Warning of a Hacker going around GS communities
Golden Sun Hacking Community
August 20, 2018, 10:43:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning of a Hacker going around GS communities  (Read 8799 times)
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 03:39:38 AM »

Well, if our Admin would actually get on and put this where it's supposed to be, or maybe if my power wasn't taken from me to begin with, this could have been put in an area where people could see it.

Can you really blame me if I'm stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere with no internet access for nearly a week?

It's worth mentioning that I have direct access to the source code, and mySQL database for our forums unlike at zetaboards where AoW, and ToK are hosted.  If an incident like what happened at ToK in the past occurs here I'll have a lot more access to do something about it than they did.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 06:50:14 AM »

Perhaps instead of panicking we could request the user's IP and block it...
Well yes, I had a list, but people with actual power were nowhere to be found.  If you'd like, I can run grab it and PM it to you again, but remember that IPBanning isn't a surefire way to take someone down. 

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 03:00:46 PM »

Now now, it's difficult for us to get on - we may consider a global mod to monitor the area due to our inactivity *cough*

A list of IPs would be great. Any protection is better than none (I managed to already block one of the IPs, courtesy of Dracobolt).
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 03:24:08 PM »

Now now, it's difficult for us to get on - we may consider a global mod to monitor the area due to our inactivity *cough*

A list of IPs would be great. Any protection is better than none (I managed to already block one of the IPs, courtesy of Dracobolt).
>_>

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »

Role, I'm currently considering a GM canidate, but I need to get an all clear with Atrius first... I'm considering you among one of them, but am hesitant because you did break a rule (ROM linking) which is punishable with banment. We did go easy on you but I'm not sure whether or not I should ease up at the moment.

But why not just list the IPs? Really, if you know them, just give them to us. I'll be on and off until 2:30 pm.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:16:27 PM by Corvidae » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »

I broke an unwritten rule.  In otherwords, what I THOUGHT was okay turned out to not be the case.  Oh freaking well.  Not my fault the rules weren't clear.  It said don't post roms.  I didn't post a rom. No rule was broken, even if the original rule was supposed to include it.  The fact remains that it said nothing of the sort, and I got slammed and made an example out of for breaking, let me repeat, and unwritten part of that rule.

As for the IPs, it's a start, but it's not all.  I'll be back after I run some errands, and it'll be probably later than that unless I get lucky with bus timing.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 07:09:02 PM »

As for the IPs, it's a start, but it's not all.
But why not just list the IPs?

The problem with IP adresses is that they can be changed (even by the user of the computer). I am not sure if there is a permanent IP address which is seen on websites, or if all saved IP addresses on the computer can be scanned, but just going by the current one being used would probably not help much if the said hacker knows how to change it effectively (and can still get it to work, unlike when I was trying it out).

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 08:23:09 PM »

Yeah, it's just as Sala said.  Many people use what's called a Dynamic IP.  I myself am one of them - even if you ban one IP, all the other ones my ISP provides me for my IP Address can get through.

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 09:18:19 PM »

Sigh, I understand that, if we have access to them we could at least make it more difficult, that's what I mean.
View Profile
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 09:31:30 PM »

Even when people have dynamic IP addresses, unless if they're using proxies, there's usually a pattern to them, so knowing one might tell you who to keep an eye on.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

Clan Position: Master Healer of Mercury

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »

Ok can you guys PM me the IP's because i have someone on my forum who seems similar and i just want to maybe check my bases. any other info would be helpful. Signed up yesterday, but i havent finished investigating his ip and everything so i havent activated him yet. Just standard procedure on my forum.

EDIT: The reason he was picked for a full investigation is because one of my admins requested it. wouldnt tell me why.

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
August 02, 2018, 07:42:12 PM
Caledor: patch for TLA uploaded again cause i forgot to update descriptions for 3 shields
August 02, 2018, 01:16:14 AM
Caledor: Don't want to triple post so I'll just announce here that v1.71 is out. I updated my last post.
July 29, 2018, 12:18:00 PM
KyleRunner: Let me see...
July 28, 2018, 08:12:34 PM
Fox: What value do you see at 08000468? (Or 00000468 in hex editor)  0801319D or 08F9EE50?
July 28, 2018, 07:11:11 PM
KyleRunner: "there is an easy fix by changing a pointer back to what it was suppose to be"... Hmmm... How?
July 27, 2018, 10:11:06 AM
Fox: Bootleg*
July 27, 2018, 10:09:03 AM
Fox: There are two ROMs that can be found on the internet, one may have the MEGAROMs boot load stuff. (So not truely clean.) ... If you get a screen while booting the game and holding L+R (I think it was?), then you know you have it, and your ROM is not truely "clean"... it is unfortunate, but there is an easy fix by changing a pointer back to what it was suppose to be..
July 27, 2018, 05:10:13 AM
MaxiPower: Hello World
July 25, 2018, 11:09:23 PM
KyleRunner: Well... here's The problem that needs solving: my GSTLA translation patch only works on a clean rom, with specific CRC. 
July 25, 2018, 07:59:37 PM
Fox: I am not sure I understand? If there was such a program to "clean" a dirty ROM dump, what exactly would it do?
July 25, 2018, 12:37:42 PM
KyleRunner: Hello, guys. Could someone teach me how to "clean" a dirty Golden Sun rom dump? Is there a program or something?
July 25, 2018, 01:37:40 AM
Atrius: @Fox, yeah... I was expecting it to take 2 weeks at most...
July 25, 2018, 12:03:01 AM
Majora: Yes, I believe so. Think they were made public a while ago prior to the site issue
July 24, 2018, 08:26:45 PM
Luna_blade: is it normal that I can see all clans?
July 24, 2018, 08:25:41 PM
Luna_blade: Nice to see it is back!
July 23, 2018, 11:01:36 PM
Fox: Yes. I was expecting it to be a little while longer, but it is great to see that Atrius delivered.
July 23, 2018, 02:30:46 AM
Majora: Thank you for getting the site back online!
July 21, 2018, 09:19:06 PM
Salanewt: Time to upload that "EXP gain when KO'd" patch I made a month ago.
July 21, 2018, 09:18:48 PM
Salanewt: Oh hey, the site's back up!
July 18, 2018, 10:49:52 PM
roger: I can post but it goes to an error page when I submit.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise