News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Suggestion for the Editor

Started by Menaus, 06, January, 2010, 12:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

...Really? Please, do tell how to do so.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Griever

As i said, all i do is select the part i want to copy (ctrl + A) then copy it (Ctrl + C) and then paste (Ctrl + V) ...

And i think Atrius can confirm that the feature is already in the editor.

D2J

-I Am New And I Have Some Ideas And Don't Know If They Have Been Brought Up.

1.) Is There A Way To Have A Enemy Appear Where You Want Them Too Like A Regular Monster??? Like If They Aren't A Boss Or Monster Already In Game(i.e. Dead Beard, Saturos & Menardi And New Enemies)

2.) Is There A Way To Include Alex In The Game??? Beacause I'd Love To Fight Him And Maybe Have Him Join My Party. But He'd Have To Either Be As Strong As My Party Is(Or Difficulty) Or Base Him Of His Power He Got Before He Died. So He'd Prolly Be A God.

3.) Is There A Way So That You Have No Party??? Just Wondering Because I'd Love To Fight With Felix Only.

4.) Can The Enemy Edit Be More Like The Party Member Edit??? Because I Edited Doom Dragon To Be Unstoppable(All His Stats Are Maxed) And He Died From An Attack That Did 58 Damage. I Think Even If Maxed Out, Enemies Are Still No Match For A Maxed Out Party. This Balance Needs A Fix.

5.) Can Sprites From GS1 Be Used In GS2???

6.) Since Monsters Can Go Beyond Level 99, Can Your Party Exceed Like That??? Because It Says The Highest For Enemies Is 255 And I Think They Should Be Able To Go That High.

Salanewt

I suppose I can try to answer some of these questions for you.

1: If you edit battle data, which can be accessed from the Enemy Editor. You have to put the enemies that you want in the correct groups though.

2: Maybe in the future, but Atrius is still working on capabilities for some things.

4: Stats are signed values, and I have a feeling that Atrius is working on making them so in the editor. The true maximum should be 32767 for some stats. If something seems too low when it is a high value, you should consider dividing your value in half, or else it will be negative.

And this is all that I will answer for now. Questions 3 and 5 are best left for someone who knows a bit more about them, like Atrius. I would imagine that question 5 should be possible when sprite editing is possible though, at least for the sprites that did not make it into the game.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

D2J

-I Know About The Groups But Certain Enemies Aren't Shown And The Area Where I Put Them In The Group Lags. But There Should Be A Dropbox Either In The Enemies Or Maps That Show What Mosters Pop Up Here.

Aile~♥

Certainly you could give a party member Alex's overworld sprite, and edit the stats and classes and Psynergy he learns appropriately.

Making it so you have no party would require some ASM Hacking to make it so nobody else joins you. Alternatively, you could make every other party member have an HP of 0. Although, that wouldn't work for the beginning of the game, because you play as Jenna at the start.

Admittedly, I do wish that the HP cap for party members was 9999, and that the Level Cap was 255. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Maybe you could ask Atrius to release a patch that allows for that?

The maximum value for HP is in fact approximately 16000. Setting it to higher than that makes it go backwards, and the same can happen with Psynergies whose Power is too high.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

D2J

-Well I'd Rather Fight Him Cause I Think Your Party Can't Exceed 8. So He Needs A Battle Sprite. Well I Wish You Had An Option Wheather You Wanna Fight Alone Or Not(And Be Able To Decide Who Fights) And I Just Now Edited Jenna To Be Karst And I Even Added Her A Scythe Weapon. The HP Caps Need To Be Fixed For Enemies Because I Killed All The Bosses Except Doom Dragon And Editing Him To Be Unstoppable Is Unlikely Due To The Fact That He Has Different Layers. All The Enemies With Only One Are Better But They All Died. =/

Aile~♥

Actually, it's easier to make Doom Dragon unstoppable, because there's three of him, so he has three times the HP cap. You could give each of him 16000 HP, for a total of 48000 HP. That's the highest of any boss in the game.

If you really want to make a strong boss, though, take a small enemy like a Mole or a Djinni, and give them absolutely insane stats, including that capped 16000 HP and 4 turns each. Then place 5 of them in the group that the boss normally occupies. All of a sudden you're being hit with 20 attacks (You know, Grand Gaia, Spark Plasma, Megacool, the like) each turn, and have to do a total of 80000 damage to win. Oh, and give them an ability that restores 70% of their max HP for the whole group. And an HP regeneration per turn of 255, along with PP regeneration of 255 so they never run out of PP.

There, now you have an impossible boss fight. Sound fun? Good.

(Oh, and stop capitalizing the first letter of every word. It makes you look like an idiot.)
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

D2J

-Edit Maps(i.e. Names And Create A Map), Picking Where An Enemey Appears And Sprites For Saturos, Menardi, Deadbeard, Giant Red Monster(With Snake Tail) And Battle Sprites For Alex Would Be Nice.

Atrius (He/Him)

Sprites?  Where does that come into suggestions for the editor?  It only shows you the ones that exist in the games data, although sprite editing will be coming in the next big release.

As far as map editing goes, the editor is still fairly early in development, there's a reason the current version is 0.3 instead of 1.3 or 3.0.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

D2J

-So There's No Other Way I Can Insert A Saturos Sprite??? Like Another Program I Could Use.

MaxiPower

Quote from: D2J on 18, December, 2010, 12:15:18 PM
-So There's No Other Way I Can Insert A Saturos Sprite??? Like Another Program I Could Use.

No there isnt, like Atrius said, until next release...
?
and btw do you have to Capitalize Every Single Word? Is it really needed?

D2J

-This Is Really Gonna Mess With My Hack. And Yes, Please Don't Mind. It's An Old Habit. Sorry If It Really Bugs People. IDK Why...At Least I Don't Type Like This: $kkoooo0 izz koo

MaxiPower

what you mean its an old habit, what are you? nine years old?, talking of hacks, if you type like this, no ones gonna wanna play it to be honest

Rolina

I've mentioned this before in the temple, figured I should put it here.

This idea is basically a patch to change every instance of a 10x multiplier for a value into a standalone value.  So having a multiplier value of 30 is no longer 300%, and a class modifier value of 155 is no longer 1550%, but simply 155%.  This would require you to manually go in and fix everything, but let's face it - if you're going to use this, you'd be doing that anyways.  It will allow for more precise multipliers, but the top limit would cap at 255 (so, 255%) for classes.  For spells, well, you can already have four digits, so while you could have had a multiplier value of 99990%, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?  Even 9999% is absurd enough...  It's your call if you wanna do something crazy like that, but I think that the 300% multiplier for meggido is too high myself...

Atrius (He/Him)

That one's been on my list for a while now actually.  I just haven't set the time aside that I'll need to make sure I remove the 10x multiplier everywhere that it appears, as I'm fairly sure it'll be in more than 1 spot in the code.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

D2J

-Yeah because Felix unleashed Megiddo and it did +3000 to Doom Dragon and it was a new ROM.

-Atrius, Is There A Way To Give Enemies Parties Like We Have Two???

Atrius (He/Him)

- No double posting unless it's an update to one of your projects and it's been a few days.

- This is a suggestion for the editor?  That's not how enemy groups are handled in the game...

D2J

-Sorry for the double. And I was hoping there was a way to make it handle it.