News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Separating Felix/Isaac's and Sheba/Ivan's Base Class (Please Do Not Lock)

Started by Zach, 03, April, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

So earlier today, I was browsing through some topics (to pass time) when I stopped to read the Elemental Levels topic. After reading it, a thought had set in: What if I changed Felix's or Isaac's, and/or Sheba's or Ivan's elemental levels? I thought that if I changed that, then I could separate them. Well, it half-way works. However, I will not be certain if I succeeded until I test it on ALL 4 of them (which will probably take up my Spring Break <.<).

ACCEPTING ANY HELP OFFERED!

NOTE: To those who will be helping, this chart will help for you to remember what base class is what
Class editor, top value.
1 = Isaac and Felix base class.
2 = Garet base class
6 = Mia base class
7 = Ivan and Sheba base class.
12 = NPC class
13 = Jenna base class
14 = Piers base class
15 = If Mysterious Card is equipped
16 = If Tamer Whip is equipped
17 = If Necronomicon is equipped.

EDIT: Please post ahead of time what section you will be doing. This will save us from having multiple ppl working on the same thing. When you do tackle that section, make you test it with each element set at a base element AND make you test it with each djinni (9 of 1 type of djinni preferably) (to see if we can get the desired class). To sum it up, 4 base elements X 4 djinni types = 16 tests <.< PER CLASS.

Also, Role, please do not lock this. When I actually have all the results, I will post it to the class topic, 'kay? Thanks :D

Results (So far): If a base class is taken from another character, then that character will become a NPC when ALL are set

Example: Let's say I have Isaac set to Guard series as his base class, as a result, Garet will become a NPC when ALL are set since Isaac (and Felix) "stole" his base class.

-----
Isaac :Isaac:
-----

Base Element:  :VenusDjinni:
-------------------

Squire
------

Venus-------------->Mars--------------->Jupiter--------------->Mercury

Squire(0-1)..............Squire(0).................Squire(0)....................Squire(0)   
Knight(2-3)..............Brute(1)..................Apprentice(1)..............Swordsman(1)
Gallant(4-5).............Ruffian(2-3).............Illusionist(2-3).............Defender(2-3)   
Lord(6-7)................Savage(4)................Enchanter(4-5)............Cavalier(4-5)
Slayer(8-9).............Barbarian(5-9)...........Shaman(6-9)...............Shaman(6-9)

Base Element:  :MarsDjinni:
-------------------

Number indicates how many are on Standby

Squire
------

Guard(0)..................Guard(0-1)..............Guard(0)....................Guard(0)   
Brute(1)...................Soldier(2-3).............Page(1).....................Swordsman(1)
Ruffian(2-3)..............Warrior(4-5)............Illusionist(2-3).............Defender(2-3)   
Savage(4)................Champion(6-7).........Enchanter(4-5)............Cavalier(4-5)
Barbarian(5-9)...........Hero(8-9)...............Ascetic(6-9)................Ascetic(6-9)

Guard
-----

Venus--------------->Mars--------------->Jupiter--------------->Mercury

NPC(0)......................NPC(0-9)................NPC(0).......................NPC(0)   
Brute(1)....................N/A........................Page(1).....................Swordsman(1)
Ruffian(2-3)...............N/A........................Illusionist(2-3)............Defender(2-3)   
Savage(4).................N/A........................Enchanter(4-5)...........Cavalier(4-5)
Barbarian(5-9)............N/A........................Ascetic(6-9)..............Ascetic(6-9)

Wind Seer
----------

Guard(0)..................Guard(0-1)..............Guard(0)....................Guard(0)   
Brute(1)...................Soldier(2-3).............Page(1).....................Swordsman(1)
Ruffian(2-3)..............Warrior(4-5)............Illusionist(2-3).............Defender(2-3)   
Savage(4)................Champion(6-7).........Enchanter(4-5)............Cavalier(4-5)
Barbarian(5-9)...........Hero(8-9)...............Ascetic(6-9)................Ascetic(6-9)

Water Seer
-----------

Base Element:  :JupiterDjinni:
-------------------
Base Element:  :MercuryDjinni:
-------------------

Zach

Reserved for Garet

Zach

Reserved for Ivan

Zach

Reserved for Piers

Zach

Zach

Zach

Zach

Salanewt

Okay. I have managed to separate Felix from Isaac somewhat successfully. I can get the NPC class, but it is a bit difficult to explain right now (and can be fixed with slightly altered element requirements for a class, or with a new class). I did have to change the requirements of the Swordsman group to get this to work better.

Felix: Swordsman
:Venus:: 4
:Mercury:: 2

To get the NPC class for Felix, it seems that I need 3+ Jupiter djinn, but only if none of his other element levels are 5+ (except for Mercury, because he will just go to the class above his base). Of course, I only have 4 Jupiter djinn to test with right now, but I can get other classes by having three of them equipped with one other djinni.

I can currently get these classes (which reminds me to do some more editing with classes):

Dragoon
Illusionist
Savage
Ruffain
Shaman
NPC

Almost every combination of djinn gets me a legitimate class, unless I give Felix too many Jupiter djinn. He still has the requirements to be a Swordsman, but I think having too many djinn set overrides the base requirements, even if they give you glitched classes.

Edit: Something like that...

Have a nice day.

Edit 2: I suppose I could help with Felix.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 03, April, 2010, 11:12:09 PM
Okay. I have managed to separate Felix from Isaac somewhat successfully. I can get the NPC class, but it is a bit difficult to explain right now (and can be fixed with slightly altered element requirements for a class, or with a new class). I did have to change the requirements of the Swordsman group to get this to work better.

Felix: Swordsman
:Venus:: 4
:Mercury:: 2

To get the NPC class for Felix, it seems that I need 3+ Jupiter djinn, but only if none of his other element levels are 5+ (except for Mercury, because he will just go to the class above his base). Of course, I only have 4 Jupiter djinn to test with right now, but I can get other classes by having three of them equipped with one other djinni.

I can currently get these classes (which reminds me to do some more editing with classes):

Dragoon
Illusionist
Savage
Ruffain
Shaman
NPC

Almost every combination of djinn gets me a legitimate class, unless I give Felix too many Jupiter djinn. He still has the requirements to be a Swordsman, but I think having too many djinn set overrides the base requirements, even if they give you glitched classes.

Edit: Something like that...

Have a nice day.

It seems like whenever we reach 5 (of the same djinni), it'll start branching out to other classes o.O

Salanewt

Even before then, since Dragoon does not have any requirements of 5 djinn+, and Ruffain/Savage already has the required Venus djinn (and requires fewer Mars). We can probably fix the ability to get the NPC class by adding a new class/class set which requires more Jupiter djinn (or edit existing classes). I think that unless element levels are the same (or all current levels are required for a class), the higher level overrides the lower? This might be why Felix can be an NPC with the Swordsman requirements (with having a Mercury level of 2, but 3+ Jupiter to become an NPC).

One problem (for some people) that exists with this method is that Felix is not purely one element (I am fine with this, but I know that other people favour the mono-element adepts). Another seems to be that it is harder to change his class at a lower stage in the game (but can quickly be done after a certain point).

Have a nice day.

Edit: And this also explains why Felix can not become a Brute. His Mercury level is higher than his current Mars level, so the Mars djinni is ignored (because it is not required to be a Swordsman).

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

When it comes to priority the chart goes as follows (IIRC):

Item, Base, Non-Base

However, when you talk about other classes, IDK. Back to what you were saying, it's possible that the one with the higher might take priority first OR they might just cancel out like you just said. Technically, all of the characters are naturally NOT mono type since the other values are set from 1-3 (but that still counts as mono-element) in my book. 

Salanewt

True enough. Still find it strange that the Jupiter djinn override my Mercury level though, but I do have an untested theory? You know that first unknown number on the bottom of the class editor menu? Perhaps it also helps for class priority in some way (I seriously doubt it, but...)? Otherwise, that number should be read as two separate bytes instead of a short (possibly?).

Anyway, I am going to do a bit more testing with Felix soon (I will be quite busy tomorrow, and I also want to finish some more scythe sprites for Sheba). I am going to play through my hack normally, and then I will see if there are any other glitch possibilities or inaccessible classes (for which I can access the higher versions).

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

seems to me that priority goes: Item -> non-base -> base, because even with 8 venus Djinn, Felix will still become an epic fail class if given 1 djinni of any other element.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

We already have this topic, guys...

It's the class system topic that's STICKIED TO THE TOP.  The whole point of finding out how to work it is to separate Felix and Sheba, as well as give the whole of their team their own non-base classes.

Zach

I know, but the reason I didn't post it in that topic, because this will have massive results <.<. But don't fret Role, it WILL get posted in that topic (as I promised in the first post :D)

Rolina

Massive results?  Then why not share it in the TOPIC IT WAS MEANT TO BE SHARED IN?!  Mou... if I still could, I'd so merge the crap out of this topic. >_>

Atrius (He/Him)

I really don't think you'll need all those reserved posts, I'm making a couple disappear.  If you really need them later on I'll put them back.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]