News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kide

I thought when Jamie said "transfer data" what would be transferred would be... data, only. If you transferred the pokemon themselves they would be unavailable to you until you got'em back. Personally, I think this would be very annoying, in the case you wanted to use them for anything other than in-game gameplay (battles, trades, etc.).

Durza

Well, a different player character has been confirmed. The game starts in the southwest of the region in a previously inaccessible city, and it seems likely that there'll be eight new gyms to fight through, with the original eight as post-league content.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Aile~♥

So, what does everyone think of Pokémon X and Y so far? What's your favourite starter? (Mine's Chespin! I hope it gets Pin Missile and Rollout, heh.) Which of the legendaries do you prefer? (Yveltal is awesome!)

Personally, I'm liking the part where the MC gets roller skates. They're probably replacing the bike with them, because the bike would be a pain to animate in 3D, what with all the turn angles and stuff.

Moves used in the trailer (from what I can tell):
SolarBeam and Night Slash used by Chespin.
Probably either Ember or Flamethrower, then something that's either Confusion or Psywave, used by Fennekin.
Water Gun and what looks like maybe Close Combat used by Froakie.
Aura Sphere used by Mienfoo.
Inferno used by Litwick. (Burn, Psyduck, BURN!!!)
Wish used by Audino.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

It looked like Cross Chop and maybe Faint Attack to me, rather than Night Slash and Close Combat...

Aile~♥

Can't be Cross Chop. It was attacking a Golurk. So unless Chespin has Scrappy as its ability, Cross Chop is right out. The other move used by Froakie could be Faint Attack, though. I was just sort of guessing it would probably be a Fighting-type move, is all.

Rolina

Ah, I hadn't even thought of that...

Aile~♥

'Course, it could also be Aerial Ace, except that Aerial Ace is two slashes in opposite directions, the first of which is a feint and doesn't actually connect, and the slashes probably wouldn't be dark purple if that were the case. Also, the background in Aerial Ace also contains bands of green, blue, and yellow, which weren't shown in the trailer.

Rolina

You would know its Gen VI animation... how, exactly?

Aile~♥

I don't. I'm just guessing. Just like I was guessing that the move might also be Night Slash or Shadow Claw.

Rolina

But the other two you have a means of guessing - aerial ace has no such thing.  Many animations change quite a lot between games, such a Fly - it looks like a flying bird in Gen IV, but just some derpy dropping orb in Gen V.  I'm just saying that it may look different than in past games, and not to use them too much as a gauge.

mecurylighthouse

true the move animations do change alot. But another thing to remember, this is trailer footage it was most certainlly a beta of the game, explaining why a golurk could be hurt by fight types i.e they didnt fix that yet. I would like it if the starters had a sort of reverse triangle  with the secondary types chespin would be the dark type and froakie the fight with fenniken phsycic but it seems unlikely then agian move types dont always match the pokemon so it could be the moves they used will be learned through tm's.
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

Aile~♥

Night Slash looks significantly different from Gen IV to Gen V as well. Aerial Ace, however, has been roughly the same since Gen IV, with the exception of the background added in Black 2 and White 2 for the sake of associating it with Braviary.

Rolina

Also, because this is a new Gen, there's always the chance that they rebalance the types.  Remember Gen I → Gen II?  There's always the chance that some types get tweaked, and new ones may show up.

Durza

If they rebalance the types, Ice resisting something besides Ice would be nice. Also, my favourite is Fennekin, though I do have a weakness for canine pokemon.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Aile~♥

I've heard strange rumours about them introducing a new type. They haven't done that since Gen II, though, so I'm a little iffy on that.

mecurylighthouse

if they are going to add new types my bet is on sound types chatot, jigglypuff, whismur vibrava, there might be more icant remember should be changed, heck theres already the soundproof ability and sound based moves(sing, sonic boom)
also if you think about the two legendarys Yvern(not actuall name just going to call it that until one is given) is obviously dark or ghost and the gem things on Xcaliber(same here) kind of glow making me think light type is anpouther possibility
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

Rolina

But they also have Fang type and Punch type moves, and abilities that boost those respective move types.  I think that those aren't really types, but rather attack styles.

Aile~♥

On an unrelated note, Zap Cannon should be a TM again, along with DynamicPunch and Inferno. I also think that Hydro Pump and Hurricane should be TMs. Also, many of the Gen V TMs need to be learned by more Pokémon, especially the more finickity ones like Struggle Bug or Frost Breath. Struggle Bug in particular is basically useless because it's learned only by Pokémon who get STAB from it and/or aren't any good for tanking anyway. And really, who wants to be taking up their STAB slot with a 30 base power attack?

Rolina

I hear you there.  Who knows, though - they may buff it.  They did so with Tackle, after all.  Of course, that made Cut useless...

Silverpine

Cut 'Cut' out. Please. It has to go. Sorry that I can't contribute much to the moves discussion. I just work with what I got. I'm semi-competitive, by the way.

Anywho, I'm excited for the new games. I'm probably going to get X, but my boyfriend wants to team up with me, so... I need to coordinate with him on what game to get. Chespin is my starter of choice. It looks like it has a hat, AND it's the first grass starter that isn't based off of a reptile. That's just... special to me.  :heart: