News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Megaman Hacking!

Started by Tetsuya the Azure Blade, 29, January, 2010, 06:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Iv'e not been on for a while 'cause my sister has been hogging the pc! I couldn't even play a game of UT 2004 over the internet 'cause of her!. But the few times I HAVE been able to get on the damn pc I've been hacking MegaMan 1. Here's something that I wasn't expecting! I Don't even remember what I did!

Rolina

I eventually want to make a Megaman ZX hack, I've actually got a lot of ideas for it and how it'd play.  But it'd require many EFoCs, so I don't know if I'll ever be able to make it...

Even still, I have distant hopes for Rockman:  For Endless Fight...

Sajin

I never had the chance of playing those first Megaman games on the NES... I only played the first and fourth Battle Network and that strange 3d Megaman game that came out on the N64 and PS one.
Now on-topic: are you planning on leaving it in black andwhite? O_o

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Sajin on 09, February, 2010, 03:30:38 AM
Now on-topic: are you planning on leaving it in black andwhite? O_o
Some things you should know about that hack:

The title screen and level select screens aren't in black and white. Also, that boss chosen screen isn't in black and white either. The only things in B&L are what you see in the video.

PS: You should see what I've done to Mega Man 6! For Wind Man's level data: In your Hex Editor search for the offset C2 11 (second string containing Wind Man's level property data) I don't know how many lines of hex contain Wind Man's level data though, So have fun messing around with it. And does anyone know why I can't upload my other hacking videos on youtube?

Salanewt

Might either have something to do with video length, or possibly format.

Your hack looks interesting enough. You should continue it (but first, what exactly is Megaman?).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Oh. My. God.

You don't know who megaman is?

Look it up. Congrats on being a (9).

That's also the first time I've had to pull a "Role" on anyone.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Wow, that is harsh... Well, lets just play around with some things...

Mwahahahahahaha!

Have a nice day.

P.S. Is he by chance red with scizzors on his head, or is he the blue one?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Megaman is blue with an arm cannon. His "friend" Zero is red and has an energy sword.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

ROM hacker + Boredom + Megaman = Megaman imitating Surskit (lol)

Salanewt

Oh yeah, now I remember him... What ever happened to Cutman though?

Also, that video clip looks neat.

Have a nice day.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

CutMan? Well. Salanewt the answer is simple, MegaMan defeated him and copied his weapon, As he does with every robot master he fights.

Sajin

And, if I'm correct, CutMan also appears as a boss in Battle Network 2.

Salanewt

Lol, I actually know very little of Megaman, but that is an interesting bit of knowledge to know now. Thanks you two.

This game seems fun enough. I might try it out in the future.

Have a nice day.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

If anyone wants to hack the ROM of MegaMan 1 here's a useful document that I FOUND(I didn't make this) on zophar's domain:http://www.zophar.net/fileuploads/2/10698bcwpc/megaman12.txt

But it may be too hard for most newbies to understand, Because it's a big list of data and not a how to hack Mega Man 1 guide.

Because my computer is uber crappy, I had to cut-off some parts of the video (the parts that don't show any of my hacking results). Otherwise my PC would FREEZE when I click save on Windows Movie Maker(my computer is THAT crappy!). And I couldn't upload it on youtube for some unknown reason.

LOOK DOWN BELOW FOR VIDEO LINK (no Legend of Zelda jokes please)

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I uploaded that video to Veoh, so I don't really need YT now, do I?
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v19872032CEd3hask

NOTE: THE VIDEO HAS BEEN EDITED.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I just finished redoing the Mega Man in Monochrome video.

And here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXUIQ_W05w0

Knight of Purgatory

I didn't really play megaman, but I did play the entire Megaman X series
Quote from Kung-Fu Panda "Totally Awesome"
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Rolina

Again, it's been a year since the last post.  But worse, you're posting off topic.