News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Website coming soon, need writers.

Started by Atrius, 02, April, 2010, 11:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

I have a question or two...

1. Will we be able to see the options from underneath out avatar(s) (under the banner) on the website?

2. How many people have applied? From what it sounds, nobody seems to have the time to help out.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Silly me, I already know the answer to question 1 (and they are still at the top).
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

I've only received one application so far.

For all you people who said you wanted to help, I can't really trust you to submit anything if you're too lazy to send in an application, can I?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

I can aid in writing anything not actually hacking related (haven't really been doing much anyways), such as main site sections. I also can serve as a proofreader for all sections.

leaf

Hm... I would apply, but there are two problems: 1) I'm still not entirely sure what we'll be writing (if it's gonna be stuff like the application, I'd rather just leave that to the wiki-ites, since it seems much more appropriate for that kind of thing anyway), and 2) I'm somewhat lazy. If I could get #1 clarified, #2 might solve itself, though =p
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

At the moment I just want to set up some basic information on the games themselves, as well as the editor.  I'm not really looking for gigantic walls of text that describe everything in detail like you would see in a wiki, just a paragraph or two that serves as a brief overview.  I do not want theoretical, or opinionated articles right now.  Perhaps after the basics are up we can expand into in-depth articles relating to hacking the games, but for now I really just want to focus on getting some basic information on them, and editor up there.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

leaf

Eh... I think I'll pass for now. I take on too many projects as it is. I might be interested in helping out later, though.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Mastermind

I'll help if I can, but I'm not the kind of person that can do data entry for extended periods of time. I have basic HTML knowledge, but anything that requires improvisation will be beyond me.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Umm... Ya don't need to know HTML to apply, y'know.

Mastermind

I know, but I figured that even if it wasn't required, it might help. Less work for the main programmers, right?

Atrius (He/Him)

The website uses php coding, just basic html knowledge wouldn't be quite enough.

Mastermind

All right, although if you talk to me in a few years I'll know php (It's on my list after C+).

Griever

Well guys shouldn't we try to revive this topic again? It's sad to see our HOME page so empty ... except for what Atrius post often.

I know it's not really my business but i thought since this topic was forgotten we might need to give it a small push.

BTW Atrius ... should i try my application again? or not?

Charon

I've been thinking about it, but I'm not sure what I want to do. I might want to write some entries on different characters though.

Atrius (He/Him)

Yeah... I really let the website fall through the cracks, didn't I?

The home page is meant to be a brief overview of what's going on in the community.  It shows the latest news post, and 4 newest downloads at the moment.  If you have ideas of other things to add it'd be appreciated, but all static information will be going somewhere else.

As far as applications go I wasn't particularly impressed by any in the first bunch.  Reasons include the writer completely ignoring what I asked for, spelling/grammatical errors, incorrect facts, or the writing style just wasn't what I was looking for.  I recall intending to send critiques to some applicants to steer them in the right direction, but for whatever reason never got around to it.

I believe what we ultimately decided for the site was to stick with just brief descriptions of the games & characters, and focus more on details that might be helpful with hacking the games.  Information such as animation variables for abilities, and other in depth stuff you wouldn't typically find at other Golden Sun fan sites.

Griever

QuoteYeah... I really let the website fall through the cracks, didn't I?

That's a bit too much ..... since you wasn't impressed by the applications so i do not really think the blame falls on you.

QuoteAs far as applications go I wasn't particularly impressed by any in the first bunch.  Reasons include the writer completely ignoring what I asked for, spelling/grammatical errors, incorrect facts, or the writing style just wasn't what I was looking for.  I recall intending to send critiques to some applicants to steer them in the right direction, but for whatever reason never got around to it.

This would be a problem .... since i don't think you got that many in the first place. And i do suggest that you try to send critiques, this would actually help since we do not want to have bad writers for the website do we?

QuoteI believe what we ultimately decided for the site was to stick with just brief descriptions of the games & characters, and focus more on details that might be helpful with hacking the games.  Information such as animation variables for abilities, and other in depth stuff you wouldn't typically find at other Golden Sun fan sites.

True i do not recall any fan sites having information about the psynergy and there animations ... that would actually be really cool for our website.

Sorry if this was a bother for you ><

Charon

There's quite a few people on the forum who have conducted lists, especially Salanewt, about a year ago. Although old, it would still be useful.

Crystal Sonata

I would like to apply for making some item and weapon lists....Dont know how helpful that would be though....
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Crystal Sonata

Ok i posted 12 days ago so i think a bumping post will be ok. if not just delete it. Apparently my post wasnt seen so ill post it again:

I would like to apply for making some item and weapon lists....Dont know how helpful that would be though....
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

Atrius (He/Him)

Ah, sorry I meant to reply to it, but got busy and completely forgot.

Most of the information like that will be ripped directly from the game's data.

Crystal Sonata