News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaf

The 3 monkeys... see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil? Maybe.

The bull and the dragon with the axe on its head are both awesome.

I also like the way there's another pika clone now >_>

gen 1: pikachu/raichu
gen 2: pichu
Then bring in the clones!
gen 3: plusle/minun
gen 4: pachirisu
gen 5: emonga
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

HEY!

Batsquirrel >>>>> Pikachu.

Salanewt

And they are all either rodents or lagomorphs (first with rat/mouse, then rabbits, and then moving on to squirrels). Things could get interesting with all of them.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

We now have our new Gen 5 version of the Electrode Ambush: Yamagetake. I mean, seriously, it's a mushroom with A FRICKIN' POKEBALL HEAD!

Also, am I the only one who thinks Dangoro (the little one-eyed rock thingy) is kinda cute?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

I think it looks like a stone fireplace or something. It even has the little "pipe" to release smoke, and the hole is where you place logs. It is fine, but I personally prefer the tarantula thing.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

No, it doesn't have a hole where you place logs, it has a STONE EYE. GEEZ!

I do, however, think that Dangoro is probably going to end up as the new Geodude. However, at least it isn't Ground type, so it's all good. (don't have the usual "useless electric types" gig going on anymore. It also means it's not double-weak to Grass and Water.)

Charon

Nothing replaces Geodude for the generic Pokemon that you stumble upon on many roads that exists solely to annoy anyone passerby. Just like Zubat. Nothing replaces Zubat.

leaf

ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 16, September, 2010, 01:57:02 PM
ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
...not that I was saying it was a good thing.

Salanewt

They have appeared in almost every game it seems (and man, I would always find it so annoying when one would come up). "But I just killed you," I would whisper silently, before my partner would kill them once again.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Has anyone else taken another look at that page? Some of them actually look worthwhile now (but I still think that most of the new legendaries are jokes). I also have to agree that most of the bird Pokemon do have better designs, and they make up for most of the horror that is generation 5. We have our new Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee combo, a new Tadpole to Frog combo, and a legendary fighting trio. By the way, we have Kremlings now. I guess King K. Rool decided to order his minions into this game... Oh yeah, Vaati's baby evolves (and has a stranger body than its parent did). As for the fireplace, I think it replaces Nosepass.

Edit 2: I forgot another thing. Has anyone ever played Oracle of Ages? Well, we get to have a Tokay now!

Edit 3: Last edit before I wait for a new post, but I just realized something... Axem Red Jr.!!!

Hoopa

... there's an...ice cream pokemon...?
I like most of the new pokemon but... some are just weird...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Aile~♥

Assuming the stage 2 starter evolutions shown are real, we're about to end up with our first (I think it's the first, anyway) Water/Fighting combo!

Salanewt

Poliwrath was a Water/Fighting Pokemon.

Also, I think we do get an ice cream. We also get a candle that evolves into a lamp, and then a chandelier.

I dislike most of the new ones, but I love the birds and the electric tarantula. I also like the similarities that some of them share to other creations published by Nintendo. I mean, the one guy looks like a relative of Axem Red, from Super Mario RPG (and it evolves). It has a red head, red hands, and red legs/feet. To replace the axe and spike on his head, he now has a little blade. To top it all off, his torso is grey... Just like the rest of the Axem Rangers. No snout though (but I guess the Pokemon Company wanted to avoid lawsuits with Square Enix or something).

Also, we get a Tokay relative (virtually the same from stomach up for the first form, even the spacing of the eyes on the very similar head), some Kremlings, and a relative to Vaati (eye on a ball with bat-like wings). We already knew about Boddles, but I can see so many other similarities that are not as obvious.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

It's probably a shout out to super sentai, just like the Axem Rangers were.

Edit:  THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE AXEM RED!  Also:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

ALL THE NEW POKES.  For those who haven't seen it yet.

EDIT2:  LULZ, IT'S TRUE!  Japan can turn ANYTHING into a cute girl, even a musical note! (See:#648 - Meloia)

Edit3:  my thoughts, in general:

Psychics do suck this gen - I'll stick with my Elegant Gardevoir over the Goth Loli clone, thank-you-very-much.

I like many of them - like the kickass gator. Earthquake spiral... That sounds like a BRUTAL ability... wonder what it does? And WOW, the rock dood is slow. 25 base speed at tier 3? WOW. Its other stats are NICE, though. But that one construction fighter and the flaming monkey... 140 base attack for a NON-LEGEND MON? DAYUM!

@Legends: WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THE SPRITE RECOLORS? Well, okay, sure, they're not technically pre recolors, but they're DAMN close - this is as close as you get without actually just making a recolor. WTF, NINTENDO?

Agreed with what was said earlier: Legends suck, Psychics suck,

Also: [radio edit] YEAH YORKIES! Totally gonna get one in honor of my mom's dog.

Pigeon looks like it's decent! Not quite Starraptor in terms of win, but I definitely think it'll do well in-game.

Doreida > Roserade. Way cuter, I'm totally getting one.

DARK/FIGHTING? What is this, I'm intrigued... Interesting combo, a shame it's a defensive type, though.

Archeopteryx? FREAKING. WIN. Look at that attack stat! It SCREAMS sweeper! The Weak-kneed ability worries me, though...

HA HA HA! A GARBAGE BAG MON? TOTAL MUCK EXPY, and it's HILARIOUS! Kinda meh-ish statwise, though.

Goth Loli Ralts: Is it just me, or is that Torchic and Ralts' bastard baby that's trying to do the whole goth/emo thing out of rebellion? Just sayin'... Apparently it's a pervert, too, with that ability...

Batsquirrel is cute and awesome, but other than its speed it sucks...

Are the Pokeshrooms going to blow up on us?

Pururiru: TENTACOOL EXPY GET! Interesting type combo, though...

Mamanbou: lulz, it's luvdisc, but not made of fail. REALLY healthy, though.

Fortress expy GET!

Until we get more Plus and Minus ability mons, the Gears are still kinda gimmicky to me. I mean, it's not like you'll actually be using Plusle and Minun, so you'd need two opposing gears... They aren't bad, though. Get another mon in there in a later gen, and BAM, that's a powerful combo.

It's official: I'm getting the Chandelier mon. It's puuuurdy. Love the type combo, too. I rarely have those types. Also, the stats? HELL YES. May actually drop Pandora for this dood... NAAAAAAH. I'll just pair it as the Special part of Prometheus' team

Got it: Get Mold Breaker for the Dragon. Rivalry sucks.

A Polar Bear. With an ICE BEARD. THIS GEN IS AWESOME.

Lulz, Agirudaa totally has a "don't [radio edit] with me" expression. XD It's got decent stats to back it up, too...

General attacker DARK/DRAGON type? Ooooh, shiny... er, not really, but you get the jist.

Anywho: FINALLY! Decent dragons without a 4x weakness to [radio edit]ING ICE! TOOK LONG ENOUGH!

Kain

There are five that immediately caught my eye, however the rest just seem ridiculous to me.  Then again, there's only so many monsters you can make compared to real life objects or animals, but come on...Pokeshrooms?  >.<

I'm definitely taking the water starter.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Charon

Every single bird in this game wants me to get this game now. Being the ornithologist freak that I am, I cannot resist. The birds call for me!

((the vulture is actually more sweet than Wargle imho. But still, why the lack for a white dove? It's so obvious >_>)

[spoiler=birds]Honestly, if I were able to put in as many birds as I wanted, this would seriously be my list of bird Pokemon:
-Red Winged Blackbird (gender changes – males black with red shoulders, females brown)
-Hairy Woodpecker
-Keel-Billed Toucan
-Eucalyptus Parrots (Males green, females red)
-Kingfisher (SERIOUSLY WHY HAVEN'T THEY HAD A KINGFISHER >_>)
-Count Raggiana Bird of Paradise
-Turkey (another one that is kinda obvious)
-Ring Necked Pheasant
-Grouse
-Booby/Gannet
-Anhinga (Some people say that Fearow is like an Anhinga but that's crap; Fearow is almost completely terrestrial, while the Anhinga relies on water to feed) also cormorant
-Cassowary
-Titmouse/Cardinal
-Robin
-Green Jay
-Tern
-Sandpiper/Plover (another no brainer)
...ect.[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Role: Not exactly like Axem Red, but the basic similarities that I listed are present (the only thing that is missing is the snout in his helmet (oh-the axe as well)). As for the alligator, it does look pretty cool (but I say "Mutant Kremling" and send in DK).

Charon: That is a nice list of birds. I have a few more that I would want to add myself.

[spoiler=birds]
Chickadee (preferably Black Capped)
Flamingo (could be interesting)
Peregine Falcon
Cardinal
Canary
White Breasted Nuthatch
Indigo Bunting (male blue, female crimson instead of brown)
Bluejay
Emu/Ostrich (one or the other, or to have them as a Gorebyss vs. Huntail sort of thing)
Condor
[/spoiler]

And for fish, I would have a Betta. It could be water/fighting type. I almost see it like Quilfish though, unlikely to evolve in its own generation.

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

I got Pokemon Black...

Were i got it isnt important but meh, im uploading gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs8g7CCnusM

:)

Salanewt

Cool. Anyway, I will not ask how you got it, but I think the Japanese version of the game was released recently, right? That is all.

Also, I wonder what the shiny Tokay looks like? I will have to take a look, but it will be really cool if it is green.

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

The games out tomarrow in Japan, this footage for your eyes one day before the world :)

in my hands one day before the world

Its a sick sick world