News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Flash Tech Demo

Started by Atrius, 12, March, 2009, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should.

This project is more about creating a game based on Golden Sun aimed at a different audience than the ROM hacking community, it has little to nothing to do with actually converting ROM hacks over to a flash game.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Awec

I know this is pretty old but having found it I am immensely interested.
Any updates on how it's progressing? Any idea how soon we could be making full-on Golden Sun games from this?

I know I said I'd code mine in VB but I must admit I feel rather daunted and this would make it a lot easier.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Atrius (He/Him)

It took a back seat to the editor when I got too busy to work on both at the same time. I should probably clarify things though...

This project was never about opening the possibility for ROM hacks to imported/created in Flash in any way.  Providing people with the means to import the original games into Flash comes with a whole lot of legal issues I don't want to deal with. That said, I do not deny the possibility that if I were to continue this project, and a good complete conversion of the game into an entirely new one was done as a ROM hack that it could potentially be imported.

It began just as an experiment to see how far I could go with using TLA's data in Flash in it's original format.  To be honest, if it continues to the point of becoming a full game I see it becoming something completely original only loosely based on Golden Sun.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]