News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Um, no?  TMs were single use, HM were not - they were infinite.  The reason you couldn't unlearn them was to make sure the player couldn't get stuck by using a field move, replacing it with something else, save, restart, and now you're stuck and can't get out and have to start over.

Aile~♥

That wouldn't get you stuck, though, unless the Pokémon somehow lost the ability to re-learn the HM. Turns out that HMs aren't single-use in Gen I as I had thought, however.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

mickbrown

I stopped watching the anime near the beginning of Sinnoh.

Thunder-squall

I hear that the anime got a major boost in quality since the latest 3DS game.

RagnarokEmissary

I stopped watching the Pokemon anime after Hoenn.

And the last Pokemon game I played was Platinum.

Yeah.

Thunder-squall

I stopped watching when Johto(?) started, and the *only* Pokemon game I played was Diamond.

I do not get the appeal.

Salanewt

[spoiler=Pokemon Grass Starter]CUTE OWL BUTLER, AAAH![/spoiler]

So yeah, what does everyone think of the new starters?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

dive_darkness

Look at attachments.

Luna_blade

I recently started playing a hack of PKMN White 2.
I haven't looked at Sun and Moon. That is also unlikely to happen in the future.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

BANANA - We know your cute self is hiding in that attachment. Come out you silly you. Don't be shy! :D

[spoiler][/spoiler] Is this the one? No wait. he might be tricking me and disguising himself again... (This was found randomly after searching "grass starter pokemon"...)

[Picture of the REAL one goes here? - Is it Rowlet?][spoiler][/spoiler]

Honestly... I didn't know there was a such thing as Pokemon Sun/Moon until I read your (Luna_Blade's) post. But it's no surprise since I don't really see myself as much of a Pokemon fan. (Sorry.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

Quote from: Fox on 12, May, 2016, 03:29:02 AM
BANANA - We know your cute self is hiding in that attachment. Come out you silly you. Don't be shy! :D
You didn´t address me here,  I suppose?
Kind of coincidence, because that pokemon is my favourite.
[Picture of the REAL one goes here? - Is it Rowlet?]
Honestly... I didn't know there was a such thing as Pokemon Sun/Moon until I read your (Luna_Blade's) post. But it's no surprise since I don't really see myself as much of a Pokemon fan. (Sorry.)
There is a Pokemon hack called Golden Sun.
No sorry there I think. This is a GS forum after all.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

dive_darkness

[spoiler][/spoiler] Is this the one? No wait. he might be tricking me and disguising himself again... (This was found randomly after searching "grass starter pokemon"...)

Nope nope nope.
My prefered is pokemon gold indeed. But I never took the grass Pokemon. Never. Always water or fire.

Rolina

Quote from: Luna_blade on 12, May, 2016, 04:36:57 AM
You didn´t address me here,  I suppose?
Kind of coincidence, because that pokemon is my favourite.
[Picture of the REAL one goes here? - Is it Rowlet?]
There is a Pokemon hack called Golden Sun.
No sorry there I think. This is a GS forum after all.

I certainly hope you're talking about Charon's Pokemon Jupiter Version hack instead of GS proper.  All of GS' comparisons to mons games have been completely unfounded to me, since Djinn act more like equipment than they do mons.  Too much of a mechanical disconnect there, to say nothing of the significantly different place they have in the story.

Salanewt

Yeah, Rowlet is adorable. I'm totally going to choose it as my starter of its evolutions hold up, which would pretty much break my tradition of always choosing the water starter and getting the others later.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

[You didn´t address me here,  I suppose?]

That was talking about dive's attachment.

[No sorry there I think. This is a GS forum after all.]

That is okay. (If I wanted Pokemon, I could have simply looked to say... Pokecommunity, or something similar.)

[But I never took the grass Pokemon. Never. Always water or fire.]

Okay... But the point/joke was that Rowlet is small.... and took a liking to you. :P (Or something like that.)

[Kind of coincidence, because that pokemon is my favourite.]

Unless maybe.... maybe Luna_Blade took him, dressed him up... and then he went off wandering away. :D  Silly thought....
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Aile~♥

Yeah Rowlet's pretty great. Personally I hope its final evolution has a top hat, a monocle, and a cane that it wields like a bo staff to beat the stuffing out of foes like a true gentleman.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Luna_blade

Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Rolina

Oh.  That's much less clever of a reference.  You should look up what Charon did - it's pretty nifty.

@Jupiter: Speaking of, I probably should look it up again.  One thing I remember about it right now, is that there was some (enemy character?) named Rachel... which I guess was a reference to herself. (Forgot if she, in the game, was Jupiter based?)

I might also remember an intro sequence? Probably should check to make sure. ( If there's a long mountainous area, then I should remember... *Looks up* Yeah, it's mountainous. :) )

(It wouldn't surprise me if it was year 2009 that I heard about that hack?? - Seems the project was there in 2008, so it is possible.)

Ivan is the main character? Sort of forgot about that, but now it sounds very familiar.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

[spoiler]it genuinely makes me pissed that the gaming press is bitching about pikipek's leaked evolution:

do you idiots not realize that toucans and woodpeckers are in the same biological order of birds and that toucans evolved from woodpeckers

I'm not feeling it with the midstage evolution but tbh I don't know how I would design that either lol

its not a bad design it just means you're stupid and ken sugimori knows more about biology than you do
[/spoiler]

I love all the birds in Sun/Moon this time, appreciate that there's 3 this time instead of just 2 like last gen lol.