Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 19, 2017, 12:25:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokémon!  (Read 60996 times)
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 05:31:48 AM »

Might as well start with the expansion pack then.  Grab Platinum when you're able.

View Profile WWW
Zach
That guy that lives down the street
Mercury Clan

You ain't worth the time

Coins: 0

I am: Not sure about what to do with myself <.<

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 05:43:04 AM »

Hehe ^-^", I kinda don't have a DS T-T"
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 06:02:53 AM »

...If you don't have a DS/i, how do you expect to play GSDS?  You have half a year to get one.  Fail, and face erasure.

View Profile WWW
Zach
Mercury Clan

You ain't worth the time

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 06:13:02 AM »

I will get one eventually...
View Profile
Sajin
The one who stole your Gold
Venus Clan

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

Ah, Pokemon... A great serie up untill Gold & Silver, after those they just went overboard with pokemon... In a couple of years how many there will be? 700? 1000? They should had just focus on making evolutions for those that already exist...

Either way, my favourites are Sandslash (RBY), Espeon and Typhlosion (GSC), Kecleon (RSE) and for the last games (altough I haven't played them yet) Leafeon or Weavile.

Hehe ^-^", I kinda don't have a DS T-T"

Neither do I... GSDS is enough reason for me to buy a DS. Well, and also SoulSilver tough...
View Profile
Zach
Mercury Clan

You ain't worth the time

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »

And HeartGold ( even though they could've came up with better names for both games <.<)
View Profile
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »

I agree... HeartGold and SoulSilver are maybe the worst game titles I've seen/heard of... Perhaps the "expansion" game will be called BrainCrystal? xD that would be hilarious.
View Profile
Zach
Mercury Clan

You ain't worth the time

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 02:12:28 PM »

Both hilarious and brain damaging at the same time o.O
View Profile
Sajin
Venus Clan

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »

...What? >_>  Question
But serisously now, have you seen a worst game title than HG/SS? Remakes seem to have a useless prefix (FireRed/LeafGreen and HG/SS)...
View Profile
Ninja Steve
Chaotic Evil Monk
Mercury Clan

Gee, it sure is BORING around here... *stab*

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »

I don't think they're terrible titles... goofy, maybe, but not terrible.

My teams were, are, and always will be based on what I like, as opposed to any strategic value. Which is why every single team from Ruby on includes a Blaziken, a Gardevoir, and a Raichu.

roses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team
View Profile
Tetsuya the Azure Blade
The Shadow Fang
Luna Clan

Kick your @#$, that's what I'm gonna do.

Great Member

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 04:25:50 PM »

Uhh how is it that "normal" people (read: Dumb, Boring and Lame people like the people who can't and don't wanna hack games) hate the Pokemon games? Is it because theirs is associated with a kiddish anime(but I kinda likes it and me's thinkings that Dawn is cute) or are theys just too damn scaredy to go near such pure awesomeness?
Anyways, My teams WERE ALWAYS maded of a mixture of Dark and Ghost types(such is my nature I s'pose)
if you wanna know. But I don't play anymore 'cause my GBA are broked and my DS was stoled, Aww T-T
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »

I agree... HeartGold and SoulSilver are maybe the worst game titles I've seen/heard of... Perhaps the "expansion" game will be called BrainCrystal? xD that would be hilarious.
Re-releases do not have expansion packs.  Case in point:  There is no Electric Yellow version.

@Normal people and pokemon games:  Pokemon, like most videogames, is seen as 'kids stuff' and childish.  As such, it's "cool" not to be into "stupid children's games".  Basically, GAMERS know pokemon's good.  NON-GAMERS are to stupid to understand that.  Let them go ahead and mock it.  We all know that they're the ones acting childish, though.  Yay for the hypocrisy of morons...

View Profile WWW
Zach
Mercury Clan

You ain't worth the time

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 09:16:03 PM »

Uhh how is it that "normal" people (read: Dumb, Boring and Lame people like the people who can't and don't wanna hack games) hate the Pokemon games? Is it because theirs is associated with a kiddish anime(but I kinda likes it and me's thinkings that Dawn is cute) or are theys just too damn scaredy to go near such pure awesomeness?

I can tell that was directed at me since I said I lost interest so lemme stop you there. #1: I only said I lost interest in it, I didn't say that I hated it. #2: When HG/SS come, I will start playing again. #3: While that holds mostly truth to it, not every "normal" person hates Pokemon. <.<
View Profile
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 09:41:39 PM »

Insul: I like your style. =p

Oh, and what's your bro's sn on marr? I may know him.

THIS is the kind of thing that makes me hate legendaries.  There's really no logic behind it, other than a personal grudge.  Nothing to get defensive about.  Just a me thing.

By the way, you've not said what your team was.
Well, I'm not gonna try to convince you otherwise. I just look at legendaries like regular pokemon that just so happen to only be encounterable once and can't breed. It's not so different from the sudowoodo encounter in GSC, or snorlax encounter in numerous games, with the only difference being those pokemon have a gender.

And you mentioned having to theme your team and work strategy into it... why not go the other way around? Make a team with strategy and then work the theme into it? It's what I generally do after I've played with a team a bit.

As for my team... right. Forgot about that. I'll just c/p one of my old netbattle teams here. Oh, and if anyone here doesn't get where the nicks come from, you fail. Hard.

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Thor
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 124 HP / 96 Def / 152 Spd / 136 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers ** Charon
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Pain Split
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Celebi @ Leftovers ** Cybele
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 148 Def / 8 Spd / 56 SAtk / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Perish Song
- Psychic
- Recover

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers ** Ulysses
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Def / 136 SAtk / 48 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Now that I think about it I probably should've named this one Coatlicue... oh well. That would be more appropriate on a wisher, anyway. Which is what this used to be, actually (when celebi had heal bell instead of perish song). I've changed this team more times than I can count, and I'm still not sure which variant I liked best.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers ** Procne
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Whirlwind

Claydol @ Leftovers ** Daedalus
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

In summary: Stall stall stall stall stall~
I have other teams, too, that do more than just outlast the opponent. This team just happens to have very good consistency, with only about 2 or 3 uncommon pokemon actually giving it real trouble, and a couple common pokemon that I need to play around.

For the games, I've mostly used teams of anywhere between 2 and 4 pokemon, filling in the remains with HM slaves. From what I can remember, I've used teams of typhlosion/ampharos (team WHY IS YOUR LEVEL SO HIGH?), charizard/jolteon/lapras/alakazam (team lolspecial), sceptile/flygon/altaria/pelliper (team no weak-OH FRICK WALLACE HAS ICE BEAM), and torterra/staraptor/alakazam (team never finished the game). Oh, and metagross/flygon/ludicolo (team lolbattletower), as well as metagross/latios/snorlax (team lolbattlefrontier).

Yeah, I actually never finished diamond because I got bored with it >_>

Quote from: Role
...If you don't have a DS/i, how do you expect to play GSDS?  You have half a year to get one.  Fail, and face erasure.
TIME FOR A TASTE TEST!

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 02:55:07 AM »

Leaf- He's known as Asphyxia.

And that naming thing is SO hard.

About HG and SS- Hmm... I can't think of any better name for it.

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of Kraden
Asians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden Sunrise
Banned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
November 16, 2017, 09:44:44 AM
Fox: Very quiet month.
November 11, 2017, 04:16:27 AM
tino_animate: Hello everyone. Ive just recently replayed Golden sun and TLA. I got really inspired and I'm interested in creating a prequel of Golden Sun. Unfurtunatly i know bery little on how to do it bit im willing to learn how. I need a few people to help me. I'm sure we can create a very well story based on what we know of the games. Anyone interested?
October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
October 16, 2017, 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
October 16, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
October 16, 2017, 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise