News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Serpent has a lower HP limit?

Started by Aile~♥, 15, April, 2010, 09:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

I think it might be because Serpent 7 does not use Serpent's data, so Serpent 7 is not technically a part of that scripted battle (and the other Serpent's do). Of course, Atrius is currently the only one who can prove/disprove my thought (*que hint*). Anyway, one way to get around that in the future could be to raise Serpent's defence to an extreme level, and then change his multiplier to heal more (unless we can get around the 9999 HP limit).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

If they're doing what I think they're doing, modifying defense will do NOTHING.  They're making psynergy and the like do thousands of damage, right?  Spell-type Psynergy ignores defense.  Raising defense will do nothing.  Why else do you think it is that in late game physical attacks do very little to you compared to psynergetic and other base damage attacks?

Aile~♥

No, they don't do "thousands of damage", just around 1750 to a single target at that point in the game.

On the other hand, a basic attack from anyone with a decent attack stat (read: anyone but Sheba) can do around 800-1000 at this point as well.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Yeah, that'd be thousands of damage right there.  That's a 4 turn win on ANY BOSS IN THE GAME right there, buddy.  8 turn if you modify HP to the max.  And you said it yourself - that mid-level psynergy right there.  Not even the strong stuff yet.

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Atrius (He/Him)

The reason the limit is 32767 is because the value is stored as a signed 16 bit integer in the game's data.  The amount of values you can store in an integer on a computer is equal to 2^n, where n represents the number of bits used.  So for a 16 bit integer, 2^16 = 65536, but it's a signed integer so half of those values are negative, so we divide it by 2 to get 32768, minus another one to represent 0 gives you 32767.  It's just the limitation of the format the values are stored in, it was impossible to avoid back in the early days of video games.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao