News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Obama Passes Health Care

Started by thenightsshadow, 22, March, 2010, 03:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

There's a difference between a Religious Person and a Religious Zealot.  Religious People know it's just a game.  The Zealots, on the other hand, are extremist idiots who scream EVIL! just because there's a class called Wizard and magic is a game mechanic.  I, a religious person, try not to associate myself with the Zealot types.  Please, do not confuse the two of us.

It'd be the same thing as saying that all the muslims in the world exist to blow up buildings in jihad, or that all athiests are about is trying to bash religion.  Most muslims and athiests are decent people.  It's the extremist freaks on the fringe that cause the problems.  And sadly, they're all you hear about.

Christianity, like any other religion, is not immune to crazies.

Ninja Steve

:um:
For once we agree on something.

inb4UniverseAsplodes

also, what gets me the most is that my dad played the game for an indeterminate amount of time, and THEN decided it was evil afterward.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: Ninja Steve on 30, March, 2010, 03:07:32 PM
For once we agree on something.

inb4UniverseAsplodes

also, what gets me the most is that my dad played the game for an indeterminate amount of time, and THEN decided it was evil afterward.
Let me guess:  He got a critical failure on a rope grab check and had a jerk GM who wouldn't allow his level 9 Rogue to somehow not plummet to her death?  That's why I hate the d20 system...

Ninja Steve

Eh, I'd just get Raise Dead'd afterward. Nah, I'm gonna blame my mother, whom my dad said nearly strangled me after the one time they found out I had played D&D.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Rolina

Uggh, mine's the same way.  Not just with D&D, but with Final Fantasy, too.  Get this - she has no problems with GTA, though.  At least, she's not raised hell about my little brother having it.  But FF?  Oh, that's not allowed under the same roof.

Ninja Steve

My parents started to not care as much after I left (I talk about FF all the time and they don't care, though they've mentioned they don't like it before). I'm still fairly certain talking about D&D is suicide, though.
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 30, March, 2010, 03:29:01 PM
Uggh, mine's the same way.  Not just with D&D, but with Final Fantasy, too.  Get this - she has no problems with GTA, though.  At least, she's not raised hell about my little brother having it.  But FF?  Oh, that's not allowed under the same roof.
Maybe that's why she threw all your games in the trash O.o
Did you ever find another copy of Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis?
Well, I don't have that problem, as my family aren't the religous type......
The only time I've been to church was when I christened! (lol)
Waa-aa-aiii-iit!!! Your mom doesn't let you play Finalfantasy!?!?!?! How many years has she been living under a rock?

Rolina

That's not all, she doens't let us watch POWER RANGERS of all things, either.  My Dad doesn't care, so long a my mom's not in the house, but if she is, he fears her wrath, so he enforces her rules...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Wow, your life must suck as much as mine, no Power Rangers..... I bet she doesn't like you reading Oto x Maho too..... What's next, no tmnt? no anime? no Golden Sun? Sounds like someone needs a new mom, I hear they're goin' cheap on ebay! You'd best lock all your games anime dvds and mangas in a closet with loadsa locks on untill you move out, then ^_^

EDIT: What about Touhou? I bet your mom's really pissed about you playing that, considering everyone fights with magic in those games.....

Ninja Steve

I'm beginning to notice a trend of evil mothers....
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Rolina

Anime and Manga are banned from under the roof, but try as she might, she can't enforce it.  My little sister's a big time anime fan, and my mother admitted defeat.

As for power rangers... has she SEEN the show?  After looking back on the old episodes, I didn't get nostalgia from when I snuck episodes... I got:  "...Wait, I LIKED this stuff?!"  If it wasn't against the rules, who knows, maybe I'd have found it lame then, too!