News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Pokémon!

Started by Ninja Steve, 02, January, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

And HeartGold ( even though they could've came up with better names for both games <.<)

Sajin

I agree... HeartGold and SoulSilver are maybe the worst game titles I've seen/heard of... Perhaps the "expansion" game will be called BrainCrystal? xD that would be hilarious.

Zach

Both hilarious and brain damaging at the same time o.O

Sajin

...What? >_>  :?:
But serisously now, have you seen a worst game title than HG/SS? Remakes seem to have a useless prefix (FireRed/LeafGreen and HG/SS)...

Ninja Steve

I don't think they're terrible titles... goofy, maybe, but not terrible.

My teams were, are, and always will be based on what I like, as opposed to any strategic value. Which is why every single team from Ruby on includes a Blaziken, a Gardevoir, and a Raichu.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Uhh how is it that "normal" people (read: Dumb, Boring and Lame people like the people who can't and don't wanna hack games) hate the Pokemon games? Is it because theirs is associated with a kiddish anime(but I kinda likes it and me's thinkings that Dawn is cute) or are theys just too damn scaredy to go near such pure awesomeness?
Anyways, My teams WERE ALWAYS maded of a mixture of Dark and Ghost types(such is my nature I s'pose)
if you wanna know. But I don't play anymore 'cause my GBA are broked and my DS was stoled, Aww T-T

Rolina

Quote from: Sajin on 03, January, 2010, 09:10:35 AM
I agree... HeartGold and SoulSilver are maybe the worst game titles I've seen/heard of... Perhaps the "expansion" game will be called BrainCrystal? xD that would be hilarious.
Re-releases do not have expansion packs.  Case in point:  There is no Electric Yellow version.

@Normal people and pokemon games:  Pokemon, like most videogames, is seen as 'kids stuff' and childish.  As such, it's "cool" not to be into "stupid children's games".  Basically, GAMERS know pokemon's good.  NON-GAMERS are to stupid to understand that.  Let them go ahead and mock it.  We all know that they're the ones acting childish, though.  Yay for the hypocrisy of morons...

Zach

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 03, January, 2010, 11:25:50 AM

Uhh how is it that "normal" people (read: Dumb, Boring and Lame people like the people who can't and don't wanna hack games) hate the Pokemon games? Is it because theirs is associated with a kiddish anime(but I kinda likes it and me's thinkings that Dawn is cute) or are theys just too damn scaredy to go near such pure awesomeness?

I can tell that was directed at me since I said I lost interest so lemme stop you there. #1: I only said I lost interest in it, I didn't say that I hated it. #2: When HG/SS come, I will start playing again. #3: While that holds mostly truth to it, not every "normal" person hates Pokemon. <.<

leaf

Insul: I like your style. =p

Oh, and what's your bro's sn on marr? I may know him.

Quote from: Role on 02, January, 2010, 11:03:22 PMTHIS is the kind of thing that makes me hate legendaries.  There's really no logic behind it, other than a personal grudge.  Nothing to get defensive about.  Just a me thing.

By the way, you've not said what your team was.
Well, I'm not gonna try to convince you otherwise. I just look at legendaries like regular pokemon that just so happen to only be encounterable once and can't breed. It's not so different from the sudowoodo encounter in GSC, or snorlax encounter in numerous games, with the only difference being those pokemon have a gender.

And you mentioned having to theme your team and work strategy into it... why not go the other way around? Make a team with strategy and then work the theme into it? It's what I generally do after I've played with a team a bit.

As for my team... right. Forgot about that. I'll just c/p one of my old netbattle teams here. Oh, and if anyone here doesn't get where the nicks come from, you fail. Hard.

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Thor
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 124 HP / 96 Def / 152 Spd / 136 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers ** Charon
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Pain Split
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Celebi @ Leftovers ** Cybele
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 148 Def / 8 Spd / 56 SAtk / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Perish Song
- Psychic
- Recover

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers ** Ulysses
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Def / 136 SAtk / 48 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Now that I think about it I probably should've named this one Coatlicue... oh well. That would be more appropriate on a wisher, anyway. Which is what this used to be, actually (when celebi had heal bell instead of perish song). I've changed this team more times than I can count, and I'm still not sure which variant I liked best.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers ** Procne
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Whirlwind

Claydol @ Leftovers ** Daedalus
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

In summary: Stall stall stall stall stall~
I have other teams, too, that do more than just outlast the opponent. This team just happens to have very good consistency, with only about 2 or 3 uncommon pokemon actually giving it real trouble, and a couple common pokemon that I need to play around.

For the games, I've mostly used teams of anywhere between 2 and 4 pokemon, filling in the remains with HM slaves. From what I can remember, I've used teams of typhlosion/ampharos (team WHY IS YOUR LEVEL SO HIGH?), charizard/jolteon/lapras/alakazam (team lolspecial), sceptile/flygon/altaria/pelliper (team no weak-OH FRICK WALLACE HAS ICE BEAM), and torterra/staraptor/alakazam (team never finished the game). Oh, and metagross/flygon/ludicolo (team lolbattletower), as well as metagross/latios/snorlax (team lolbattlefrontier).

Yeah, I actually never finished diamond because I got bored with it >_>

Quote from: Role...If you don't have a DS/i, how do you expect to play GSDS?  You have half a year to get one.  Fail, and face erasure.
TIME FOR A TASTE TEST!
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Insularity

Leaf- He's known as Asphyxia.

And that naming thing is SO hard.

About HG and SS- Hmm... I can't think of any better name for it.

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

leaf

Oh. I don't know him, then.

And I just realized I forgot to reply to jamie about why I think salamence should be banned in DPP despite being allowed in adv. Well, it was fine in adv. It was able to pull off a few different sets, yes, but the choice band and dragon dance sets were by far the most common, both being physical, and you might occasionally see a special variant with wish. The CB set was useful all game long, and generally required you to either have a bulky water or predict its attack correctly to counter it. The DD set was only really a threat as a late-game sweeper after everything has taken some damage. The special variant would of course be a surprise at first, but it could be dealt with easily enough without any way to boost its power. In adv, it was certainly a powerful pokemon, but it was manageable. Then... you have DP. Life orb and choice specs bring a whole new variety to salamence, with the only thing really holding it back being the new stealth rock, sapping it of 25% of its HP every time it comes in. Specs sets with the new draco meteor could only be reliably countered by blissey or a high sdef steel. The mixed set with life orb had a lot more freedom with its options and actually ended up countering all of the pokemon you would use to deal with the specs set. The mixed set could be walled by some particularly sturdy dual walls, however, particularly those that lean toward sdef. And of course, salamence still has his old physical sets, slightly adjusted now with a more powerful STAB move (hp:flying -> dragon claw), which actually is enough to allow it to 2HKO the same bulky waters that it could only 3HKO in adv. This whole mess makes countering salamence very difficult, as if you guess which kind of salamence it is wrong... you're likely losing a pokemon right there. Platinum finally gives salamence outrage to play with, which is what imo threw it over the edge, as now if you don't have a steel, you're automatically screwed as salamence can 2HKO whatever it is you're using to defend against it. But... the same steels that you would use to defend against the special variants still get 2HKO'd by outrage mence because they're investing into their sdef and not their def. So you have a single pokemon that can come in two completely different and equally highly destructive varieties, that requires two distinct specialized counters, that if you don't carry those specialized counters, even once you do know what set mence is running, you're still probably going to lose a pokemon. Unfortunately, the DP players have become used to having to sacrifice something to revenge kill big threats, so despite this, I doubt salamence will ever get banned.

Well, I certainly wrote a bit more there than I originally intended to.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Kain

Lemme see here.  These were my teams for each game.

Red:  Charizard, Gengar, Gyarados, Raichu, Golem, Beedrill.

(I don't have Blue or Yellow, but I have played Yellow.)

Gold: Typhlosion, Ariados, Ampharos, Umbreon, Tyranitar, Octillery.

Silver: Feraligator, Electabuzz, Magmar, Hitmonlee, Sneazel, Espeon.

Crystal: Meganium, Raichu, Poliwrath, Hitmontop, Scizor, Misdreavus.

Ruby: Blaziken, Wailord, Golbat, Flygon, Salamence, Shiftry.

Sapphire:  Sceptile, Sharpedo, Gardevoir, Seviper, Armaldo, Dusclops.

(Don't have Emerald.)

Pearl: Infernape, Gengar, Tentacruel, Crobat, Luxray, Roserade.

(Don't have Diamond or Platinum and I haven't beaten Pearl yet.  I'm not that interested in beating it to be honest.)
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Ninja Steve

My teams usually ALWAYS consisted of all the starters from that given region, with the Fire type as my main:

1st Gen: Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Raichu/Pikachu (in yellow), Alakazam, Golem

2nd Gen: Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium, Golem, Alakazam, Lugia/Ho-oh/Suicune (version dependent)

3rd Gen: Blaziken, Sceptile, Swampert, Gardevoir, Raichu, Metagross

4th Gen: TBD, but it's looking like (for a while): Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Garchomp, Mismagius, Honchkrow

My dream team would probably consist of:
Blaziken, Gardevoir, Raichu, Garchomp, Mismagius, and Blastoise.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Rolina

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 03, January, 2010, 04:41:39 PM
Quote from: Role...If you don't have a DS/i, how do you expect to play GSDS?  You have half a year to get one.  Fail, and face erasure.
TIME FOR A TASTE TEST!
SO ZETTA SLOW...POKE!

Anywho, I really don't have a 'dream team'... Whatever team I happen to use depends on what theme I'm going for in the game I'm playing.  Surprised nobody figured out my Platinum team yet, especially after I posted that pic of Tethys...

Charon

frick why did I ignore this topic earlier

I EFFIN' LOVE POKEMON MAN

Currently I'm raising a complete Murkrow team to decimate the world in its power. I already have like 60 of them hatched.

Salanewt

Hm... Well, in every game, I normally try to have a water type. I also have Action Replay, so... I have not used it on Platinum yet, but I steal from the Pokemon Factory in Emerald. I have a level 100 shiny Charizard with Hydro Cannon. Few people can beat me.

In Platinum (and Diamond), I have an Empoleon. I think it is level 100 in Diamond, legitimate except for the temporary shininess, but it is only level 48 in Platinum.

In Platinum, I have 4-5 permanent members, and one that I can switch almost whenever I want.

Empoleon: level 48, Surf, Waterfall, Blizzard, and Rock Climb
Rapidash: level 51, Fire Blast, Flame Wheel, Toxic, and Bounce
Staraptor: level 45, Fly, Aerial Ace, Close Combat, and Defog
Luxray: level 51, Thunder, Crunch, Thunder Fang, Spark
Beautifly: level 44, Giga Drain, Bug Buzz, Silver Wind, Morning Sun

I want my Beautifly to learn Psychic, but I do not know which move to replace (since I want to enter it in some contests first). I tend to have either my Lucario or my Tangrowth as pokemon 6. I wish I could have 8 members though. It would make my life much easier when choosing.

I also have a somewhat legitimate Articuno in Diamond, close to level 100 if it isn't already (but I think I caught it at like level 10 in Fire Red, so...). I have almost every legendary, all of which are somewhat legitimate. The Dogs are from Colloseum, the Birds from XD, Gale of Darkness, Regis... I forget where. Palkia is not legitimate though, but it will be in Platinum. My Lugia is from XD as well, but I can get a free supply of them from Emerald, as well as Ho-ohs. I have Mewtwo, Mew (and it obeys), Deoxys (same), Lati(o/a)s, and the rest of the legendaries from every game. I think I might be missing one or two though.

I can not say anything about the other games, because my character becomes a police officer when he rides the bike in both Fire Red and Leaf Green. Also, few to no battles are allowed after 10 minutes. Emerald is a Pokemon factory for me, where I can get free shiny Pokemon. Unfortunately, they always males (unless it is a female only Pokemon).

And this is enough information for now. I also have a Shiny Sableye or two in Diamond, each with Wonder Guard...

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Salanewt, cheating at Pokemon is not cool. The only Pokemon I'd even CONSIDER cheating to get is Arceus, because it's just that awesome.

And if they already have a Ralts with swords (Gallade), then why not a Ralts with guns? That would be seriously awesome. And considering the fact that most Pokemon names are puns, I'd probably call it Shotzem.

Edit: I also have a way of getting infinite Master Balls, but it's rather time consuming. Basically, I'd have to finish transferring all the Diamond and Firered Pokemon I want to Platinum, then restart one of the two games, and get all the way to where you get the Master Ball. Then, give it to a Pokemon, transfer it to Platinum, transfer any new cool Pokemon I got, and restart the game again.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

leaf

If I was gonna farm master balls, I'd just clone a pokemon repeatedly >_>

@Sala: Ok, I'm the kind of person that doesn't really care if someone cheats at the game as long as they keep the stats, moves, and abilities legitimately possible. No matter how improbable it may be, if it's possible in the game, then I'm cool with it. But... wonder guard sableye? Seriously? Although I'd probably just laugh if I ever saw a hydro cannon charizard...
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Sajin

...Hydro Cannon Charizard? >_>
I only cheat under two circumstances: A- Clone pokemon to get more Master Balls/Leftovers/Exp. Share or B- Use GameShark to complete pokedex. But since I have bad memories with GameShark (when I used it on Red It somehow corrupted  my save...) and I actually don't own it, I don't use it... Using GS to get some lvl100 pokemons that have 999 of each stat plus Wonder Guard isn't any fun but you find it amusing, knock yourself out. :p

Rolina

Cheating is okay ONLY if they cheat to make the game HARDER.  The only cheats I've seen that do that are from the battle network series, though.  Otherwise, you're limited to taking advantage of glitches in the game.  I'm perfectly fine if you whip out a level 255 Snorlax on me in Red/Blue (I'll kill you if you try it in yellow, though).  After all, do that, and I'll whip out my Lv255 Cloyster...  If they didn't want us to do that, they should have bug tested their game more.

Sala?  If you weren't the buttmonkey of the forums before, then after cheating at POKEMON of all things, you are now.

ALSO:  Ralts + guns idea:  What, Magmortar wasn't enough for you?!  The thing has freaking ARM CANONS.