News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Salanewt's Sprites and Graphics® (You can join in too)

Started by Salanewt, 21, February, 2010, 09:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Almost, just need to smooth out the edges of the yellow band on her hat, and there.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Pkmn-Master

This :MercuryDjinni: Djinni I did I believe has more than 15 colors, but I think it's still a great concept.

A New Element: Sonic!

I know it's my display pic, but I just posted it anyways.

Rolina

Sonic elemental EPAs go off of the Agility Stat instead of Attack! :awesomeface.gif:

Rolina

Been nearly a week, so...

Hey, Sala, got any updates for us?  I'd love to see a new face pic or something.

Salanewt

Well, I have been busy with Superstar Saga, school, and chores. I will try to get some done today though (first to finish Lishy's, and then to move on to some more Mario characters).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I dunno if this is the right place but.....

Relind: Face pic

Relind: Stood still sprite

Oh, if ya wondering who on earth Relind is, he's something I've just come up with! Simply put, he's the result of a little playing around with MS Paint.

Maybe I (or someone else if he/she wants to do the rest of his sprites) could finish him off......

Salanewt

Yeah, this is the right place.

Looks good Nero, I will add your portrait to the first post.

Have a nice day.

Edit: I did notice that the dimensions are off though. Are you going to resize it, or do you want to wait first?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

May I ask what the correct dimensions are Sala?

Salanewt

The correct dimensions for portraits are 32x32 pixels, and they have a limited palette of 16 colours (that is, if they are meant to be placed in the game).

Oh yeah, I said I would upload your other portrait, didn't I Lishy? That is a bit overdue, sorry about that... I still have it ready though.

Anything to improve on?

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah, more Nintendo portraits will come in the future.

MaxiPower

Is there any fast way on knowing if theres more than 16 colors lol... I have a few avarters but dont know if there legit or not

Salanewt

Unless you have Photoshop, you have to do find the pixel until you have gone through the desired 16 colours (or a method which I have not done yet might work). Basically, moving the portrait over empty space, all while temporarily making one colour transparent in Paint.

Have a nice day.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Salanewt on 21, April, 2010, 05:00:46 PM
Yeah, this is the right place.

Looks good Nero, I will add your portrait to the first post.

Have a nice day.

Edit: I did notice that the dimensions are off though. Are you going to resize it, or do you want to wait first?
Thanks Sala. I'll post more when I make 'em.
The dimensions are off? I'll just wait 'til someone else corrects them as I'm WAY to busy with other stuff (writing an rpg's storyline, school, little brother who makes my life hell and trying to NOT eat my pillow in my sleepings....)....

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Some more that I did 'cause I wanted to.

For fans of the Lufia games.

Look! Selan and Artea! Maxim and Guy are being drawn when I feel like it.

Selan front sprite (Selan how she looked in Lufia 1)

Selan face pic

Artea front sprite

Artea face pic

Stuff I did for teh luz ^-^

An older Sheba (the hair is supposed to be over her eyes)

A girl version of  Felix

A girl version of Garet

A boy version of Jenna (Yep, she's a girly guy, why? TEH LULZ!)

An older Ivan

And 'cause I was REALLY bored, an afro'd Felix...

And because I wanted to start making battle sprites, I gave Ivan a scythe

Salanewt

Those look pretty interesting, the scythe being my favourite. I will add them to the front post, but I am currently thinking of some way to organize it better.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Most of these looks like plain recolors or minor edits, which I don't think would even qualify as beta-quality...

Salanewt

Hello everyone! Remember how Dark Dawn was just announces yesterday? Well, a few demo videos have since been released, one of which with portraits in it. Taking into consideration these demo portraits, and the character art supplied by Role, I have recreated (to the best of my current ability) a suitable GBA version Matthew portrait (so here it is)!

Matthew

Before I add it to the first post, could a few of you please tell me how it looks? Also, I did not pass the 16 colour limit for Golden Sun 1 and 2, did I?

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

looks amazing thus far dude, better let otehrs comment, im not good with criticism

Salanewt

Sweet, thanks for your input so far Maxi.

Have a nice day.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I'm not all that experienced with sprites and stuff, but something around the eyes looks off to me.

Rolina

Seems fine to me.

Heh, I wouldn't mind having a cameo battle in the CH/Doujin games...