News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

What's your favorite RPG game\series?

Started by Tetsuya the Azure Blade, 14, February, 2010, 01:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite RPG game\series?

Chrono Trigger
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy
2 (13.3%)
Golden Sun
2 (13.3%)
Dungeons and Dragons
0 (0%)
Legend of Zelda
2 (13.3%)
Boktai\Lunar Knights
0 (0%)
Pokemon
0 (0%)
Dragon Quest\Dragon Quest Monsters
2 (13.3%)
Other
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

leaf

I think you could say that zelda is still an extremely basic action RPG. While it's made the transition into 3D and more or less modern graphics, the game has stayed with its roots in keeping storyline present but not really the focus. The current zelda games are pretty comparable to the original Ys games, I think, in terms of the depth of storyline.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Yeah, how many times does Zelda have to be kidnapped for them to create a better storyline?

Salanewt

Oh, and you should not forget Zelda 2. That game had enemies on the overworld, and coming in contact with them would take you to a separate area to kill them (and you also got actual magic spells). Still mostly an action RPG, but it is very different than most of the others (almost all of which are somewhat based on Zelda 1 (excluding the NDS Zelda games, which barely have an overworld to travel through compared to the rest of the games)).

Also, I find that most Zelda games lately barely have as much content as I would like. They are fun, but they are too short for me (another reason why I place them at third). For example, I like Zelda games with at least nine dungeons. Having four temples and a final temple is barely enough (eg. Nintendo DS games, even Wind Waker was too short, all of which play chicken with the Zelda formula).

Have a nice day.

Zelda to be kidnapped? Well, she is not kidnapped in Majora's Mask, and if I recall correctly, she is not the main focus in the Gameboy Zelda games (I think she is in the Oracle games though, but only through linked adventures). She is actually just sleeping in Zelda 2 (forget if she is kidnapped), she is not really Zelda in Wind Waker (Tetra = Zelda's descendant, not Zelda), Phantom Hourglass has her retrieved before the end (but again she is actually Tetra) and in Spirit Tracks, only her dead body is taken. She is technically already captured in Twilight Princess, and rescuing her is more or less a side-section of actually stopping Ganondorf from making the Light world a part of the Twilight realm again (and curing Midna). Now, am I missing anything else?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kain

My favorite RPG is Legend of Dragoon.  Second place is currently White Knight Chronicles.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!