Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 01:13:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salanewt's Sprites and Graphics® (You can join in too)  (Read 18175 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »

Edit: Crap, I was reading the wrong topic. Sorry about that.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Griever
Pyro Master

Don't play with FIRE !!!

Excellent Member

Coins: 0

I am: Enjoying the new Fate game.
Clan Position: High Enchanter

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2011, 06:49:35 PM »

Ok here is something i made while trying to turn my sprite into a GS one.

The one on the Left was supposed to be a GS remake of the middle one. The right one is just something i did while playing with the sprite XD

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2011, 02:14:48 AM »

Ah, not bad.  You may wanna do a bit more to distinguish him from Isaac - especially his head/hair.

View Profile WWW
Griever
Pyro Master

Don't play with FIRE !!!

Excellent Member

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2011, 09:05:05 AM »

Ah, not bad.  You may wanna do a bit more to distinguish him from Isaac - especially his head/hair.
Well I'm trying .. and once i figure out how to do the hair i will post the result .... so far every time i try to edit his hair ... it ends up like a morning hair .. you know super messed up. If i keep doing that .. i might post the messed up hair to see what you guys suggest i can do to fix it >< but hopefully i won't have to do that.

Ok after hours of trying to make the hair look right .... i got pissed and for some reason i did this >< but i should say ... i like the student version of Isaac ... i think i will continue working on the hair tomorrow  Happy

Edit 2: Fixed the collar of the robe, hopefully looks better now. Second picture with the hair darkened a little, and it looks just .. awful if i might say ;_;  I'm sure if Isaac saw this image of his, it would be judgment time for me.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:09:50 PM by DarkGriever » Logged

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »

Robe definitely looks better like that.  Looked way too... poofy before.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2011, 01:12:43 PM »

The new one looks better than the old one, but you should remove that outline. Those darker blue pixels on the left and right edges of the sprite, I would put replace some of those pixels with the lighter blue pixels of the robe, and replace the rest with a lighter shade of blue (but not lighter than the other pixels of the robe). A few similar shades of blue on the robe would be really cool, as a blending technique will drastically enhance the sprite. Oh, and you should also bring the collar closer to the neck; it currently looks like that robe is missing a hood.

As for the hair, darker pixels should work. Of course, the bang does not stand out as much as it does in the original sprite (your first one), so a bit more than adding some darker pixels might be needed. In fact, there are a few differences between these sprites and that one. I like the newest version, but a bit more work is needed to fix it up a bit. You have done an excellent job so far, please keep it up!

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
ChrisButton
Mercury Clan

« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2011, 06:43:17 AM »

I read sprites, so I thought I should post my pixel art. This time, I was practicing my AA. I took the long method and did the whole thing by hand.
The line is 100% accurate to my scaling, and I'm pretty satisfied with it's outcome. I would have been angry if the outcome was bad because it
took so long.

If you want a better look, copy and paste into paint and zoom in.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2011, 01:58:48 PM »

The hair alone makes a great improvement.  It's must closer to the original sprite.

View Profile WWW
Griever
Pyro Master

Don't play with FIRE !!!

Excellent Member

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2011, 02:47:36 PM »

Well that's nice. Now i need to make that small change to make the hair look like it's supposed to but not only in color.

Edit: here is something i did with Garet .....

Hopefully i will be able to finish the clothes by tomorrow ....

@Sala: don't get your hopes up that i might make my own sprite ... you STILL have to make it ^_^
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:28:41 PM by DarkGriever » Logged

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2011, 01:54:51 AM »

Uh oh, here comes Charon!   Run Garet, Run!  Protect the hat!

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2011, 02:28:33 AM »

*takes the hat*

Nice hat xD
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2011, 02:38:50 AM »

Aww, too slow, Garet.  Maybe next time you'll use some more mints, eh?  Perhaps some Zol Gear or something...

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2011, 02:52:15 AM »

I shall make it if needed, and I think you are #4 on the lineup? I have decided to resort to modeling after each initial sprite, since I do not want to make every frame from scratch. I might also mix the order up a bit. If so, then multiple sprites will be released in each sitting. Still, the first sprite for each character shall be done with pixels. Nice hat for Garet!

View Profile WWW
Griever
Pyro Master

Don't play with FIRE !!!

Excellent Member

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »

Now that I'm actually free of university, i can resume my sprite editing again ^_^ ... hopefully by the time we reach that point i can help with something >_<

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2011, 07:08:17 PM »

Nice, it would be nice to have you aboard for DC sprite creation! I will be back to my old pace once exams are finished next week; that, and I now have access to some of my old workshop .png files because of my recently fixed PC. You should probably be able to help out by then.

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise