News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Salanewt's Sprites and Graphics® (You can join in too)

Started by Salanewt, 21, February, 2010, 09:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griever

After checking the palette that Atrius has posted ... no i did not >< which means i will have to go and fix that too.

leaf

It's a shame you have to redo it, because that's a great sprite. It looks 3D almost.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Griever

Thanks ... though when i made that i did not have any game in mind which is why i have no idea where i can use it ><

Rolina

Aye, his sprite is really good.  Although it's too large and doesn't fit to palette, it shows he has a lot of potential.

Aile~♥

Looks like Isaac does in GS:DD. And it's still an awesome sprite.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Edit: Crap, I was reading the wrong topic. Sorry about that.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

Ok here is something i made while trying to turn my sprite into a GS one.

The one on the Left was supposed to be a GS remake of the middle one. The right one is just something i did while playing with the sprite XD

Rolina

Ah, not bad.  You may wanna do a bit more to distinguish him from Isaac - especially his head/hair.

Griever

QuoteAh, not bad.  You may wanna do a bit more to distinguish him from Isaac - especially his head/hair.
Well I'm trying .. and once i figure out how to do the hair i will post the result .... so far every time i try to edit his hair ... it ends up like a morning hair .. you know super messed up. If i keep doing that .. i might post the messed up hair to see what you guys suggest i can do to fix it >< but hopefully i won't have to do that.

Ok after hours of trying to make the hair look right .... i got pissed and for some reason i did this >< but i should say ... i like the student version of Isaac ... i think i will continue working on the hair tomorrow  :happy:

Edit 2: Fixed the collar of the robe, hopefully looks better now. Second picture with the hair darkened a little, and it looks just .. awful if i might say ;_;  I'm sure if Isaac saw this image of his, it would be judgment time for me.

Rolina

Robe definitely looks better like that.  Looked way too... poofy before.

Salanewt

The new one looks better than the old one, but you should remove that outline. Those darker blue pixels on the left and right edges of the sprite, I would put replace some of those pixels with the lighter blue pixels of the robe, and replace the rest with a lighter shade of blue (but not lighter than the other pixels of the robe). A few similar shades of blue on the robe would be really cool, as a blending technique will drastically enhance the sprite. Oh, and you should also bring the collar closer to the neck; it currently looks like that robe is missing a hood.

As for the hair, darker pixels should work. Of course, the bang does not stand out as much as it does in the original sprite (your first one), so a bit more than adding some darker pixels might be needed. In fact, there are a few differences between these sprites and that one. I like the newest version, but a bit more work is needed to fix it up a bit. You have done an excellent job so far, please keep it up!

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

ChrisButton

I read sprites, so I thought I should post my pixel art. This time, I was practicing my AA. I took the long method and did the whole thing by hand.
The line is 100% accurate to my scaling, and I'm pretty satisfied with it's outcome. I would have been angry if the outcome was bad because it
took so long.

If you want a better look, copy and paste into paint and zoom in.

Rolina

The hair alone makes a great improvement.  It's must closer to the original sprite.

Griever

Well that's nice. Now i need to make that small change to make the hair look like it's supposed to but not only in color.

Edit: here is something i did with Garet .....

Hopefully i will be able to finish the clothes by tomorrow ....

@Sala: don't get your hopes up that i might make my own sprite ... you STILL have to make it ^_^

Rolina

Uh oh, here comes Charon!   Run Garet, Run!  Protect the hat!

Charon

Rolina

Aww, too slow, Garet.  Maybe next time you'll use some more mints, eh?  Perhaps some Zol Gear or something...

Salanewt

I shall make it if needed, and I think you are #4 on the lineup? I have decided to resort to modeling after each initial sprite, since I do not want to make every frame from scratch. I might also mix the order up a bit. If so, then multiple sprites will be released in each sitting. Still, the first sprite for each character shall be done with pixels. Nice hat for Garet!

Griever

Now that I'm actually free of university, i can resume my sprite editing again ^_^ ... hopefully by the time we reach that point i can help with something >_<

Salanewt

Nice, it would be nice to have you aboard for DC sprite creation! I will be back to my old pace once exams are finished next week; that, and I now have access to some of my old workshop .png files because of my recently fixed PC. You should probably be able to help out by then.