News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

My first attempt at spriting.

Started by Tetsuya the Azure Blade, 12, March, 2010, 06:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

As the title says, it's my first attempt at making a sprite for Golden Sun.
It's an edited sprite that combines parts of Felix (hands), Jenna (body, arms and feet) and Mia (head)

And before you say it. JENNA HAS A MIA HEAD!! RUUUUUUN! There, I said it first!

Salanewt

Seems interesting. If you are planning on expanding to either include more sprites or to make modifications to this one, I would suggest that you either change the hair to purple, or you change the clothes (or just go for different colours altogether). I know that you just copied parts of different characters and put them together (for Frankensun 1), but you could probably use this to expand on more unique characters if you want. You did choose the right parts to put together (though her head is a bit funny looking, mainly due to palette used).

So, overall... Nice first attempt.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Hmm... not bad, though... did you not modify the colors?  Even if you cut and paste, you may still want to tweak it so that the colors work well with it.  It also allows you to change the colors to something that you want, rather than just whatever was there before.  Remember the palette restrictions, though - you can only use color values that are a multiple of 8.

suzumebachi

haha, interesting! I recommend you er, "elaborate" more on this. It's interesting, but nothing really seemed to change about it except Mia's now wearing Jenna's clothes (or something)... perhaps changing the colors, and making them match would help a lot. :)

Rolina

Ah, I see suzu agrees with my suggestion.  It looks like a great start, but you can't just cut and place things, you've gotta make them blend well.  Perhaps give her some Jenna-colored hair, blend in the gloves and stuff... and BAM!  Through the power of ALCHEMY, Mia and Jenna got together and had a kid.

I'm sorry, I won't do it again...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 31, March, 2010, 03:02:54 PM
Mia and Jenna got together and had a kid.
Now that's something that I would LOVE to see! (in a non perverted way, of course)

Rolina

...It's YOUR sprite!  You can make it!

suzumebachi

Yes. As bizarre of a thought that is  :Sweat:

leaf

Quote from: Role on 31, March, 2010, 03:02:54 PM
Through the power of ALCHEMY, Mia and Jenna got together and had a kid.
Mystery third character from GSDS = ...?
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

And DONE! All it needs now is a name...

Youtube video with nice music but squished up sprite:

The sprite itself: