News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Erik the Wikinator's visit

Started by Erik the Appreciator, 11, April, 2010, 03:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik the Appreciator

Greetings! I would love to think that I'm already known in the GS community because I also post on the Temple of Kraden and edit the Golden Sun wiki. 8D I decided to visit because I had just completed a large enemy rebalancing hack of GS:TLA and felt it warranted being uploaded here officially, and I've had enough time with the version 2.0 ROM editor that now I feel I can make my most constructive suggestions for the editor whenever I feel like. While I doubt I'm actually going to be an active member here beyond that, well you never know. ^_^

I'm gonna want to find out where or if I have the ability to upload into this site's download system, or if I have to rely on my MediaFire account...

MaxiPower

Welcome, Your name is indeed familiar so welcome to the site. There is a new upload feature somewhere lol dedicated to uploading patches, I personally haven't used it.

So again Welcome

Atrius (He/Him)

Good to see you here Erik, welcome to my little community, GSHC, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

It's the "Downloads" tab in the links bar, any member should be able to upload to it though there's a 10MB limit for files.  That shouldn't be a problem with the majority of patches, though.  That is unless they change EVERYTHING in the game.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Erik the Appreciator

Um, I spent about 20 minutes checking the Downloads tab page in the links bar, but I can't find any "uploads" or "submit" button or option anywhere on the page. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for that is because the forum does not show that for those who have just registered, though... :/

EDIT: For now, I'll make my topic in the Golden Sun Hacking section and link to where they're uploaded on MediaFire.

RTGreece21

Quote from: Erik the Appreciator on 11, April, 2010, 04:11:49 PM
Um, I spent about 20 minutes checking the Downloads tab page in the links bar, but I can't find any "uploads" or "submit" button or option anywhere on the page. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for that is because the forum does not show that for those who have just registered, though... :/

Well, keep going into the folders or whatever until you reach wherever your patch will fit in. Instead of "reply" or anything like that, there should be "add a download". I think you use that... I've never tried it either though. :Sweat:
:Felix:
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Atrius (He/Him)

Once you go into the category you want to upload it to there should be an "Add A Download" option along the top of the page like the "Reply" button in topics.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Erik the Appreciator

Oh, okay - from the page in the Download tab where all the top-rated hacks are, you have to enter the Rom Hacks category lower down, then in the next page, select Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I had gotten confused because I thought the add a download feature would have been on the first page of the Download Tab itself, so thanks. ^_^

Salanewt

Hello, and welcome to the Golden Sun Hacking Community! As long as you follow the rules, you should have fun!

As for your hack... That is a lot of effort for a hack, wow. I did something similar, but I did not do as much work as you did. I will enjoy trying it out though.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

^PASTE-IN MESSAGE IS PASTE-IN.

And hello. Pay no mind to the "sudo-mod" over there. Leave the crazy guy alone and maybe he'll leave you alone. But... maybe not.

*is shot... twice*

And beware the local Youkai of Darkness. She'll eat you. But only if I cook you first!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: peopleA new member is here!~

Sou Nanoka~~~?

Aile~♥

^OTHER PASTE-IN MESSAGE IS ALSO PASTE-IN!!!

leaf

Hello and welcome to the GSHC.

@jamie: I think you mean "pseudo," not "sudo"
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

Yes yes yes, I had an idiot moment by proving I can't even spell while insulting someone, thus making me look like a troll.

Fun, right?

Cerulyth

This is an automated greeting.  For the typical response, please press 1.  For the oddball response, please press 2.  For something that will likely scar you for life and deter you from ever returning here, please press 3 followed by the pound sign.  If you feel you have dialed the wrong number, please hang up and call your nearest shrink.  Thank you and have a nice day.