Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 20, 2018, 09:53:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Characters  (Read 6099 times)
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

Coins: 1

« on: January 17, 2010, 11:45:02 PM »

My Characters: for the Golden Sun Chronicles vids and a possible rom hack down the line... characters may change if plot is changed or something

All character art by the the great "MoonlightAlchemist of Deviant Art and Character sprites done by Sala / some crap ones by me :{
You may have issues viewing the thread as some images are real big, to alter your display easily, simply hold the "Ctrl" key and scroll your mouse wheel. Sorry for the inconvenience but well dont want them losing quality now do it :)

Protagonist, Antagonist and NPCs'....

All of these (or most) will get character art... and whilst all characters havent got a entire spritesheet at the moment, an incomplete one is better than nothing for now.

Protagonist's

Venus - Uranus Adepts

1- Oscar

Element: Uranus
Class:  Squire > Knight > Gallant > Lord > Slayer
Build:  Warrior
Initial Equip:  Iron Sword

Story:  From a small village south of Maipe. As a young boy often travelling to the temple to deliver goods he was inspired to learn psyngery of a young monk there named Sakum of whom the two of them went on many small adventures together but as the years went on Oscars farther stopped making the trip Oscar carried on with his life only to be united seven years later.

2 - Enya:

Element: Uranus
Class:  Squire --> Warrior --> Gallant --> Man Eater --> Slayer
Build:  Fighter (Heavy Armor, Swords, Light blades and Cythes)
Signature Weapon:  Pending
Initial Equip:  Iron Blade
Personality:  Pending
Physique:  Pending

Story - Enya travels Weyard in hope to train and become good enough to win the Alchemy games Tournament in Athol and ultimately win a spot in the Pluto Knights of Kona, The Prize of such feat. Problems arise before the forcing her to team up with the main protagonist to overcome a mysterious threat infecting the city...

Mars - Saturn Adepts

1 - Sakum:

Element: Saturn
Class:  Disciple --> Scholar --> Mage --> Alchemist --> Sage
Build:  Mage (Light Armor, Light Blades, Maces and Ankhs)
Signature Weapon:  Staff of Hellish Fire
Initial Equip:  Maipe Staff
Personality:  warmhearted and kind, dispises misuse of Alchemy
Physique:  Agile that allows him to move fast and to attack with smaller weapons (daggers). however main focus is on his psyenrgy which is his strong point

Story - A young monk from Maipe. A temple village that lies near Flares Rock with its adepts of Saturn. The markings on his face distinguish him being a poverful mage despite his young age. Having grown up exploring the secrets of the rock, Sakum and his desire for Knowlege of Alchemy and appreciation for his world sets him on a pilgrimage to uncover other places such as the other rocks. This being the first time that he has left the village he quickly finds out .The outside world isnt a plesent as he had thought nor been told.

2 - Coral

Element: Saturn
Pending

Story: Coral is the twin sister of the King of Athol and travels with Enya to Kona to see her brother who is currently there in business with Savil on an airship he's developing

Jupiter - Pluto Adepts

1 - Logan

(15 Colour Rom Hack Ready>>>>>>>>>>>>

Element: Pluto
Class:  Swordsman --> Defender --> Gallant --> Knight --> Captain
Build:  Fighter (Heavy Armor, Swords, Axes and Maces)
Signature Weapon:  Virtue Blade
Initial Equip:  Steel Sword
Personality:  Trustworthy and Virtueous to the end
Physique:  Muscular on par with Felix for strength

Story - Being son of Hugh, the Captain of the Knights of Pluto has its advantages... One being that all his training to become a Knight of Pluto has made him one of the finest swordsmen in the land. After overhearing a conversation between King Savil and subordinate of his farther about a secret mission that would lead to the betrayel of his farther, Hugh decides that the only people that can help him is his enemy... The enemy of my enemy is my friend... This being the resistance, a group of Wind adepts who are constanly causing disturbance towards his people. These people are known as the people of Anemos Logans pursuit of the truth leads him to them

2 - Tova

Element: Pluto
Pending

Story: Tova is from a clan of adepts that live in the village of Glynn, near tempest rock. Her clan have several ability's such as being able to see several minutes into the future allowing them to bend time and space to meet there needs, they can see how one will react and then repeat a scene and get a different response by acting differently. Its a power that her clan banned from using since it along with man kinds greed is a dangerous tool. Tova however uses her power instead to see the world of Lucere from a different view, she's interested in the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. She can also mind read people

Mercury - Neptune Adepts

1 - Artem

Element: Neptune
Class:  Disciple --> Scholar --> Mage --> Alchemist --> Sage
Build:  Mage (Light Armor, Light Blades, Maces and Ankhs)
Signature Weapon:  Staff of Heavenly Ice
Initial Equip:  ? Staff
Personality:  Calculated, likes to know his surroundings
Physique:  Agile that allows him to move fast and to attack with smaller weapons (daggers). however main focus is on his psyenrgy which is his strong point. Master of healing arts

Story - Artem shares a bloodline with Sakum after a thier father cheated on both their mothers. When he got ill however and was unable to return to maipe to visit Sakum, he told Artem what he had done and asked him to find Sakum and tell him the truth reveal who he was.

2 - Koris

Element: Neptune
Pending

Story: Koris is a character who hasnt appeared in the SM videos yet other than a secret conversation with the high Mage of Maipe in the first chapter, his motives are unknown but it is rumoured that he is involved in a rebellion group that has been sighted around Kona :D.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:14:45 PM by MaxiPower » Logged
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:03:48 AM »

Antagonist's

1 (Lucere Alliance)

Savil

Fergus

Conservato

2 (Proxians) (Duo Team)

Mars

Marcelo

Lorenza

3 (Mu'ans) (Duo Team)
 Mercury

Lucius

Antonia

3. Conservato

Having been locked up after his unsuccesful takeover of Lemuria, he is taken prisoner by the Knights of Pluto and released once King Savil learns of the knowlege Conservato is more than willing to give up information on Weyard making him The Kings new right hand man.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:43:42 PM by MaxiPower » Logged
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:04:14 AM »

NPC's

Hugh

Character Art

Concept (Not Sketch)

Story - Being a long and loyal commander to King Savil means nothing compared to being loyal to oneself and the people.

Hugh leads the knights of Pluto to Weyard when he is told about his sons apparent death.

After being told of a secret mission envolving a new world that caused a hugh threat to The Silver Moon, Hugh is handed an ancient map by King Savil and requested to infiltrate this world and take prisoners from the City of Lemuria to find out their motives for the sudden break of the Seal of Alchemy.

King Savil has other plans however, Because Hugh is muchly respected for his noble actions, much more than the King.... Savil fears that he cannot continue his plan with him around thus orders Hughs subordinates to capture him and Kill the current King of Lemuria so Savils world domination ideal can be set into motion.

Aaron

Tobi

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:08:50 PM by MaxiPower » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 05:36:54 AM »

Are you going to apply for them to be in the community hack?  It'd be nice to get some more character with actual pictures to go with the names!

However, the NPC style sprites?  yeah... those will need fixing.  But that's probably a job for the artists.

View Profile WWW
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »

Are you going to apply for them to be in the community hack?  It'd be nice to get some more character with actual pictures to go with the names!

However, the NPC style sprites?  yeah... those will need fixing.  But that's probably a job for the artists.

My first priorty for my characters is both my videos and possible own rom hack down the line however i dont see any reason why they could not feature in the community hack with a different story... If theres any that catchs your eye just state it and i shall look over the current characters and tryt and make a connection plot wise

About the sprites, ive mentioned many times that an NPC sprite is better than no sprite even if the sprite isnt what the final sprite will look like or is incomplete as it gives you an idea on what it would look like in game... and will help any artists i get later on rather than starting from scratch
View Profile
Tetsuya the Azure Blade
The Shadow Fang
Luna Clan

Kick your @#$, that's what I'm gonna do.

Great Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 02:01:53 PM »

I believe this is what you wanted...

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 06:55:53 PM »

That could work as a beta sprite, but the final sprite will need quite a bit of improvement.

View Profile WWW
Tetsuya the Azure Blade
The Shadow Fang
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »

If it's about the eyes, I fail at eyes and face hair...... And ears XD.

View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »

dude thank you.. like Role said, its not up to sctatch of a offical one however i do congratulate you on your efforts... im gonna se if i can rework yours a bit... make the head a bit smaller, reshape the left side and if possible make him look a tad older... but still I cant do avaters from scratch (unless you want stickmen faces) but I can me an effort to change them...

Not much better but anyway (couldn't get older look noooooooooooooo) lol

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:43:38 PM by MaxiPower » Logged
View Profile
Tetsuya the Azure Blade
The Shadow Fang
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 10:23:33 AM »

Whoops, I just noticed the mistakes in the sprite, I'll go and try to finish it up a bit...

EDIT: There, any better?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:30:59 AM by MegaDarkNero » Logged
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 12:03:09 PM »

That portrait looks pretty good. I do see some room for improvement, so I might offer some advice...

His face (at least near the left of his nose) looks almost like it has a corner. I would remove that, as well as to move the nose to the right a bit more, maybe closer to the centre of the eyes and only have that corner pixel the same shade (if possible, I would reduce their size as well, both to the point when they look like they have eyelids (similar to other Golden Sun portraits)). The mouth should be moved over to the right a tiny bit. Last but not least, you see that silver hilt? I would move that behind his shoulder, or even remove it completely. The reason for removing it would be so there is more room for the face, allowing for more detail to make him look older.

And other than that, the portrait is really good.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 01:40:13 AM »

Those portrait sprites are a little big... Do you have 32x32 versions so we can use them in a hack?

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 01:50:38 AM »

They also all use too many colors.  It's 15 + 1 transparent.

A lot of age in face portraits come from proportions.  Generally, larger eyes make a character look younger.  Chubby faces can also end up looking particularly young.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 12:15:39 PM »

I made them bigger intentionally... making them smaller is easy done... As for the colours... doh!!
View Profile
Griever
Pyro Master

Don't play with FIRE !!!

Excellent Member

I am: Enjoying the new Fate game.
Clan Position: High Enchanter

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 03:39:31 PM »

Squire --> Warrior --> Gallant --> Man Eater --> Slayer

Erm .... Man eater? .... are you sure you do NOT want to change this?

Nicely done.

View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 02:46:36 PM
KyleRunner: Atrius!!
Yesterday at 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...
April 14, 2018, 01:04:37 PM
Fox: @Mario Golf/text editing = Nope... And it may be awhile yet. I think I looked into it before... (at least for GS1)... but usually is the case when I come across a particular problem, that it can delay a solution for an extremely long time.
April 12, 2018, 04:27:14 PM
KyleRunner: Gee... never used discord...
April 12, 2018, 06:03:23 AM
Drake baku: I take it back, found it
April 12, 2018, 06:02:01 AM
Drake baku: But there is no discord link to be found
April 12, 2018, 06:01:44 AM
Drake baku: Everyone is on discord
April 11, 2018, 09:44:06 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, what about that tool for editing text in Mario Golf? Didi you finish it? If not, can you make a version of gstoolkit compatible with it?
April 11, 2018, 07:41:25 AM
Drake baku: Mauw
March 30, 2018, 07:26:11 PM
Salanewt: Hi!
March 29, 2018, 07:37:45 PM
ThanatosTheDark: YYEEEOOOOOO
March 12, 2018, 02:21:06 AM
Fox: say*
March 12, 2018, 02:20:53 AM
Fox: I saw we need an event this April Fools/Easter... because two holidays are in one, why would we not want to miss having something special? (Unfortunately, there's no one here to make an event be successful.)
March 12, 2018, 02:18:17 AM
Fox: And since that's the case...  I have thought of another fun experiment idea. - What if we had an auction on who should run this site, and waited for 10 people to bid and also for a bare minimum of 24 hours. Who would bid the highest, and how much would that bid be? - The idea is more for lulz (Maybe for April Fools?), and a theory to get an idea of how much the site might be worth as well.
March 11, 2018, 03:02:31 AM
Fox: Creepy, isn't it?
March 10, 2018, 02:19:04 AM
Fox: It's frog legs now.. It's something that's dead, but somehow still manages to wiggle.
March 09, 2018, 04:12:17 AM
JamietheFlameUser: I think this place is still dead.
March 02, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Pkmn-Master: Lol I haven't been here in like 6 years. How is everyone?

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise