News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

What did you guys get for Christmas, Kwanza, Hanakuh (spelt wrong?), etc.

Started by Zach, 25, December, 2009, 09:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

I got a PS3 (got all 3 systems now) and some games for it. What about you guys?

Ninja Steve

- A black sweatshirt
- A Christmas CD
- gift cards for the local bookstore

Looks lame on the surface, but my birthday is soon, so everything's going more or less according to plan.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Zach

I see, well if that were me, I would've tried to take advantage of both opportunities  :happy:

Charon

Considering the fact that my parents did not follow my path of conversion to the Reform Jewish faith, I still celebrate something that resembles a non-religious Christmas... AND I GOT
-actually decent lining pens (surprisingly great present)
-DSi
-Scribblenauts :D
-Clothing o.o
-A GIANT PENGUIN PLUSHIE
-best of all, money! (heh, far better than those gift cards to Ambercombie xD)

Zach

Cool. Since I forgot that everyone doesn't celebrate Christmas, I'm going to edit the title

Atrius (He/Him)

Scribblenauts is amazingly entertaining.

- New digital camera
- Zelda: Twilight Princess (It's amazing I still didn't own this yet) & Spirit Tracks
- Snow Board
- Clothing
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

It is - I love how it recognizes "semiautomatic rifle" XD and don`t feel shocked over Twilight Princess- I love LoZ but I`ve only played like 2-3 games o.o

What`s the parental urge to give people clothes? It`s like everyone gets them :x

leaf

It actually recognizes "druid" iirc.

Got a bunch of DS games (legacy of Ys, mario and luigi bowser's inside story, valkyrie profile convent plume, avalon code, and LoZ spirit tracks), some clothes, and an adapter to play music from my MP3 player through my car's radio.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Spent about 110 of the 140 dollars I had - most expensive thing was a book, lol

Rolina

A new set of lefthanded golfclubs (papa)
Some golf balls (mama)
Some golf tees (sister)
The Thirteenth Floor (littlest bro - best gift award)
A two dollar bag of Doritos, price thingy still attached (little bro - worst gift award.  Will never receive a christmas gift from me EVER again, after all the thought I put into his gift. >_>)

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Your little bro GAVE YOU A BAG OF DORITOS FOR CHRISTMAS!?
Well I got:

XBOX 360 (mama - SWEET!)
Four XBOX 360 games (I bought them myself)
A new TV (papa - BEST xmas gift EVER)
And a CAN OF SODA (little bro - WORST xmas gift EVER. He's NEVER getting ANYTHING from me next year after I GAVE HIM MY COPY OF DYNASTY WARRIORS 1 AND HE SOLD IT FOR FIVE BUCKS*growls loudly*)

Rolina

Wow, your little bro sucks just as bad as mine.  That's a single can, right?  Aren't those like 50 cents?

Charon

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 28, December, 2009, 04:12:02 PM
Wow, your little bro sucks just as bad as mine.  That's a single can, right?  Aren't those like 50 cents?
Yes, that's EXACTLY how much he paid for it. 50 cents AND how much did HIS gift cost? Well I was still living in the UK(26 MAR 2004 til 23(yay! I moved on my b'day!)(And I'm moving AGAIN on FEB 5 2010 to Japan) NOV 2009) when I first bought Dynsaty Warriors1 and it costed me TWENTY [insert bad word here]ING POUNDS! His gift to me was A LOAD OF CARP in comparison. Oh and for anyone who wants to know what soda I recieved from my moron of a brother, It was a COKE... -_-

Rolina

Well, you've gotta keep in mind... that's DW1 we're talking about.  If it were like, five to ten years from now, then yeah, that'd be a really great gift.  But no kid likes a hand-me-down.  ESPECIALLY one for an outdated console.  As far as he's concerned, that can of coke makes you even.

Kain

Tekken 6 on 360 for a stocking stuffer.  Then my mom bought me a pure black guitar.  Taking lessons soon.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Zach

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 28, December, 2009, 11:49:55 PM
Tekken 6 on 360 for a stocking stuffer.  Then my mom bought me a pure black guitar.  Taking lessons soon.
Cool, which kind? Electric? Bass? Lead?

Kain

I'm Johnny Cash.  Just kidding.  It's acoustic.  I hope I can get an electric or lead soon.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Charon

I personally prefer the feel and sound of the acoustic over the electric - I mean, you can play an acoustic anywhere without having to have something pump up the volume so others can hear it for you.

Ninja Steve

I prefer to play an unplugged Electric Bass guitar... it's my brother's, so I can only play it when I'm at home, but it's worth it.

I find the game-as-stocking stuffer amusing, as my family is poor enough that games are generally the most expensive thing we get. (Aside from Little Bro #2's DS Lite, I suppose.)
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Zach

You know what's funny? I have NEVER hung a stocking EVER in my life

Atrius (He/Him)

I hung mine from a door nob this year.  There really wasn't a better place for it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Corvidae on 29, December, 2009, 12:39:24 PM
I personally prefer the feel and sound of the acoustic over the electric - I mean, you can play an acoustic anywhere without having to have something pump up the volume so others can hear it for you.

hmm i have an electro-acoustic for that sorta thing, to bad i cant play it lol,

Charon

Menaus

Quote from: Zach on 25, December, 2009, 09:16:43 PM
I got a PS3 (got all 3 systems now) and some games for it. What about you guys?
I got a PS3 too, along with TES: Oblivion GOTY
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla