News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Elemental Fate

Started by Hoopa, 07, February, 2010, 08:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

Alright, got an idea set up and I'm working on it. This hack will basically just edit classes, psynergy and items at first, but I hope to eventually edit the text as well. This will be a hack for Golden Sun: the Lost Age.

For each class series there is a small story attached to it. As you progress through it, you find out what happens to the character as their title changes. This is the title namer for my hack, the Fate that the elements place on those who wield its powers.

So far, I'm still coming up with ideas, but the first party's naming scheme is 95% done.

This will become more organized as I finish more things.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Aile~♥

First few things I noticed right off the bat:

You shouldn't give an ability of a type other than one of the class types. (Felix and Quick Slash)
Felix and Sheba have insane elemental power, that effectively makes them just plain cheap.
Felix and Sheba learn abilities at different levels in their higher classes. (Quick Slash is level 5 for Felix's base class, but level 0 once you have two djinn)
Felix loses some abilities when he gets to the higher classes.
Sheba's healing Psy not only has no animation, but the higher level versions don't cost anything. Also, make sure to have it be DIFFERENT from the healing psys of other elements, maybe more efficient but less power, or more power but less PP efficient.
Also, enemies have WAY too much HP. I mean, it takes three Fumes to kill a Ruffian.
Enemies often also have a skill that they can no longer use because it was converted to a Psynergy.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Hoopa

I see... it seems I need to change some things. Thanks for telling me though. I guess I'll need to do some re balancing. About the abilities disappearing at higher levels, I didn't put those abilities in because the hack isn't far enough to where you'll be able to get to those higher levels.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Hoopa

Might get around to doing this again. I suck at rebalancing though... so bear with me.

Hoopa

Dragon Quest hack up and coming