News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

What is your ideal system at the moment

Started by MaxiPower, 14, April, 2010, 09:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Like I said in the (instant messaging thingy) I was a fan of the SNES because it had far more and superior games than the sega megadrive (genesis) however now Nintendos new system does nothing for me. I have all 3 current gen consoles and the 360 is what I use most, despite its flaws, the RROD etc. it is the system that i enjoy most as Online gaming is more important to me that anything else atm, being able to voice chat with friends with ease is the main factor.

What current gen are most of you using, i know there are a few Wii heads about here, any PS3 users?

Salanewt

Overall, I prefer Nintendo. One major problem is that the newer systems do not have as many gems as the older ones (another reason why the SNES is also one of my favourites). I mean, it is kind of sad when a game is made based on a cartoon character/mascot for a bread company. What, is the Superbread Man going to beat calories up? Is he going to force-feed people his crappy bread?

I do like the different capabilities of the Wii, but Nintendo for the most part has failed to use them to their advantage. As for the DS, it seems that this is their main focus right now.

I hate *aystation and **xbox, but only for two reasons...

1: No Yoshi...
2: Nintendo's customer service is so friendly... At least for where I live.

Of course, I am biased for gaming companies... All it took for Nintendo to win me over were Mario/Yoshi and Zelda games.

Have a nice day.

Edit: As for Sega... They have some gems too, but I was too young when they were popular (and only really grew up with Nintendo).
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I have an xbox but I used to have a playstation but my little brother broke it, so that's 600 bucks down the crapper......

I think nintedos new console's name fits it 'cause it must be called the Wii (Wii> Wee> Pee> P**s>) 'cause it pisses people off with it's crappy graphics and lack of good games, stupid motion sensitive BS and those damn casual gamers >.<

Salanewt

QuoteI think nintedos new console's name fits it 'cause it must be called the Wii (Wii> Wee> Pee> P**s>) 'cause it pisses people off with it's crappy graphics and lack of good games, stupid motion sensitive BS and those damn casual gamers >.<

While graphics don't make a game (why do so many people think they do?), I am sure that today's technology is limited enough to prevent better graphics and motion sensing (though the graphics are much better than, say... Nintendo 64). To be honest though, would graphics that emulate real life look good in a Mario game?

And yeah, some games for casual gamers are good, but there should be a healthy mix of casual and fun games (which is why I rarely buy games, even though I do want a few now). The reason why I hate Playstation is because I (for the life of me) can never remember what the stupid symbols mean, and can not get my hands around the controllers. As for Xbox... Meh. Besides, for Internet... I have a computer for a reason.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

When did I ever say that graphics make a game?

Quotesome games for casual gamers are good
And what might those games be? Because I've never seen a good casual game in my life.

Atrius (He/Him)

Technology has nothing to do with why the Wii's graphics are the way they are.  Nintendo's goal was to build an affordable family oriented (casual gamer) console.  To keep costs down they stuck with a cheap graphics chip.

With casual games, the only good ones I've played have been designed for multiplayer mainly.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Salanewt on 14, April, 2010, 02:58:50 PM
QuoteI think nintedos new console's name fits it 'cause it must be called the Wii (Wii> Wee> Pee> P**s>) 'cause it pisses people off with it's crappy graphics and lack of good games, stupid motion sensitive BS and those damn casual gamers >.<

While graphics don't make a game (why do so many people think they do?), I am sure that today's technology is limited enough to prevent better graphics and motion sensing (though the graphics are much better than, say... Nintendo 64). To be honest though, would graphics that emulate real life look good in a Mario game?

And yeah, some games for casual gamers are good, but there should be a healthy mix of casual and fun games (which is why I rarely buy games, even though I do want a few now). The reason why I hate Playstation is because I (for the life of me) can never remember what the stupid symbols mean, and can not get my hands around the controllers. As for Xbox... Meh. Besides, for Internet... I have a computer for a reason.

Have a nice day.

What symbols on the PS are you talking about, the triangle square X and O? Whilst graphics dont make a game, they are to be expected and yearly they are getting more important... Years ago when games looked awful with the blatant polygons. people were more invested with the game-play, but now because the graphics are life like it is an important aspect because many people including myself wanna see how far they can go. A factor in gaming that i hold in higher regards than both game-play and graphics and whether the game immerses you in the gaming world, A feat no game has done for me until now.

growing up i loved watching Westerns, In particular the Clint Eastwood "Man With no Name" trilogy... I wanted to be Clint Eastwood lol And in little over a month a game "Red Dead Redemption"  is gonna redefine the way i look at games both online and offline. So yes graphics's is a major selling point... not in all games but i couldn't see myself being this excited for a game that was on the Wii... I did grow up with a Snes and an Atari 2600 so i do appreciate some games that would make younger gamers sick anyone remember the atari 2600 game kung fu master

anyway some RDR trailers

Offline Teaser - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMxSUGZ6TU

Online Teaser - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jgPSYtTFCI

Rolina

DS.  I'm a handheld fangirl.
PC comes in second, even if I don't have a good gaming PC yet.
PS2 is next
PS3 is next
PSP is after that

What do I like the least?

XBox 360.  Why would I want a system with a 55% failure rate that plays games I'm better off getting on my PC anyways?

Menaus

PS3, I'm a Uncharted 2 fanboy,
PC comes in second, even if I don't have a good gaming PC yet.
Wii
DS
PSP is second to last.

And I dont like the Xbox 360, even though it just got a slim version that is supposedly whisper quiet, and supposedly small failure rate, I still dont think I have money in live
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla