even went to a tournament and used fox, it came down to me and one other guy in the first match, he had one life, i had 2. I dashed off the edge... re-spawned... dashed off the edge right away.
later I find out that kid won the whole thing... and he was a pushover... after that stupid thing I stopped playing for a little while.
About one year later, a bit before brawl I jumped on it again and tried out Link. suddenly insane level 9's that I could never hope to beat became wimps. and with him I could do just about any challenge in the game. The moves were perfect and i could combo just about anyone.

I even had a friend who I played with, he used yoshi, and he would never die and I could never beat him. you could call him a master of yoshi. I faced him as Link and he lost the first match. I was so happy.

Then brawl came out... I still haven't bought it... I played it over at a friend's house, picked link, links moves were slower, less fluid, jumps were short, and his knock-back and attack was nerfed. I was so mad, my best character had been killed. haven't played brawl since.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx