News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Greetings And Good Day!

Started by twocows, 15, March, 2009, 12:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocows

My name's James, I'm 18, and I'm a freshman at Grand Valley State University. I'm pursuing a Computer Science major, and plan to go into IT. I know a little bit of Java, and slightly less HTML. I'm better at fixing software problems than I am at programming, though; hence why I plan to go into IT. I also play the violin and have an interest in philosophy and politics (though I seem to be growing more interested in the former and less interested in the latter).

I am a "hardcore" PC gamer, insomuch as gaming has been my primary hobby for the past decade (I don't participate in any leagues or anything, though). My all-time favorite game is, coincidentally, Golden Sun; after that are LoZ: OoT, StarCraft, and Final Fantasy VII. The most recent games I've completed are Metal Gear Solid and Fallout 3. I currently spend a lot of time playing Left 4 Dead PC (Steam account twocows, community ID twocows360; I'm almost always up for campaign), and slightly less time playing Team Fortress 2.

I'm also interested in some forms of Japanese entertainment (specifically, anime and visual novels); I'm currently following Toradora! and Clannad: After Story (which technically just ended, but there's an extra episode coming up this week). The most recent anime I've watched is Macross Frontier (it was very good, considering I'm not a fan of space or mechs, both of which are featured prominently).

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask; I'll try to answer them.

MaxiPower

Hey dude welcome to the boards...

FF7 sucks however        

Matrim

Charon

Why hello there. Your username is quite epic.

The creator of the editor, Atrius, is going to be leaving for a few months, and since I know next to nothing about GS hacking, I'd say we're going to make very little progress in the next few months XD You can still try out his editor, though.

Actually, I'm a Pokemon hacker...

But welcome! I hope you stay. Make sure you read out Forum Rules and Guidelines. They're not that hard to follow anyhow, and I can tell just by reading your first post that you probably aren't going to be a troublemaker.

Atrius (He/Him)

Welcome to the forums, twocows!

Yeah, I'm gonna be leaving for a while starting tomorrow, sorry.  I hope you'll stick around till I get back.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

twocows

Thanks, everyone!

Quote from: ]FF7 sucks however/quote]
I liked it.

Quote from: ]Your username is quite epic./quote]
Thanks!

Quote from: ]The creator of the editor, Atrius, is going to be leaving for a few months/quote]
Quote from: ]
Yeah, I'm gonna be leaving for a while starting tomorrow, sorry. I hope you'll stick around till I get back.
/quote]
Yeah, I saw the announcement you made. Good luck at boot camp; I know I couldn't handle it (I don't like taking orders). My brother (few years older) is in the Army, though. He might get deployed soon (and to Afghanistan, no less).

Quote from: ]Actually, I'm a Pokemon hacker.../quote]
I actually found my way here because you're a Pokemon hacker. I saw one of your posts somewhere else mention this forum, and I Google'd it.

Quote from: ]Make sure you read out Forum Rules and Guidelines./quote]
All right.

I'll probably stick around regardless of Atrius' absence. Everyone here seems cool, and I'm interested in seeing what happens in the long run anyway.

Zach

yes welcome to the forums!  :MercurySet: