News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Warning of a Hacker going around GS communities

Started by Rolina, 23, April, 2010, 01:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

I broke an unwritten rule.  In otherwords, what I THOUGHT was okay turned out to not be the case.  Oh freaking well.  Not my fault the rules weren't clear.  It said don't post roms.  I didn't post a rom. No rule was broken, even if the original rule was supposed to include it.  The fact remains that it said nothing of the sort, and I got slammed and made an example out of for breaking, let me repeat, and unwritten part of that rule.

As for the IPs, it's a start, but it's not all.  I'll be back after I run some errands, and it'll be probably later than that unless I get lucky with bus timing.

Salanewt

QuoteAs for the IPs, it's a start, but it's not all.
QuoteBut why not just list the IPs?

The problem with IP adresses is that they can be changed (even by the user of the computer). I am not sure if there is a permanent IP address which is seen on websites, or if all saved IP addresses on the computer can be scanned, but just going by the current one being used would probably not help much if the said hacker knows how to change it effectively (and can still get it to work, unlike when I was trying it out).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Yeah, it's just as Sala said.  Many people use what's called a Dynamic IP.  I myself am one of them - even if you ban one IP, all the other ones my ISP provides me for my IP Address can get through.

Charon

Sigh, I understand that, if we have access to them we could at least make it more difficult, that's what I mean.

Atrius (He/Him)

Even when people have dynamic IP addresses, unless if they're using proxies, there's usually a pattern to them, so knowing one might tell you who to keep an eye on.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Crystal Sonata

Ok can you guys PM me the IP's because i have someone on my forum who seems similar and i just want to maybe check my bases. any other info would be helpful. Signed up yesterday, but i havent finished investigating his ip and everything so i havent activated him yet. Just standard procedure on my forum.

EDIT: The reason he was picked for a full investigation is because one of my admins requested it. wouldnt tell me why.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.