News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Title Screen Hack, also Hello

Started by VanishMantle, 15, December, 2011, 12:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanishMantle

Hello everyone here at GSH. I am new to the site though I have known about it for some time. Anyway I will get right to the point. I was wondering if there was anyway to edit the title screen because I just finished the first version of my difficulty mod [spoiler] http://www.insanedifficulty.com/index.php/Golden%20Sun%20Fallen%20Star/home [/spoiler] and I would like to add the version number to the title screen so when people patch it they will know which version they are running. I also wanted to pass my thanks to Atrius for his wonderful tool as well.

Kai Hong

I've got to say, I'm impressed. I'm afraid I can't help you with the title screen, but for the version number, I think you could replace the credits in the loading screen, where it mentions Nintendo, Camelot, etc. with 'Version X'.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

VanishMantle

Kai, wow... how did I not think of doing that. I'll look into that now actually and I am honored by your words. If you decide to play it please let me know on the forum over there.

Kai Hong

Ah...Just checked the text editor, and I couldn't find the credits...and i thought I'd finally be of some use on this site...sorry. It looks like it doesn't use the characters like the rest of the text, it just seems to be that map. If you know anything about editing the maps - but I guess that's what your first question was about. Sorry.  :sad:
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

VanishMantle

Actually Kai your suggestion got me to look at the game's text. I couldn't find it but i did however change the little save message so the text reads like this now:

Fallen Star... (Saving...)
Playing Version 1. 0. 0. 0. (Your game was saved.)

The parentheses is what I changed the text from. If that makes any sense. All good though as I was unsure on how to alert the player that they are indeed playing my mod/patch.

Kai Hong

Crystal Sonata

If you don't want to edit the save thing, you could always put a blank, unmovable, unchangable, item in the inventory of the default character with the version info.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

VanishMantle

Quote from: FrozenBlade on 22, December, 2011, 08:19:23 AM
If you don't want to edit the save thing, you could always put a blank, unmovable, unchangable, item in the inventory of the default character with the version info.

I thought of doing that but since that eats up an inventory slot i switched to the save thing which works more or less.

Atrius (He/Him)

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time here!

Title screen, Hmm?  Unfortunately they're compressed, I can give you the addresses though.

Nintendo logo: 0x086A6A20
TLA logo on black background: 0x086A8AB4
TLA logo with mountains & tower in bg: 0x08684990
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

VanishMantle

Quote from: Atrius on 30, December, 2011, 08:56:35 PM
Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time here!

Title screen, Hmm?  Unfortunately they're compressed, I can give you the addresses though.

Nintendo logo: 0x086A6A20
TLA logo on black background: 0x086A8AB4
TLA logo with mountains & tower in bg: 0x08684990

Thanks for the info. I'll look into them to see if I can't work anything out. What i currently have in place is a temp fix. Also thanks for your amazing tool! It would have taken me much longer to learn how to hack this game without it.

I would like to host my mod/project here who would i need to speak to?

Atrius (He/Him)

We have a downloads section where you can upload it (Look for the button on the links bar at the top), and you're more than welcome to post a topic about it.  Just make sure you're aware of the #1 rule when uploading your project.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Griever

Oh Welcome to the forum. Be active and have fun ^_^ (Well considering you have a hack ... that shouldn't be an issue right?)

I am actually playing your mod >_< of course I did my own changes but the original is really something >_< I got owned by the first Mars djinn three times !!!!!!

VanishMantle

Quote from: Griever on 02, January, 2012, 12:20:05 AM
Oh Welcome to the forum. Be active and have fun ^_^ (Well considering you have a hack ... that shouldn't be an issue right?)

I am actually playing your mod >_< of course I did my own changes but the original is really something >_< I got owned by the first Mars djinn three times !!!!!!

Thanks! My main goal was keep the game as vanilla as possible while adding somethings to it as well. I am working on an update that will probably try people's patience. Once i get that finished i will happily post it here for people to download.

@ Atrius: I remember that rule as it is the same rule on the site I started this project on. I don't think there will be an issues with that and again thanks for the amazing tool!

zman9000

wow this sounds interesting. vanilla with added stuff... like if you could find a use for some of the field Psynergy's that are unused. or change some text or add some extra secrets. I like the idea of this, simple yet interesting. well some things will be harder then others. but yeah if and when you finish your hack I'll play it. Good luck!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx