News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drick

Hahaha, yeah. But it's perfectly fine for single player. I just need to do some training...

Anyway, time for a change of topic. Who else is interested in the dream world? It seems like it will be an amusing little gimmik. Too bad it was delayed by that whole disaster in Japan... I hope for the best for those people influenced but this is not the thread to discuss that.

goldensunmaster97

i just got pokemon white and its AWESOME

i started with tepig and it turned ugly though
jenna is my faverite charactor ever

Drick

For anyone who cares the Pokemon Global Link/Dream World is now online!

Aile~♥

I just owned some random trainer at a Triple Battle on Wi-fi yesterday (first Wi-fi match ever!). The guy had a shiny Event Haxorus, shiny Salamence, shiny Emboar, Milotic, Vanilluxe, and one more who I don't remember at the moment, one of which was in a Master Ball for some odd reason. I took him down with Bisharp, Golurk, Lapras, Blastoise, Zoroark, and Mienshao. It was an interesting battle, though I won with three Pokémon still standing. His Haxorus was lucky enough to dodge my Telekinesis/Guillotine combo, and my attempt at a Telekinesis/Sheer Cold on Milotic was interrupted with a lucky paralysis from Salamence's Dragon Breath. On the plus side, I got a lucky shot on that same Milotic with Sheer Cold later in the fight. His Milotic probably would have gotten me if I hadn't, too. Darn thing was using a dangerous Aqua Ring/Leftovers combo.

Salamence's Intimidate + Bisharp's Defiant = half-team sweep with critical hit Night Slashes. This is a formula you should remember. And it could've been worse: my Bisharp could've been holding a Razor Claw instead of Leftovers.

On an unrelated note: Victini + Zen Headbutt + Razor Fang = kickass
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Durza

I've always found Bisharp too risky to use considering the high numbers of Fighting types that tend to be used. Then again, I use a Weavile...
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Aile~♥

Actually, I was wrong: It wasn't a three-Pokémon sweep. It was only two critical Night Slashes in a row. Bisharp's first KO was an Iron Head to the guy's Vanilluxe (which was in a Master Ball, and which also started the fight with an Ice Gem'd Ice Beam... On Bisharp, when Golurk was right next to it. Go figure). And I was wrong about a second point, as well: It wasn't event Haxorus, that was just a regular shiny. It was his Hydreigon that was an Event shiny. So yeah. He had four shinies.

Yeah, Fighting Types are common, so I was kinda lucky that three of this guy's Pokémon were uber dragons, and that he didn't have Emboar pwn me with Superpower or Flare Blitz or somesuch. Instead, Bisharp got three kills with Iron Head and Night Slash, and it was only by luck that she didn't get a fourth kill with Telekinesis + Guillotine, and that Lapras didn't get a Telekinesis + Sheer Cold combo off as well.

Actually, looking at the guy's battle strategy, he's a moron.

Also, if anyone with Wi-fi wants to watch a battle video of it, the video number is 58-25016-70200

Rolina

Have y'all seen Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition?

Two words.

Pokemon.  TRPG.

It's finally here, folks.  A Pokemon Tactical RPG.  I... I can die happy now.

After I play it, of course.

Aile~♥

That's awesome. I only hope it comes out in North America.

Also, I think a Tales of/Pokemon crossover would be cool as well, in terms of fighting style.

Dewott: Tsia *slash* Tsia *slash* To! *slash* Fury Cutter! *slicesliceslicesliceslicesliceSLICE!* Razor Shell! *SLASH*

Durza

That looks magnificent. I hope it comes out in Europe so I can have some Umbreon related escapades.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Misery

Fat chance of ever seeing that in Europe, I guess. But then again, it's pokémon. It shouldn't be impossible.
There's a bunch of DS games I really want that I'd have to import, but I never get around to do so since I'm not supposed to have enough time to play them...

@playing with OHKO moves allowed: lol

Aile~♥

Hey, it's random wireless. It's not like I can just disallow OHKO moves. Besides, they're a legitimate strategy! And I only started using them after 5th gen rolled around with Telekinesis, which increases accuracy for moves aimed at the target by 56.25% for 3 turns.

Kide

QuoteThere's a bunch of DS games I really want that I'd have to import, but I never get around to do so since I'm not supposed to have enough time to play them...
Not only DS games but... well, everything. And if someone doesn't have much time to play, they shouldn't be playing a TRPG. Because oh boy, those are VERY time consuming.
And if time was the only issue here maybe I wouldn't be typing this right now.

@OHKO moves: ... I think they are ok. They don't seem to be too harmful (or whatever would be the correct word). And there are obviously better strategies, so... yeah.

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 27, January, 2012, 11:54:54 AM
Dewott: Tsia *slash* Tsia *slash* To! *slash* Fury Cutter! *slicesliceslicesliceslicesliceSLICE!* Razor Shell! *SLASH*
What?  That's not what would happen!

Dewott: De *slash* De *slash* Wott! *slash* Dewott De! *slicesliceslicesliceslicesliceSLICE!* De Dewott! *SLASH*

There, fixed it for you.  Still, I agree, a Tales of Pokemon would be fun as hell.

Aile~♥

Actually, you're partially right, though in Pokémon-centric games like Mystery Dungeon the Pokémon are almost always perfectly understandable.

So it'd sound more like:

Dewott: Wott *slash* wott *slash* De~ew! *slash slash* Fury Cutter dededeDEW! *sliceslicesliceslicesliceSLICE!* Razor Shell! *slash!*

Also, I think Victini should be in the next Smash Bros. I can already think of a general playstyle for it, which involves making use of U-turn and Flame Charge to be everywhere at once, as well as Inferno to create a slow-moving projectile that functions a bit like a wall or a mine. Its Final Smash is obvious: V-create.

Durza

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 27, January, 2012, 06:09:14 PM
Hey, it's random wireless. It's not like I can just disallow OHKO moves. Besides, they're a legitimate strategy! And I only started using them after 5th gen rolled around with Telekinesis, which increases accuracy for moves aimed at the target by 56.25% for 3 turns.
But why not just battle in doubles with a No Guard Machamp as your second if you're using OHKOs?

Aile~♥

Because... I don't know. Because I'm a noob, really. And because I completely forgot about No Guard. And I don't play competitively. For example, I don't EV train. At all. The closest thing to EV training I'd ever bother doing is getting my hands on a large number of EV-boosting items, then counting them out appropriately. I'm just too lazy to memorize which Pokémon I want to beat up and how many of them.

Durza

Aye, I only started EV training after a friend tore my team apart. And when I thought that the Battle Tower wasn't cheating its way to victory...

Aile~♥

We already knew the Battle Tower cheated. They score far more critical hits than they have any right to, and also always perfectly predict your moves, etc.

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 29, January, 2012, 02:58:44 AM
Actually, you're partially right, though in Pokémon-centric games like Mystery Dungeon the Pokémon are almost always perfectly understandable.

So it'd sound more like:

Dewott: Wott *slash* wott *slash* De~ew! *slash slash* Fury Cutter dededeDEW! *sliceslicesliceslicesliceSLICE!* Razor Shell! *slash!*

Also, I think Victini should be in the next Smash Bros. I can already think of a general playstyle for it, which involves making use of U-turn and Flame Charge to be everywhere at once, as well as Inferno to create a slow-moving projectile that functions a bit like a wall or a mine. Its Final Smash is obvious: V-create.
That's because in those games, you ARE a pokemon.  I suppose if it was done like that it could work, but... It just wouldn't feel right. :/

Kide

@Jamie: if you think you're too lazy to EV train, then you probably don't breed for IVs as well, right? Because THAT was painful. *shivers*

And, IMO, EV training is the easiest part when training a poke, simply because you have total control over it. And it might be faster than you think, considering all those new items they've been including. And keeping track of EVs is not really that hard, there are many many ways to do it effectively.

Well, I think you'll get the hang of it over time. I mean, if you'd be willing to do it, of course.