Website coming soon, need writers.
Golden Sun Hacking Community
August 20, 2018, 10:43:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website coming soon, need writers.  (Read 15794 times)
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »

Personally, I'm not a fan of a wiki...

However, a Hack Index would be a good idea.  This would be a place documenting the various hacks.  I figure there'd be a couple overall categories - Remixes and Reworks.

Remixes are basically all we've got right now - they're hacks that keep the story intact, but change things like enemy drops, or perhaps additional areas.
Reworks take the engine and basically make a new game with it.  It could be GS in nature, or it could be something totally different.

We'd also have the top rated in each category show up, but the main point is to give a summary of the hack to give people a better understanding of what to expect when they download it.

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 04:04:06 AM »

For all the people that said they wanted to help, there sure is a lack of applications in my message box.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 05:36:34 AM »

My HTML is waaaay rusty, and sadly, I'm not that great at describing things too well.  Usually takes two or three tries to get the other person to realize what I'm trying to say.  Sad, really...

But I can make suggestions.  Like I said, I'm not a big fan of a Wiki.  I mean... what would we say?  No, leave the wiki to GSU's wiki.  Instead, we should have a comprehensive Hack index, which goes in depth into what you can find in each of the hacks available for download.  It could be done wiki-like, sure, but I think it's something we should have.  That way, people can make an informed decision as to what downloads they want to use and which ones they wanna pass on.

Not everyone wants a crazy hard hack, after all.  Likewise, some people may want to play a new game, rather than a remake of the old game.  That guide idea can help people figure out which ones are the right ones for them.

As for the actual website, though... I ain't gotta clue as to how it should be done.  I can help with colors and all, and maybe some suggestions as to arrange it in a more user-friendly fashion, but...

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 05:54:16 AM »

The idea is to keep it as integrated with the forums as possible, so it's going to pull it's style straight from the forum's themes matching with whichever one the user has selected.

Knowledge of HTML is not needed to apply.

The Hack index would be nice if we had the time & willingness to play through each and every hack submitted.  No, it's up to the creator to properly describe, and advertise their hack in it's description when they upload it to the download system, which I eventually want to redesign to give it more of that hack index feel you want.  It does still depend a lot on the creators knowing how to advertise their submissions, but I'd like to add a review system as well so other people can help them out some if they feel the need.  It would also be nice to maybe do monthly hack awards if we ever have enough activity to justify it, and most underrated hack listings every so often for good ones that get overlooked.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 06:03:39 AM »

Oh, that's cool.  I agree with the review system as well.  Not just a ratings system, though, but a fully fledged review system.  You cannot rate it without writing a review - this way we don't have people spamming bad or good ratings just because they can.

Also... not sure about monthly.  Quarterly sounds more reasonable, until the v1.0 comes out.  When it's out, we should be able to do a LOT more, so it'd be much easier to get these things out there.

I mean, I've got three hacks I wanna work on:  The Community Hack, my Personal Hack, and my GS:LAR project.  But until we get at least to V0.3, I really can't do much with them.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 08:33:18 PM »

I have a question or two...

1. Will we be able to see the options from underneath out avatar(s) (under the banner) on the website?

2. How many people have applied? From what it sounds, nobody seems to have the time to help out.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Silly me, I already know the answer to question 1 (and they are still at the top).

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 03:27:36 AM »

I've only received one application so far.

For all you people who said you wanted to help, I can't really trust you to submit anything if you're too lazy to send in an application, can I?

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »

I can aid in writing anything not actually hacking related (haven't really been doing much anyways), such as main site sections. I also can serve as a proofreader for all sections.
View Profile
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 03:59:30 PM »

Hm... I would apply, but there are two problems: 1) I'm still not entirely sure what we'll be writing (if it's gonna be stuff like the application, I'd rather just leave that to the wiki-ites, since it seems much more appropriate for that kind of thing anyway), and 2) I'm somewhat lazy. If I could get #1 clarified, #2 might solve itself, though =p

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 02:11:59 AM »

At the moment I just want to set up some basic information on the games themselves, as well as the editor.  I'm not really looking for gigantic walls of text that describe everything in detail like you would see in a wiki, just a paragraph or two that serves as a brief overview.  I do not want theoretical, or opinionated articles right now.  Perhaps after the basics are up we can expand into in-depth articles relating to hacking the games, but for now I really just want to focus on getting some basic information on them, and editor up there.

View Profile WWW
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 05:48:45 PM »

Eh... I think I'll pass for now. I take on too many projects as it is. I might be interested in helping out later, though.

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Mastermind
trans queers for satan

she/they

Coins: 0

I am: meh

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 08:05:59 PM »

I'll help if I can, but I'm not the kind of person that can do data entry for extended periods of time. I have basic HTML knowledge, but anything that requires improvisation will be beyond me.
View Profile
Tetsuya the Azure Blade
The Shadow Fang
Luna Clan

Kick your @#$, that's what I'm gonna do.

Great Member

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »

Umm... Ya don't need to know HTML to apply, y'know.
View Profile
Mastermind
trans queers for satan

she/they

I am: meh

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 08:23:39 PM »

I know, but I figured that even if it wasn't required, it might help. Less work for the main programmers, right?
View Profile
Atrius
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »

The website uses php coding, just basic html knowledge wouldn't be quite enough.

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
August 02, 2018, 07:42:12 PM
Caledor: patch for TLA uploaded again cause i forgot to update descriptions for 3 shields
August 02, 2018, 01:16:14 AM
Caledor: Don't want to triple post so I'll just announce here that v1.71 is out. I updated my last post.
July 29, 2018, 12:18:00 PM
KyleRunner: Let me see...
July 28, 2018, 08:12:34 PM
Fox: What value do you see at 08000468? (Or 00000468 in hex editor)  0801319D or 08F9EE50?
July 28, 2018, 07:11:11 PM
KyleRunner: "there is an easy fix by changing a pointer back to what it was suppose to be"... Hmmm... How?
July 27, 2018, 10:11:06 AM
Fox: Bootleg*
July 27, 2018, 10:09:03 AM
Fox: There are two ROMs that can be found on the internet, one may have the MEGAROMs boot load stuff. (So not truely clean.) ... If you get a screen while booting the game and holding L+R (I think it was?), then you know you have it, and your ROM is not truely "clean"... it is unfortunate, but there is an easy fix by changing a pointer back to what it was suppose to be..
July 27, 2018, 05:10:13 AM
MaxiPower: Hello World
July 25, 2018, 11:09:23 PM
KyleRunner: Well... here's The problem that needs solving: my GSTLA translation patch only works on a clean rom, with specific CRC. 
July 25, 2018, 07:59:37 PM
Fox: I am not sure I understand? If there was such a program to "clean" a dirty ROM dump, what exactly would it do?
July 25, 2018, 12:37:42 PM
KyleRunner: Hello, guys. Could someone teach me how to "clean" a dirty Golden Sun rom dump? Is there a program or something?
July 25, 2018, 01:37:40 AM
Atrius: @Fox, yeah... I was expecting it to take 2 weeks at most...
July 25, 2018, 12:03:01 AM
Majora: Yes, I believe so. Think they were made public a while ago prior to the site issue
July 24, 2018, 08:26:45 PM
Luna_blade: is it normal that I can see all clans?
July 24, 2018, 08:25:41 PM
Luna_blade: Nice to see it is back!
July 23, 2018, 11:01:36 PM
Fox: Yes. I was expecting it to be a little while longer, but it is great to see that Atrius delivered.
July 23, 2018, 02:30:46 AM
Majora: Thank you for getting the site back online!
July 21, 2018, 09:19:06 PM
Salanewt: Time to upload that "EXP gain when KO'd" patch I made a month ago.
July 21, 2018, 09:18:48 PM
Salanewt: Oh hey, the site's back up!
July 18, 2018, 10:49:52 PM
roger: I can post but it goes to an error page when I submit.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise