News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Yeah. But I also didn't encounter reset for IVs, either. Which I should've, since my Victini and Zekrom have only "average" IVs. Victini, however, has noticeable good IVs in Attack. It was a full 30 points higher than its Special Attack and defences at level 65, and it has a neutral nature.

But you know what they did which is bloody stupid? Apparently in Black & White, the EV-reducing berries don't work anymore. They also removed the functionality of the glass flutes. Yeah, well screw you too, GAMEFREAK!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

From what I hear, because of the negative reactions, they're gonna be bringing that back next gen.

Durza

Why not just bring them back in this gen's remakes? Hoenn is where the glass flutes and berries were introduced.

Quote from: Kide on 31, January, 2012, 09:34:26 PM
@Jamie: if you think you're too lazy to EV train, then you probably don't breed for IVs as well, right? Because THAT was painful. *shivers
And then you finally get someone with good IVs and they just have to have a hindering nature, don't they? Three Adamant Deinos in a row!
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

You say that like it's a given, yet we haven't heard anything about it... Still, I'd love to play Hoenn again.  I liked that one.  Hoenn with Gen V mechanics, and hopefully Emerald's extra content plus more...

Aile~♥

Well, apparently there's actual news regarding that. Something about a twitter post...

Hoenn with Gen V mechanics would be great. I mean, I never did really get into Pokemon before the Gen IV Physical/Special split. I think they honestly need to rerelease every game in the series pre-gen IV, including the Orre ones, after that drastic change in mechanics.

And hopefully we get the Acro Bike and Mach Bike again. I hated them for getting rid of the Acro Bike...

Durza

I hated them for not letting you transfer 2nd gen pokémon forward. Though the Acro bike was very fun.

@Role, I'm just saying it's likely based on past evidence, though I'm not sure whether it'd be Ruby and Sapphire or Emerald and a 1st gen game. Hopefully you'll get to have them out and walking with you whatever they do.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

They kind of didn't have a choice, Durza.  The hardware was incomparable.  That's like saying you hated the fact that you couldn't play Sonic CD on the Game Gear.  It doesn't work that way.

Aile~♥

I hope it's Emerald. Second most epic story climax in the whole series.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 01, February, 2012, 04:48:27 PM
I hope it's Emerald. Second most epic story climax in the whole series.
And the epicest (that's a word now) story climax is B&W's. (First pokemon game to have an actual PLOT! Yayz~)

Aile~♥

Actually, I think I like Platinum better, simply because of the Distortion World. (Though, the name Torn World is better.) Riding sideways on an upside-down waterfall coming off of a pool of water on the ceiling = epic! And actually, Black and White is the third game in the series to have a plot. The first two were Emerald and Platinum. And the major problem with Black and White's plot is that you don't run into Team Plasma enough. Like, N's all "I am king of Team Plasma" at Nimbasa, then you don't really run into them at Driftveil, and they're completely absent in Mistralton.

Durza

I hatched all of my 4th gen eggs in the Distortion World, just so I could run sideways again. I was kind of disappointed that you didn't get to go through the whole thing again though.

If/When they make the third 5th gen game, it'll likely have more Plasma involvement.

Kide

Quote from: Durza on 01, February, 2012, 08:05:53 AM
And then you finally get someone with good IVs and they just have to have a hindering nature, don't they? Three Adamant Deinos in a row!
This is true. Although... if it was me, and if I saw they were Adamant, I wouldn't even bother to check IVs. I mean, you first check nature and ability, and if those are cool, go for the pain.

But that doesn't mean what you said is wrong. It happens quite frequently, especially with pokes you get without breeding.

@Acro bike: I personally didn't like it. I think it was more that I didn't like changing bikes. And between Acro and Mach... yeah, I take the faster one. Plus, hopping on those things was kinda annoying.

Aile~♥

I agree that having to change bikes was annoying. But those bike-platforming sections were awesome! There weren't nearly enough of them.

Durza

Quote from: Kide on 02, February, 2012, 11:15:22 PM
Quote from: Durza on 01, February, 2012, 08:05:53 AM
This is true. Although... if it was me, and if I saw they were Adamant, I wouldn't even bother to check IVs. I mean, you first check nature and ability, and if those are cool, go for the pain.
I only knew they had good IVs because I'd given the father a choice lens. I was trying to get one with Dark Pulse at the same time, so it was a Seviper. Which is pretty creepy.

There weren't really that many places you needed the Mach bike though were there? All I remember is not seeming to have the Acro when I needed it to jump.

Charon

The mach bike was used for those little sand-pile things, there's quite a few of them spread throughout the game. I generally prefered the Mach bike just because of its speed, and used the Acro if I needed something, but then switched back.

Lol in retrospect its kind of funny how a bike company lets you switch between two completely different bikes whenever you want... lol

As much as I would like a Ruby/Sapphire remake, I'm a bit skeptical since technically you CAN transfer Pokemon from Gen III through Gen IV to finally Gen V. They might not do it for this reason (which makes me sad!)

Durza

But by the time HG/SS came out, it was possible to have all of the 2nd generation mons as well. Just very difficult. And they're phasing out the GBA slot as well, so people who have those new-fangled DSis and 3DSes won't be able to transfer them.

Rolina

Not so fast, bucko!

They may very well be able to... IF they have the games for Virtual Console.  Gen 6 may very well have a transfer feature that brings things from your virtual console games over into the games!

Durza

Darn. Now I'll just have to rely on the desire of a large company to make money in order to get my 3rd gen remakes...

Awec

The thought occurs that a remake of a remake would be stupid, yet Kanto is still by far the most popular region... Maybe this time they're making a Yellow remake? Perhaps an expanded yellow remake; Yellow was meant to follow the anime's plot more than RBG and the idea of a Pokemon game that properly followed the anime plot seems to be quite popular. It would also explain why they're so insistent they aren't making Pokemon Grey, if they're working on something larger scale.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

I hate to be that gal, but... I really don't want a Kanto remake.  I'm not that big of a fan of the original 150.