News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Let's talk about ridiculous release delay.

Started by Atrius, 29, April, 2010, 01:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Actually, I do believe that demotivation was a problem at one point, as Atrius did mention it. First it was lack of motivation (and being overworked), then it was Air Force (and more being overworked), then the computer got asploded.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

My argument wasn't that it didn't happen, it was that it didn't have for a full year and a half.  I understand getting sick of it and wanting a break.  We ALL have that.  But then we get over it and get back to it.

Atrius (He/Him)

Sure, sure, I get it, everyone who ever argues with you is always wrong.  I should have learned that by now.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Zach

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 02, September, 2010, 08:54:19 PM
Sure, sure, I get it, everyone who ever argues with you is always wrong.  I should have learned that by now.
Exactly! :P

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Zach on 03, September, 2010, 12:06:35 PM
Um....maybe we should all calm down?

NEVER, you'll not stifle our joking!  Way to be downer, I bet you throw awesome parties, the muzak matches the mood perfectly.  :p

In case it failed to translate well into text again, yes I'm still just joking around.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Yeah, why would we calm down?  We wage war like this all the time, if we stop, it could cause serious problems.  The rivers would dry up, the mountains would crumble, the crops would fail, and the djinni would drop dead!

Our petty silly wars are very important!  The would would END if we don't fight!

Aile~♥

"Djinn". The plural is "Djinn". Get it right for a change.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Gareth

Quote from: Role on 05, September, 2010, 09:26:42 PM
Yeah, why would we calm down?  We wage war like this all the time, if we stop, it could cause serious problems.  The rivers would dry up, the mountains would crumble, the crops would fail, and the djinni would drop dead!

Our petty silly wars are very important!  The would would END if we don't fight!

:VenusSet: :MarsSet: :JupiterSet: :MercurySet:  D=

Hoopa

Quote from: Gareth on 06, September, 2010, 05:25:13 AM

:VenusSet: :MarsSet: :JupiterSet: :MercurySet:  D=

Sorry, but Jamie's right here. Usually, djinni is the plural for djinn. However, in golden sun djinn is plural and djinni is singular. Now back on topic (sorta): Atrius said we might get the next release by the end of October right? So we won't have that long to wait.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteAtrius said we might get the next release by the end of October right? So we won't have that long to wait.
...Unless the fall makes him work as hard as he did in the Summer. (Which is unlikely, but he did not give any definites.) I suppose we could use Japan's Dark Dawn countdown for the release of version 0.3 as well?!)

Since we "sorta" do have a release date (not an exact one, but... it's helpful, nevertheless.) I suppose we can enjoy the bug fixes and see if there are any more bugs! I wonder who will find the first bug. (If any.)

Oh, and might I add... Yoshi Magic was started last year (I forget when ? July/August 2009??), and we are still working on it (Not even public yet.)... and I've only finally started getting grpahics from the game on it as well. 4BPP... Only recently, I've located the Sprites bank for Superstar Saga as well, it should connect in with doing the animations as well.

Yup, I was not motivated enough to just keep working on it... did get bored a few times... But I keep getting back to it... (Assembly is interesting... but gets boring sometimes... so...)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Quote from: Hoopa
Quote from: Gareth on 06, September, 2010, 05:25:13 AM
Yeah, why would we calm down?  We wage war like this all the time, if we stop, it could cause serious problems.  The rivers would dry up, the mountains would crumble, the crops would fail, and the djinni would drop dead!

Our petty silly wars are very important!  The would would END if we don't fight!

:VenusSet: :MarsSet: :JupiterSet: :MercurySet:  D=
Sorry, but Jamie's right here. Usually, djinni is the plural for djinn. However, in golden sun djinn is plural and djinni is singular. Now back on topic (sorta): Atrius said we might get the next release by the end of October right? So we won't have that long to wait.
Oh hush!  I was operating on a broken lappy at half sleep!  Lay off!  Seriously, the nitpicking is MY shtick!  You can't have it!

Zach

That sounds pretty awesome =)